Disney Parks " Disney Time" Sweepstakes- Any Other Winners?

Is anyone else really disappointed that we have only one Dis winner thus far. When I read through last year there were like 18 Dis winners.

So far, I've read that this could be because last year you needed a Disney account to enter and this year you don't?

I don't know about your geographical areas, but we have not seen ANY commercials announcing this contest ANY where. We TiVo a bunch of cartoons and we keep the TV on in our room almost all night...yes, I still have a baby who gets up mutliple times each night :). :happytv:

Who's got another theory on the lack of Dis winners?

I was really hoping to hear some of my Dis Pals' experiences.

For those of you old enough to know the SNL reference..."talks amongst yourselves" -- coffee talk :lmao:

Sending all of you some extra sparkly pixie dust today!!! Let's go Dis'ers...we need a win! :lmao:

The room was not the highest of the cost either. When I printed my reservation for the accountant the room rate at WL was only $90 a night. That's $360 for room on my stay. Now 5 day Park Hoppers, hmmm yea that probably soaked up a good $,1200 or more considering all 4 tickets were issued as ADULT. Plus our $1,500 gift cards and you have to consider airfare. Our airfare was $1,400-- I was able to print the reservation from USAir. I think the hotel choice is the least of all the costs to be concerned about :bitelip:

Our tickets were even more expensive - they were 531 each (I know because I had to buy the 5th one and they were all booked at the same time)

Our tickets were even more expensive - they were 531 each (I know because I had to buy the 5th one and they were all booked at the same time)

You mean airfare, not Park, correct? I hope so, holy cow!:eek:

Is anyone else really disappointed that we have only one Dis winner thus far. When I read through last year there were like 18 Dis winners.

So far, I've read that this could be because last year you needed a Disney account to enter and this year you don't?

I don't know about your geographical areas, but we have not seen ANY commercials announcing this contest ANY where. We TiVo a bunch of cartoons and we keep the TV on in our room almost all night...yes, I still have a baby who gets up mutliple times each night :). :happytv:

For those of you old enough to know the SNL reference..."talks amongst yourselves" -- coffee talk :lmao:

Sending all of you some extra sparkly pixie dust today!!! Let's go Dis'ers...we need a win! :lmao:

There were 20 or 21 of us out of the 60. 19 of us have stayed in contact. That's a decent number of Disser's so this is quite interesting about no more winners...:rolleyes1 Some of our 19 joined the Dis after winning and found our group so can't say what is going on...:idea:
Oh and have to say every time I turn around this contest is definitely promoted more than OMDD! Maybe I belong to too many groups, but there are constant reminders everyday to enter from multiple sites, FB pages, Twitter etc. Maybe just more people entering than us normal Disney freaks!

Oh, and here's a question I was wondering...if you were to take someone outside of your spouse and kids, would you ask them to pay part of the taxes? Since my DH and I don't have kids it would be either the two of us and another couple who have been wanting to do an adult trip to WDW with us or my parents. Since it's not really a free vacation with taxes and it's just highly discounted would you think it's right to ask the people you invite with you to pay a few hundred to help pay taxes, or is that rude?

Just a wwyd type question for the day! I know why worry about it if I haven't won but I was just thinking about it when reading all the tax posts and dreaming about where we'd go and who we'd bring if we won.

Personally I'd find that extremely rude. They didn't enter the contest, you did...and you offered to bring them out of kindness I'd hope.

Now if you make a deal with another couple let's all enter the contest in hopes by having 4 entries we may win and then if we're lucky and win we'll share costs.

I probably could answer this if I went thru all of the details and rules but instead I came here.

It is just me and my daughter in my family. My mother went with us to Disney last time, but my father is now in poor health and I can't see her leaving him for anything over a few days. For various medical reasons he can not fly so it is not an option for both of them to come along. Since there are only two and it would be difficult to find others to come along on our schedule, if we were to win could we take two trips?

One trip we would have to pay for the hotel part of the stay since that would have been used on the first trip, but in theory if only two of us go, there would be two more aifares and two more sets of tickets that could be used on another trip.

No the rules are clear if less than 2 people go then you don't get compensation.

I was thinking this exact thought the other night when I couldn't fall asleep - how come only 1 DISer has won so far?

Maybe others just aren't sharing their joyous news? Maybe they are delaying notifying winners and telling them once a week now? Maybe the person in charge of notifying winners in on vacation (at WDW???)?

Who knows... I just hope more winners come forward, and that maybe DH or I can be one of those winners!!!

Enjoying this thread - reading all the "what ifs" and dreaming!! Congrats to Gantu for being picked - that's awesome. Good Luck to everyone here - hope to hear some more Disers get the call! Off to enter again :thumbsup2

loveshak22 said:
Oh, and here's a question I was wondering...if you were to take someone outside of your spouse and kids, would you ask them to pay part of the taxes? Since my DH and I don't have kids it would be either the two of us and another couple who have been wanting to do an adult trip to WDW with us or my parents. Since it's not really a free vacation with taxes and it's just highly discounted would you think it's right to ask the people you invite with you to pay a few hundred to help pay taxes, or is that rude?

Just a wwyd type question for the day! I know why worry about it if I haven't won but I was just thinking about it when reading all the tax posts and dreaming about where we'd go and who we'd bring if we won.

If I was going to bring someone outside of my family I would probably try to bring it up. But definitely bring it up now and not after you were to win. That way they're not all stoked on a free trip and then you surprise them with having to help pay taxes.

I don't see anything wrong with wanting them to help you on on the tax side just as long as you bring it up early and figure out your options.

If I was going to bring someone outside of my family I would probably try to bring it up. But definitely bring it up now and not after you were to win. That way they're not all stoked on a free trip and then you surprise them with having to help pay taxes.

I don't see anything wrong with wanting them to help you on on the tax side just as long as you bring it up early and figure out your options.

I agree! :thumbsup2

all this tax bracket talk prompted me to search....I was thinking- how many of us here are really in the 30% tax bracket?? According to this, not many.

The two highest tax brackets are 33 and 35 percent. As of 2012, married couples filing jointly who earn between $217,450 and $388,350 and individuals who earn between $178,650 and $388,350 annually are in the 33-percent tax bracket.

The highest tax bracket possible is the 35 percent bracket, which includes married couples filing jointly who earn more than $388,350 and individuals who earn more than $388,350.

As of 2012, approximately 26 percent of all taxpayers were included in the 15-percent tax bracket, while fewer than 1 percent were included in the highest tax bracket. In fact, fewer than 3 percent of all United States taxpayers were included in the top three tax brackets ranging from 28 to 35 percent that year.

Tax Bracket Married Filing Jointly Single
10% Bracket $0 – $17,400 $0 – $8,700
15% Bracket $17,400 – $70,700 $8,700 – $35,350
25% Bracket $70,700 – $142,700 $35,350 – $85,650
28% Bracket $142,700 – $217,450 $85,650 – $178,650
33% Bracket $217,450 – $388,350 $178,650 – $388,350
35% Bracket Over $388,350 Over $388,350

Personally I'd find that extremely rude. They didn't enter the contest, you did...and you offered to bring them out of kindness I'd hope.

Now if you make a deal with another couple let's all enter the contest in hopes by having 4 entries we may win and then if we're lucky and win we'll share costs.

That was my initial reaction as well - if I won a trip and invited them then I should leave it at that. But then I started thinking that in essence we'd be paying for their trip because we're having to pay for the trip as well with the taxes. I never in a million years would bring it up if the contest provided extra money to cover taxes.

That's a good idea! Although then I'd really feel like I was putting the cart in front of the horse :rotfl2: Not that I haven't already with all the planning in my head!

Thanks for the input everyone!

All these fun hypothetical "problems" we come up with to plan for our hypothetical winning of the contest!

Haven't been around much lately, but glad to see there are as many people out there who believe they can win!!!! Best of luck to everyone!!!!!!

all this tax bracket talk prompted me to search....I was thinking- how many of us here are really in the 30% tax bracket?? According to this, not many.

The two highest tax brackets are 33 and 35 percent. As of 2012, married couples filing jointly who earn between $217,450 and $388,350 and individuals who earn between $178,650 and $388,350 annually are in the 33-percent tax bracket.

The highest tax bracket possible is the 35 percent bracket, which includes married couples filing jointly who earn more than $388,350 and individuals who earn more than $388,350.

As of 2012, approximately 26 percent of all taxpayers were included in the 15-percent tax bracket, while fewer than 1 percent were included in the highest tax bracket. In fact, fewer than 3 percent of all United States taxpayers were included in the top three tax brackets ranging from 28 to 35 percent that year.

Tax Bracket Married Filing Jointly Single
10% Bracket $0 – $17,400 $0 – $8,700
15% Bracket $17,400 – $70,700 $8,700 – $35,350
25% Bracket $70,700 – $142,700 $35,350 – $85,650
28% Bracket $142,700 – $217,450 $85,650 – $178,650
33% Bracket $217,450 – $388,350 $178,650 – $388,350
35% Bracket Over $388,350 Over $388,350

Ok well I don't make anywhere near $217K but on my Europe trip win I did pay $7K in taxes, this included state of California taxes as well. It all came out to about 30% of the trip value. I did bring my sister and nephew and they offered to pay there portion of the tax. :-)

Yikes, I would never ask someone that I was bringing along on a trip I won, to help pay for the taxes. That is the most bizarre thing I think I've read on here!

summerrluvv said:
Yikes, I would never ask someone that I was bringing along on a trip I won, to help pay for the taxes. That is the most bizarre thing I think I've read on here!

I don't think it's that bizarre to ask someone to help pay their share of the taxes. I don't think I'd bring someone who wasn't willing to help out. Yes, the person who won is responsible for the taxes but the small amount the guests would have to chip in is nothing compared to paying for an entire trip.

I don't think it's that bizarre to ask someone to help pay their share of the taxes. I don't think I'd bring someone who wasn't willing to help out. Yes, the person who won is responsible for the taxes but the small amount the guests would have to chip in is nothing compared to paying for an entire trip.

Ditto. I don't think it's that weird either. It's still an amazing deal for the friends who get asked along.

I don't think it's bizarre at all. I'd rather someone offer to take me on a "free" trip to Disney if I paid the taxes than not take me at all! If my portion of the trip was going to cost someone $500 in taxes I would OFFER to pay it. They wouldn't even have to ask me to pay it. ;)

Why should such a generous friend (one who would be willing to allow me to infringe upon their free vacation time) be expected to pay anything to cover my portion of the trip? That's how I see it, anyway.

It would be different if the prize came along with cash to cover the taxes, as some prizes do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter