Disney/Pixar's Elemental debuting Summer 2023

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
Beginning in Summer 2023 get ready to meet Ember and Wade as they learn about the elements of life in Disney/Pixar's Elemental. I think that this film will show promise and be a huge hit after the disappointments with Soul and Onward and Elemental's storyline looks amazing and I think it will be a home run out of the ballpark for Disney/Pixar. Although little info has been released on celebrity voice talent for Elemental I hope they have some amazing stars doing the voices of the characters

I'm really excited about this one! I can't wait!

Course, any new Disney/Pixar animated is exciting LOL

And it will have a short in front of it. "Carl's Date" was original slated to debut on Disney+, now it'll be the first Pixar short released theatrically in 5 years.

Carls-Date-Poster.jpg

Now that's even better news! I love Carl and Doug and their kinda dark quirky humor 🤪

Already I'm on an Elemental kick and I think this movie WILL show Pixar some promise and the characters are so funny. I can't believe how Catherine O'Hara provides the voice of one of the characters in Elemental because I liked her in Home Alone and she is so fresh and funny. My favorite Elemental character is Wade because he shares the same name as Deadpool and he is cute and cool. I think Elemental will bring Pixar back to it's old self after the failure of Onward in 2020 and do well on it's opening day in theaters

I hope you folks are right, but the early box office predictions do not look promising for this film. The original Pixar stuff was incredible, and Disney really needs a win in the theaters right now.

I am seeing predictions in the $38-40 Million Dollar range for the opening domestic haul. If that is the starting point, this movie likely looses a bunch of money.

Last edited:
I think what people are hoping with Elemental is that it will have the same charm as Inside Out and I have been seeing that some of the characters look similar to the characters featured in the Cricket Wireless commercials and I hope Cricket Wireless doesn't sue Disney for copying their characters. And when you watch the previews you'll notice that Ember's father looks like the fire character in Howl's Moving Castle that's voiced by Billy Crystal. But by judging by the previews I think Elemental has the power to be a monster hit and with newcomer celebrities such as Leah Lewis voicing Ember I think this is the ticket to make Pixar successful again. But I have to say the guy who voices Wade is fantastic and I think due to Elemental he has a big successful voice acting career to start. What is his name and has he been in any other movies and sitcoms before Elemental?

I just think it looks dreadful if I’m being honest. No desire to see in the theatre or Disney + or anywhere. I asked my young teen if she had any interest in seeing it and she gave me a look like ummm no way. Unless it’s got fantastic word of mouth and is far better than it looks from the previews I suspect this will do as poorly as is suggested. I know I’m being negative, and perhaps am not the target for this movie. Maybe I will be wrong.

Carl’s Date on the other hand…..can’t wait til that is on Disney +!❤️ I just loved UP. One of my all time favorites.

Same for my kids, they say it looks stupid. I don't know the answer, but Disney needs to find some new creatives or something. Stinker after stinker lately.

Mario is showing what a simple idea and giving the fans what they wanted can do.

Carl's Date looks really cool, cannot wait to see that one!

Most of the early screenings were yesterday, and the majority are VERY positive... Im a bit surprised, but people were extremely impressed with the storyline, and said the animation, while not Pixar best, was very good !!!

I have done more research on Elemental and when I was learning more it seems that they have made Wade like Sadness from Inside Out and Ember is the heroine that saves the day and when I was reading more about Elemental's storyline I noticed that there is a crush element to the storyline when we see a friendship blossom Ember and Wade and what I think Pixar is starting to do is add romance to it's movies just like Disney used to do with the princess movies and this is most likely the direction they are taking with Elemental

I have done more research on Elemental and when I was learning more it seems that they have made Wade like Sadness from Inside Out and Ember is the heroine that saves the day and when I was reading more about Elemental's storyline I noticed that there is a crush element to the storyline when we see a friendship blossom Ember and Wade and what I think Pixar is starting to do is add romance to it's movies just like Disney used to do with the princess movies and this is most likely the direction they are taking with Elemental

Most people that have reviewed have called it an "Animated Rom-Com"

So what's the general theme of this movie? Elements of Fire and Water have a star crossed romance kinda thing? So are we are doing the whole two kids like one another but are from very different cultures, so their families don't approve thingy?

So what's the general theme of this movie? Elements of Fire and Water have a star crossed romance kinda thing? So are we are doing the whole two kids like one another but are from very different cultures, so their families don't approve thingy?

Yeah, basically. It's a pretty universal theme. In this case it does seem that the elements don't mix because it can be physically dangerous - like when Ember burns up the plant person's leaves. It could be interesting if they explore that.

Read today that with the need to trim fat at Disney right now to save money, you may see them consider just rolling Pixar into Disney Animation. If this movie loses money yet again for Pixar it may be the final straw and prove the catalyst for this bold move.

Read today that with the need to trim fat at Disney right now to save money, you may see them consider just rolling Pixar into Disney Animation. If this movie loses money yet again for Pixar it may be the final straw and prove the catalyst for this bold move.

I don't know that they will do that. They were already previously under hte same division when under Lasseter. I think the distinct brnading will remain considering the Pixar name still has cachet. Also, the trailer for Elio is being well received, so that may be the true comeback.

I don't know that they will do that. They were already previously under hte same division when under Lasseter. I think the distinct brnading will remain considering the Pixar name still has cachet. Also, the trailer for Elio is being well received, so that may be the true comeback.
Elio does look really good, maybe you are right. Pixar is some of my favorite animated stuff out there.

Elio does look really good, maybe you are right. Pixar is some of my favorite animated stuff out there.

Yeah, and I mena, it is a bit of a slump - but that happens. I know we argue abotu waht's a "flop" etc. but I don't think they're in terrible shape. I DO think that relegating several in a row straight to Disney+ was a mistake. Covid was one thing, but I think they took it too far. But, a bounceback is not out of the question. I may see Elemental tonight, and there are already a few seats sold - it may surprise folks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter