Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Yes, this did get plenty of national attention. It was all over my Facebook feed, and most national news organizations had this featured as a top story. We don't have a Disney trip planned in the near future (so not visiting the boards), and I saw this story in several places.
The story also popped up on The Weather Chanel. I was surprised to see it there.

I know I'm out of touch (not on Facebook or wherever people hear things these days) but did this really get that much attention outside of Orlando and people already interested in Disney (pro and con)?

We all want Disney to identify and correct issues and feel confident that the system is safe before reopening, but I hope they don't think they have to spend some random number of weeks/months "testing" just for PR to make people feel good.
It was on our local news in St Louis....and trust me, there isn't a lack of news here!

Yes, this did get plenty of national attention. It was all over my Facebook feed, and most national news organizations had this featured as a top story. We don't have a Disney trip planned in the near future (so not visiting the boards), and I saw this story in several places.
The story also popped up on The Weather Chanel. I was surprised to see it there.
It was on our local news in St Louis....and trust me, there isn't a lack of news here!

Wow. I knew I was out of touch, but I really missed the "real world" coverage on this one.

Wow. I knew I was out of touch, but I really missed the "real world" coverage on this one.

Don't feel bad, I didn't see anything on social that came out of florida, including the local and national news I've watched so it's not just you. I was surprised by the comment about it being a big story because I hadn't seen anything.

The thing is the news in today's world moves at a ridiculous pace. While this made national news it was always one of those filler stories. I'd wager everyone outside of us Disney fans has already forgotten about it. I think they reopen tomorrow. If they don't then there might be something bigger going on.

I'm making a quick last minute trip to WDW this Tuesday. Hoping to give the Skyliner a try, but following the speculation here I am not encouraged

Ha! My son went on tower of terror at 3, cause he asked for a scary ride and he was giant, and my husband I clearly lack judgement. We finally got him back on it at 7.
[/QUOTEour grandson's favorite ride at 4 years of age was Tower Of Terror and still is. and yes we let him ride

A little birdie told me to keep your eyes peeled for something tomorrow.

They’ve been running all three lines quite a bit over the past few days...
Oh man, fingers crossed! We check in at AoA on Wednesday!

While I hope for guests at WDW that they open sooner than later, running the lines is zero indication that they are close to opening. We were there for 5 days in April and 10 days in September and both of those trips we watched the gondolas run almost constantly. We stay at Pop so could see them from within the resort as well as each time we were on the bus.

it will take more than running the lines to indicate that they are ready to reopen.

UPDATE:

LOL!! Looks like I was completely wrong! Skyliner is open!!

Last edited:
Just saw a post somewhere else that they are letting guests on the skyliner this morning, but I don't find any verifica

Your birdie may have known what they were talking about. I'm reading chatter about it being up and running this morning.

Interesting operating schedule over the next few days. All lines open 8AM-10:30PM today. HS closed on 10/16 with the other lines open 1PM-10:30PM. Then all 3 lines open 1PM to 10:30PM on 10/17 & 10/18. Wonder what the reasoning is behind that.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/transporta...oct2019-disney-skyliner-resumes-operation.htm

What I read was it was for some updates of some kind. All I saw was a screenshot, looked to maybe been operating hours posted on the app, not sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter