Disney Revival April 2021 Exercise Thread

I think Frozen might be the only Revival Era film for which I recognize more than one song! In addition to "Let It Go," which won the Academy Award for Best Original Song, I actually would know "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?," "For the First Time in Forever," "In Summer," and "Fixer Upper" if I heard them.

We owe the songs to Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez. Thanks to their work on Winnie the Pooh, Disney actively courted them to work on Frozen. Christophe Beck, who had previously worked on an animated short film for Disney, composed the score. Interestingly, the film also features pieces inspired by music from the Sami culture of Norway, as well as a coronation song using Old Norse lyrics.

Frozen was dubbed in 41 languages, with a total of almost 200 singers auditioning for the part of Elsa. The singing was so hard to cast that some versions ended up with different speaking and singing actors.

I love Idina Menzel's version of "Let It Go," but Demi Lovato also recorded a version for the end credits. Here's her video:

I am back. I was off of work the week after Easter and didn't get on the Dis much that week. This week has been a bit rough. It was the first week that the kids went back to in-person school and DH ended up sick. Thankfully his COVID test came back negative and his fever (only symptom) is now gone and we are all back to normal. I was sleeping on the couch all week so my sleep has been bad as well as being achey from the couch that is 15 years old. I haven't done much in active minutes. I will get back to it this weekend.

April 6 -- 0
April 7 -- 0
April 8 -- 90
April 9 -- 64
April 10 -- 83
April 11 -- 39
April 12 -- 0
April 13 -- 0
April 14 -- 28
April 15 -- 24

Total -- 638/1800

430 since last check in - mostly horses + a little walking since after this pm, I won't be able to ride for awhile. My baby is having minor surgery. All horse related activity for at least the next 10 days, likely a little longer, will be on the ground. Already feeling bad for my boy.

1555/2500

Huge Frozen fans here, so of course I knew the voice of Kristoff! : )

Hope you're enjoying your spring snow, @sophy1996! Perfect weather for writing about Frozen.

Frozen was dubbed in 41 languages, with a total of almost 200 singers auditioning for the part of Elsa. The singing was so hard to cast that some versions ended up with different speaking and singing actors.

I mentioned we are huge Frozen fans, right? Well, we even have a favorite non-Idina Elsa. Willemijn Verkaik voiced both the German (singing) and Dutch (speaking and singing) Elsas. She has such a beautiful voice.

Congratulations to piglet1979 and swissfamilyrobinson for turning Olaf Orange (timely as we're still on Frozen) and to Twlight Sparkle and me for turning Princess Tiana Purple!

So how well do you know Frozen? (Looking at you, Twilight Sparkle!) Take this Oh My Disney trivia quiz and find out.

I only got 11 out of 31, but hey, I knew a few--some because I told you about them already!

Congratulations to piglet1979 and swissfamilyrobinson for turning Olaf Orange (timely as we're still on Frozen) and to Twlight Sparkle and me for turning Princess Tiana Purple!

So how well do you know Frozen? (Looking at you, Twilight Sparkle!) Take this Oh My Disney trivia quiz and find out.

I only got 11 out of 31, but hey, I knew a few--some because I told you about them already!

Lol! I missed 2. I don't know what other Disney movie Idina has been in, and I don't know what Michael G. has worked on. I will look them up, though! : )

Disney followed Frozen with Big Hero 6 (2014). This is one that I've never even seen one snippet of! According to Wikipedia, "the film tells the story of Hiro Hamada, a young robotics prodigy, and Baymax, his late brother's healthcare provider robot, who forms a superhero team to combat a masked villain." (Baymax, of course, is this month's Blue character.)

This was Disney's first animated film featuring Marvel characters, which the company had acquired in 2009.

Big Hero 6 grossed $657.8 million worldwide and won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature.

Do you know where Big Hero 6 is set?

San Fransokyo, an alternate history melding of San Francisco and Tokyo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!