Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.

sorry if I am being dense - does this mean these panels will be live streamed on Disney+?
I am going to go with no. Since this is San Diego Comic Con pitting this on due to the cancelled convention I would imagine it and all other panels will be put on to their service.

I am going to go with no. Since this is San Diego Comic Con pitting this on due to the cancelled convention I would imagine it and all other panels will be put on to their service.

yeah, would makes sense - and more just promoting "these Disney+ shows will have panels at Sand Diego Comic Con"

Just confusing when Disney+ tweets out "join us"

Happy Hamilton Day! Almost done with the first act. Goosebumps when Alexander Hamilton started.

I have seen both touring casts including Austin Scott, who ended up playing Hamilton on Broadway, but it’s great being able to see the OG cast.

For someone who has no real idea about Hamilton (gasp!!) is there anything I should do to prepare before watching it?

Before going to see Les Miserables for the first time I learned the story line and it made watching it so much more enjoyable!

For someone who has no real idea about Hamilton (gasp!!) is there anything I should do to prepare before watching it?

Before going to see Les Miserables for the first time I learned the story line and it made watching it so much more enjoyable!

The first act is the Revolutionary War and the second act is the formation of the US government essentially. Not sure how much that is taught in Canada but basic knowledge is enough to follow the significance of the story.

I have suggested to friends to listen to the cast soundtrack before going to the show. The songs are pretty fast so you miss things the first time around. Since you can watch multiple times, that might not be needed the first time.

I'd recommend using subtitles because there are several parts where the rapping is pretty fast.

I heard he eventually became president :crazy:

Thoroughly enjoyed Hamilton today! I hadn't even listened to the music much prior to watching (a few snippets here and there but that's it), and boy, as soon as I finished watching I told Alexa to play the soundtrack. I have a feeling I'll be listening to it a lot now! So great!

Big surprise, but Hamilton was really. really good. I'd seen the touring company twice, and they were solid, but the originals were so much better. And the filmed aspect let you see things you couldn't from the stage -- the slow building but almost always there rage of Burr, the playful and malevolent giddiness of Jefferson. For example, I always thought AH not going upstate was a real blow to E and A, but seeing it this close showed they didn't seem devastated at all. Or seeing Phillip during the Reynold's pamphlet. Or in Cabinet Battle #1, how Jefferson is playing along and enjoying the interplay until Hamilton goes personal. Little touches of the story I would never have seen from the soundtrack or even row Q at my theater were all there, and it made the show that much more special. And I usually don't think LMM acts very well, but he was great.

Even if you're a soundtrack junkie, give it a watch ( like you wouldn't anyway). It showed so much more than i imagined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts