Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

I guess this will depend on if specific gondolas are designated to pull into the ECV portion of the station at the other end. If all gondolas have the option of being pulled in then yes, any one could be used for ECVs but if certain ones are designated to always pull into the secondary portion of the line then I could see them using these ones to load and unload at Riviera. I really don't know enough about the system to say how the ECV secondary lines will work and if all gondolas have the option of being used on that line. Interested to see how it works though as my parents use ECVs when we go to Disney.
I don’t truly know enough either. I do think any cabin can be directed to the secondary area and I think we may find cabins with able bodied folks occasionally unloading there to keep the secondary inventory full - i.e. 1 out 1 in. I do think “the system” knows exactly where every cabin is at every second and is planning necessary adjustments to add/remove a cabin from the secondary load zones, possibly create additional spacing between designated cabins as requested etc. It is my assumption that the sophistication jump from early “skyrides” is orders of magnitude.

What time will the gondolas start running? 60-90 minutes before park opening like the buses? I'm curious, staying at Pop Century, Oct. 11-15 and would like to utilize the gondolas during EEMH for Hollywood Studios.

Ok I’m ready for some more exciting information on the Gondolas. Nothing new for weeks. No recent uncoverings:( or good rumors of a early opening
Come on!!
Lol

Way back I remember a PP mentioned the possibility of them opening the gondolas in waves, that is certain routes at a time. I'll bet this is their plan, and the routes that include DHS will open 8/29, the others probably later.

We're staying at CBR at the beginning of August. Would be nice if they were up and running to the public then!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter