Disney reducing food portion sizes, then added “which is probably good for some people’s waistlines.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who haven't read the actual transcript, here is the relevant portion excerpted from the Motley Fool website
I'm not seeing anything nefarious in these comments. Note that she doesn't say that they are cutting portion sizes. Its only an example of the types of actions they could do.

No, but what she is basically saying is " Well there are plenty of things we can do to reduce the experience, like change food into worse quality, lessen the food given, but hey, at least we won't charge you more for it. We will just charge you the same, but make it even less than you had before "

Which isn't any better, and actually worse overall

Last edited:

For those who haven't read the actual transcript, here is the relevant portion excerpted from the Motley Fool website
I'm not seeing anything nefarious in these comments. Note that she doesn't say that they are cutting portion sizes. Its only an example of the types of actions they could do.
If she had of only mentioned costs or food waste there would have been zero blow back.... the fact she added the waistline comment is tone-deaf. This is the problem. Had she not said that no one would have given a whit about her comment. You can say it wasn't malicious --- but it can still be tone-deaf. You have to appreciate that on at least some level.

Finally had a chance to listen to this episode yesterday: not quite sure what Kevin brought to the table on this? He makes the comment that I would paraphrase as "We're all in a bubble and insignificant to Disney as a whole" then says that if you want to effect change you have to get organized a la Gay Days, and then goes out of his way to tell John, Pete and anyone else that their ideas for protesting or boycotting (which is suggesting a way to organize) will be ineffective.

Not sure if this frustration is born out of the pin trading stuff, but for someone who was obviously agitated that other people were interrupting him, shutting down people's ideas just didn't seem constructive.

Finally had a chance to listen to this episode yesterday: not quite sure what Kevin brought to the table on this? He makes the comment that I would paraphrase as "We're all in a bubble and insignificant to Disney as a whole" then says that if you want to effect change you have to get organized a la Gay Days, and then goes out of his way to tell John, Pete and anyone else that their ideas for protesting or boycotting (which is suggesting a way to organize) will be ineffective.

Not sure if this frustration is born out of the pin trading stuff, but for someone who was obviously agitated that other people were interrupting him, shutting down people's ideas just didn't seem constructive.
this was the first episode of the show that I found I couldn't listen to and stopped after trying to fast forward through parts of it before deciding to mark it as played.

This is probably not going to be a very popular view on this forum, but I think Disney should reduce meal portion sizes, there is way too much unhealthy eating going on at the parks. Last time I was at Ohana, the family next to us, a family of 4, consumed more food than I thought was humanly possible. The 2 kids in the family, who I believe were under 18, were morbidly obese, just not right. I do also think though that they should lower the prices according, which we all know is not going to happen :D

This is probably not going to be a very popular view on this forum, but I think Disney should reduce meal portion sizes, there is way too much unhealthy eating going on at the parks. Last time I was at Ohana, the family next to us, a family of 4, consumed more food than I thought was humanly possible. The 2 kids in the family, who I believe were under 18, were morbidly obese, just not right. I do also think though that they should lower the prices according, which we all know is not going to happen :D
This is a really good troll attempt.

During our last visit to WDW I primarily ordered off the kids menu because it was more well rounded in the meal provided.

As an example, at Backlot Express the adults meal came with 4 chicken strips. The kids meal, 2 chicken strips, carrots, and water. And the kids menu was cheaper. While I wouldn't necessarily call Disney portions oversized, I personally think a lot of them lack balance.

Believe what you want, but I was there and saw first hand the massive amount of calories eaten in that one sitting at Ohana. It was mind blowing, and a sad statement on the health of many Americans today.
And what did they say when you went over there to give them your take on their food consumption? Surely if it concerned you that much you must have said something.

And what did they say when you went over there to give them your take on their food consumption? Surely if it concerned you that much you must have said something.
Obviously not my place to comment to them directly, but hard not to notice when one family is eating enough for a small village. Anyway, my sentiments remain the same, probably not a bad idea to reduce portion size, but price should go down in a commiserate manner. This is apparently a very touchy subject for you, sorry you feel that way.

Obviously not my place to comment to them directly, but hard not to notice when one family is eating enough for a small village. Anyway, my sentiments remain the same, probably not a bad idea to reduce portion size, but price should go down in a commiserate manner. This is apparently a very touchy subject for you, sorry you feel that way.
Its not so no apologies needed friend, I just find your comments hilarious.

I'm sure that made them feel really comfortable for you to be staring at them throughout their entire meal. I mean, who watches how much people at another table eats? I don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter