Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Not sure if it has been discussed here before (didn't want to review almost 300 pages :faint: ) Does anyone have an estimated price tag for the Skyliner project?

Not sure if it has been discussed here before (didn't want to review almost 300 pages :faint: ) Does anyone have an estimated price tag for the Skyliner project?
No but it’s been said that Disney is spending much more than the typical amount a city or ski resort might pay.

I know this was discussed early on, but has there been any confirmation one way or another as to whether bus service would remain at these resorts for Epcot and DHS (even greatly reduced)?

I know this was discussed early on, but has there been any confirmation one way or another as to whether bus service would remain at these resorts for Epcot and DHS (even greatly reduced)?

Still nothing confirmed but hard to imagine it won't at least be reduced as goal is to increase efficiency and save costs - and word from insiders is that either fully removed or greatly reduced. But still nothing confirmed by Disney

I had a thought this morning.
The Riviera load and turn station has me curious. The renderings look like there is one ramp in and out of the station.
However in theory, shouldn't they be loading in both directions? So you would have a loading side on the outside of the V and one on the inside of the V to load for the other direction. This has me wondering if they might only load in one direction. So that would mean load at Riviera, ride to Trinidad and either continue the line in the opposite direction back to riviera and on to the IG.....or do the opposite and go all the way to the IG to turn around.
There should be enough room to double load in opposing directions, but I'm unsure if the walkways support it.

The Riviera load and turn station has me curious. The renderings look like there is one ramp in and out of the station.
However in theory, shouldn't they be loading in both directions? So you would have a loading side on the outside of the V and one on the inside of the V to load for the other direction. This has me wondering if they might only load in one direction. So that would mean load at Riviera, ride to Trinidad and either continue the line in the opposite direction back to riviera and on to the IG.....or do the opposite and go all the way to the IG to turn around.
There should be enough room to double load in opposing directions, but I'm unsure if the walkways support it.
My guess is there may be one way in and out but that there will be a ramp that goes under to get to the other side.

No but it’s been said that Disney is spending much more than the typical amount a city or ski resort might pay.

I know Big Sky paid $6.5 million for the new Powderseeker lift for 2017. The Ramcharger lift supposedly cost a couple million more, which is the same D-Line Doppelmayr as Disney is installing. The only number I heard for Disney, which I have no confirmation on it’s accuracy but it came indirectly sourced from Martin, was more than $230 million.

My guess is there may be one way in and out but that there will be a ramp that goes under to get to the other side.

yeah, I just can't imagine them telling people that are staying at /bought into Riviera that their travels on the skyliner are anything than the most direct way possible - though I do get why your are thinking of these things as the exact way things will function at the Riviera Station is, I think, one of the most unknown elements

There are ramps on both sides. I assume they will build a path from one that wraps around the station and connects with the one going to the hotel.

upload_2019-2-25_12-42-9.png

Not sure how to embed twitter videos directly here, so just a link:

https://twitter.com/WDWNT/status/1100050026427006976

But gist is that winds are currently measuring at 14 MPH and they are testing the gondolas and they seem to be unaffected

I was just coming to post this. Now, obviously, these are not hurricane strength winds but it is a pretty decent breeze and the gondolas are just fine.

There are ramps on both sides. I assume they will build a path from one that wraps around the station and connects with the one going to the hotel.

View attachment 384781

I was thinking about how much our perceptions might be off simply because the side of the Riviera station that faces CBR is the side that we can more easily see. Glad to be reminded of what the "backside" of the station looks like and that there IS an entrance on that side!

Has anyone seen a video of the DHS station with a full load of gondolas running? Seems like all the recent videos only show the line. I'd like to see the station to update my calculations/assumptions.

Has anyone seen a video of the DHS station with a full load of gondolas running? Seems like all the recent videos only show the line. I'd like to see the station to update my calculations/assumptions.
What do you mean a full load? We don’t know if the amount of gondolas on the lone is the max they will use yet.

There have been videos of that line running as well as them in the station with doors opening and closing.

I've seen a few, this is the first I found while looking right now. Filmed at the DHS station and it goes back and forth from showing them on the line to showing them coming out of the station:

What do you mean a full load? We don’t know if the amount of gondolas on the lone is the max they will use yet.

There have been videos of that line running as well as them in the station with doors opening and closing.
I agree we don't know if it is a full load right now, but the only video I've seen with a good shot of the station was when they only had three on the line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter