Disney Parks " Disney Time" Sweepstakes- Any Other Winners?

I haven't seen the contest advertised at all except the New Years Eve original announcement. Now between work, kids, long commute, and my home business I admit I don't get out much!:rotfl2: But I don't exactly live under a rock either and I still haven't seen it.

I admit I'm disappointed in only one Dis winner. The contest is basically halfway over as of today. I hope the Dis luck will turn around!!

Yes, my sister gave me $2000 and I was so grateful. Her and my nephew got flights, hotel, transfers, and their own balcony cabin on a 10 night cruise to Italy, Greece and Turkey. She was over the moon and I was so happy to have the $2k to help pay the taxes.

Ok so I have a question that has NOTHING to do with taxes;) If we did win and needed to add a 5th person. When would their items airfare and passes) need to be paid?? Also when all of you previous winner won, how did you check in to your hotel? We dont have large credit cards and I worry what kind of deposit they will want. Thanks in advance!! Also if there were parts of the package that you didnt want/need did the compensate you with GC for those or did you lose them? TIA

Add me to the list of 'close calls'. I must admit that earlier today I was laughing at all the people jumping at every ring of the phone, and then today happened.

I'm a school teacher, and with about 5 minutes left in one of my classes, my cell starts to ring. I pull it out and see it's a 407 number. Now, this is not unusual at all since I live in Florida, but whenever a number calls me that I don't know I google it to see if I can figure out who it is first. Lo and behold, it's a Disney customer service line in Florida. My heart skips about 3 beats, and I say to myself, calm down, it's not the 212 number so it's probably something else.

Then I think, well I live in Florida, so maybe they have someone from the Florida office calling those numbers. (I never claimed I was a rational person, did I?)

I go outside to listen to the voicemail after my class is dismissed and am already trying to figure out if we should stay at Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian... and it turns out it was a call thanking me for writing guest relations with feedback about an incident that happened in the park. They were answering an email I wrote 2 weeks ago. Boo! Still glad for the call, but the timing and everything. BLAH!

As of 2012, approximately 26 percent of all taxpayers were included in the 15-percent tax bracket, while fewer than 1 percent were included in the highest tax bracket. In fact, fewer than 3 percent of all United States taxpayers were included in the top three tax brackets ranging from 28 to 35 percent that year.[/I]

Curious usage of the word "taxpayer". I bet the source you are citing meant tax filer seeing as around 47% of tax filers either don't pay or get more than they paid in which would make them tax receivers.

TJDisneymama said:
all this tax bracket talk prompted me to search....I was thinking- how many of us here are really in the 30% tax bracket?? According to this, not many.

The two highest tax brackets are 33 and 35 percent. As of 2012, married couples filing jointly who earn between $217,450 and $388,350 and individuals who earn between $178,650 and $388,350 annually are in the 33-percent tax bracket.

The highest tax bracket possible is the 35 percent bracket, which includes married couples filing jointly who earn more than $388,350 and individuals who earn more than $388,350.

As of 2012, approximately 26 percent of all taxpayers were included in the 15-percent tax bracket, while fewer than 1 percent were included in the highest tax bracket. In fact, fewer than 3 percent of all United States taxpayers were included in the top three tax brackets ranging from 28 to 35 percent that year.

Tax Bracket Married Filing Jointly Single
10% Bracket $0 – $17,400 $0 – $8,700
15% Bracket $17,400 – $70,700 $8,700 – $35,350
25% Bracket $70,700 – $142,700 $35,350 – $85,650
28% Bracket $142,700 – $217,450 $85,650 – $178,650
33% Bracket $217,450 – $388,350 $178,650 – $388,350
35% Bracket Over $388,350 Over $388,350

Does this factor in AMT though? Somewhere around $75,000 AMT come into play.
D

nooneshome said:
Curious usage of the word "taxpayer". I bet the source you are citing meant tax filer seeing as around 47% of tax filers either don't pay or get more than they paid in which would make them tax receivers.

Tax withholding comes out of every paycheck. If your tax Liability is less you get money back, but you still paid taxes, hence taxpayer.

My heart just stopped! A Fed Ex truck pulled down my street, pulled into my driveway and turned around and went down the street the other way :(

just read through this entire thread:woohoo: So if I won:

Disney World
Stay at the Poly
Amazing Fun
May, September, or October.

Funny thing, my sons (ages 19 and 23) could probably care less and won't want to go. I wonder who I could take in their place?

just read through this entire thread:woohoo: So if I won:

Disney World
Stay at the Poly
Amazing Fun
May, September, or October.

Funny thing, my sons (ages 19 and 23) could probably care less and won't want to go. I wonder who I could take in their place?

Me, me, me!!! And I'll even pay my share of the taxes. :rotfl:

My Choices:
WDW
Poly
November
Adult/Romance

Ok so I have a question that has NOTHING to do with taxes;) If we did win and needed to add a 5th person. When would their items airfare and passes) need to be paid?? Also when all of you previous winner won, how did you check in to your hotel? We dont have large credit cards and I worry what kind of deposit they will want. Thanks in advance!! Also if there were parts of the package that you didnt want/need did the compensate you with GC for those or did you lose them? TIA

Your fifth person airfare, etc. has to be paid at the time that Disney books your reservations (they book the winners and the additional guests at the same time to assure that everyone is on the same flight, etc.). When I went on my OMDD trip, I went to DL and just like WDW, if you want to charge purchases to your room, you have to put a credit card on file. However, unlike WDW, if you charge purchases to your room, every single charge posts to your credit card. All of your charges are held against your credit card and when you check out, you either have to pay the charges with cash or a gift card or leave them on your credit card. If you use cash or a gift card to pay your charges, the temporary posts to your credit card will be removed within 5 days of your check out.

loveshak22 said:
I think it's the fantasyland of "what if" that most of us are living in...most of us posted where we'd want to stay if we won and people are already torn between WDW and DL :rotfl: It's things to thing about just in case we are one of the winners. It doesn't hurt to try to figure it out now.

As I posted before, I really don't think the tax thing is a huge issue if you plan. It's counted as earned income for the year you take the trip and you don't report it until the next year anyway so you have time to save. If you need more time to save then take the trip in 2014. I think the rules say you have until February 2014. Then you won't pay taxes until 2015 when you report your earnings for 2014. That gives someone almost two years from the time they find out they win until they will owe the taxes. Plus a lot of people get refunds and if that's the case it'll help offset the taxes owed.

Ooohhh call me an idiot lol. I thought that you have to pay taxes on the trip before you take it.(I don't enter many contests). No big deal I get a major refund every year cause I have them take extra out of my checks so it would just be less next year oh well.

Your fifth person airfare, etc. has to be paid at the time that Disney books your reservations (they book the winners and the additional guests at the same time to assure that everyone is on the same flight, etc.). When I went on my OMDD trip, I went to DL and just like WDW, if you want to charge purchases to your room, you have to put a credit card on file. However, unlike WDW, if you charge purchases to your room, every single charge posts to your credit card. All of your charges are held against your credit card and when you check out, you either have to pay the charges with cash or a gift card or leave them on your credit card. If you use cash or a gift card to pay your charges, the temporary posts to your credit card will be removed within 5 days of your check out.

Question if you don't mind.

If you had to do it over again, would you still pick DL over WDW.
if you still had never been to DL before?

Shea&Van said:
Okay folks,

While we are patiently waiting for our phones to ring (yeah right) or when we need a break from chasing the FedEx drivers or manically checking our junk mail boxes...let's have a little fun.

WHEN (not IF, but WHEN) we do get those magical calls, emails or deliveries...wishful thinking goes a long way right...where would we go?

So, let's do this...
1) the World or the Land?
2) Resort?
3) Package (romance, character, etc.)?
4) Dates of travel?

Wasn't it one of the Oprah gurus who said if you send your request up into the universe it will happen (or something like that)...I'm sending, I'm sending...

Nice day dream to get us through another LONG day of waiting...

Good luck everyone!

Chiming in after lots of reading... I know we won't take a trip this year unless we miraculously won one, so I've been entering myself, my husband, my mom, dad & mother-in-law every day (with all of their permission of course)! I'm not letting myself fantasize too much, but...

1) WDW... We're on the East coast & have never been to DL/ DCA, but I think I'd still go for WDW. I'm a sucker for Epcot!

2) Was it determined that it has to be a deluxe? DH is a big fan of having a sep. master bdrm (we have 2 girls, 2.5 & 6...), so if it's any resort, we'd love to check out Art of Animation (and to keep tax $ down!). It opened a few weeks after our last trip, i was so sad!
If we had to pick a Deluxe, it'd either be the poly (monorail, amazing food, & themeing) or the Beach Club (closeness to Epcot, pool, food options)...

3) package- I think the "Grownup Fun and Romance package seems best... We loooove checking out new Signature Dining experiences, the spa sounds lovely (or would it just be a gift card??) & who doesn't love shopping?! :) oh, and we haven't gotten to experience any water parks yet, so why not!

4) travel dates- I'd love to go during our 9 yr anniversary, but this year that will be during Thanksgiving week... So that'll probably be blacked out. I think probably mid- late October, so we could check out Food & Wine, see the fall decor, & go to MNSSHP :)

Now if i could only win.... Pixie dust to all!!!

That's probably why us DIS'ers aren't winning, we are only entering ONCE. The rest of the peeps who aren't on this board who read it that way (as I did too) are enetering a bazillion times and WINNING.

I was wondering the same thing! Disney's wording is a bit strange and there is definitely grey area on how to interpret it. They should say "one entry, per PERSON, per day" I have multiple email addresses but I viewed the statement "one entry" to mean "one" and have only entered my name once a day.

I am a worry wart and would be afraid if I didn't follow the rules that I would be disqualified. So if there is any ambiguity in rules I opt for the safe route :)

I think that the "come back and vote again to increase your chances" schpeel is to get traffic to their site each day and people are misinterpreting that to mean reenter 100 times on the same day. Is the final drawing cumulative? I think I read somewhere that the previous entries are all added to one final drawing - so your entry would show up 30 times if you entered each day, right?

I was wondering the same thing! Disney's wording is a bit strange and there is definitely grey area on how to interpret it. They should say "one entry, per PERSON, per day" I have multiple email addresses but I viewed the statement "one entry" to mean "one" and have only entered my name once a day.

I am a worry wart and would be afraid if I didn't follow the rules that I would be disqualified. So if there is any ambiguity in rules I opt for the safe route :)

I think that the "come back and vote again to increase your chances" schpeel is to get traffic to their site each day and people are misinterpreting that to mean reenter 100 times on the same day. Is the final drawing cumulative? I think I read somewhere that the previous entries are all added to one final drawing - so your entry would show up 30 times if you entered each day, right?

from the official rules

Entries are limited to one (1) Entry per person/email address (Address) for each Daily Sweepstakes (except in the case of the Grand Sweepstakes which includes a carry-over of all eligible Entries for the preceding 30 Daily Sweepstakes), regardless of method of Entry or whether one person has more than one Address or more than one person use the same Address.

Tax withholding comes out of every paycheck. If your tax Liability is less you get money back, but you still paid taxes, hence taxpayer.

When you file your tax return and you receive a check for more money than they withheld in my book that makes you a tax receiver. The fact that Uncle Barry holds it for a year or so is not relevant.

I cannot believe there hasn't been more DIS winners.

I hope there are because it was so fun reading about how everyone planned and what actually happens when you win a contest like this.

Oooh... maybe I can be in that group. ;)

So, this year Disney chooses your resort or what? I'd be interested in hearing about this and what resort people get.

:banana::banana::banana: Three dancing bananas as good luck for more DIS winners!!!!!

I cannot believe there hasn't been more DIS winners.

I hope there are because it was so fun reading about how everyone planned and what actually happens when you win a contest like this.

Oooh... maybe I can be in that group. ;)

So, this year Disney chooses your resort or what? I'd be interested in hearing about this and what resort people get.

:banana::banana::banana: Three dancing bananas as good luck for more DIS winners!!!!!

Last year was a lot of fun hearing about other peoples' trips and all of the excitement. This year I don't think anyone knows yet about the resorts. Last year they basically said the same thing about Disney picking your resort, BUT were given choices to rank, which Disney then selected from. So, we did have a choice, but Disney ultimately decided lol. We'll just have to check later when more information, and hopefully more winners, come out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter