Disney News Round Up

Some spirited news for you
These things are not confirmed yet but will likely happen

1. New restaurant taking over the leaving Kouzzina will be an italian place run by disney called Trattoria Al Forno. Disney is working on it right now. Kouzzina closes in september.

2. Star wars will come in some way to both WDW and DLR by 2020. Right now Disney executives are believe it or not concerned that star wars has a certain fan boy fan base and the series doesn't fit in to their mommys and princesses demographic. Next Gen things are also why projects are on hold.

3. Florida resident discounts for tickets may be going bye bye next year.

4. MK guest services is getting a lot of complaints about the snug seats on the mine train...

It has been confirmed by the disney parks blog that July 17th 2014 Disney will announce some big upcoming happenings as to whats in store for the big 60th anniversary at DLR. The announcements will start at 10 am.

This is what the Poly waterfall looks like now. This was from the Tikiman earlier today.

KWDNm7R.jpg

2. Star wars will come in some way to both WDW and DLR by 2020. Right now Disney executives are believe it or not concerned that star wars has a certain fan boy fan base and the series doesn't fit in to their mommys and princesses demographic. Next Gen things are also why projects are on hold.

Yeah, because they don't have enough Princess stuff everywhere! As I'm about to have my first kid in a few months, I wonder (if it's a boy, we have chosen not to find out) what will be in the park for him. Sure, Peter Pan and some Pirate stuff, but even the cool boy characters (NOT MICKEY) like Donald or his nephews are not very evident in the parks. That said, I know plenty of bad-*** females who love Star Wars. Besides, if done right, I don't think that girls or boys will mind doing it. I enjoy the new LM ride in NFL and think the ETWB experience is cool, but I'm sure both are "geared" towards girls.

Yeah, because they don't have enough Princess stuff everywhere! As I'm about to have my first kid in a few months, I wonder (if it's a boy, we have chosen not to find out) what will be in the park for him. Sure, Peter Pan and some Pirate stuff, but even the cool boy characters (NOT MICKEY) like Donald or his nephews are not very evident in the parks. That said, I know plenty of bad-*** females who love Star Wars. Besides, if done right, I don't think that girls or boys will mind doing it. I enjoy the new LM ride in NFL and think the ETWB experience is cool, but I'm sure both are "geared" towards girls.

Yep, FantasyLand especially feels too girly & princessy, yes historically Adventure & Frontierland are more boy style areas but I think Disney needs to more to make every land suitible for all.

Star Wars expansion at Hollywood Studios would be great but the Magic Kingdom and Epcot need more original ideas, think Jungle Cruise, Pirates etc, rides that don't need a film or TV tie-in!

It's just a bump in the road that some executives are concerned about. This issue is not enough to derail the project.

Yep, FantasyLand especially feels too girly & princessy, yes historically Adventure & Frontierland are more boy style areas but I think Disney needs to more to make every land suitible for all. Star Wars expansion at Hollywood Studios would be great but the Magic Kingdom and Epcot need more original ideas, think Jungle Cruise, Pirates etc, rides that don't need a film or TV tie-in!
New fantasyland was originally supposed to be even more girly. The mine train was not originally in the plans they put it in at the last minute. An aurora area, and fairy area were planned for fantasyland as well but taken out because they though there was too much princess. I agree about original ideas but I don't see any big ones coming in the nest few years.

Aw, man. That just makes me sad. I remember going to Poly when I was a kid and being so impressed by the waterfall. :sad1:
Well there were some problems with the operations of it so it needed to be taken down anyways DVC or not. I just wish they would have added another new water feature.

It's just a bump in the road that some executives are concerned about. This issue is not enough to derail the project.

Not buying the to girly thing. They know Star Wars is a hit and they are not going to leave it on a shelf. Star Wars is going to happen and people who don't like it will just have to visit other areas of the park.

P.S. I talked to a friend of mine and he says that he hasn't heard of Florida Residents discounts ending next year? Did the Spirit give any clues to where he heard that?

It has been confirmed by the disney parks blog that July 17th 2014 Disney will announce some big upcoming happenings as to whats in store for the big 60th anniversary at DLR. The announcements will start at 10 am.

I'm excited about this. I personally feel that DLR's management has been better than WDW's in recent years. I'm not sure if they have enough time to bring a new attraction on time, but I'm excited regardless. A new nighttime parade and all the Fantasyland ride makeovers sound exciting enough to make a great 60th anniversary.

Not buying the to girly thing. They know Star Wars is a hit and they are not going to leave it on a shelf. Star Wars is going to happen and people who don't like it will just have to visit other areas of the park. P.S. I talked to a friend of mine and he says that he hasn't heard of Florida Residents discounts ending next year? Did the Spirit give any clues to where he heard that?
The spirit said that Star Wars would happen but they were just questioning the girl thing. He heard that from three different people one an imagineer.

As for Florida resident tickets he wasn't the only one to say this others said it would be happening too. I found that interesting and thought I'd post it. No mention of where that info was found.

I'm excited about this. I personally feel that DLR's management has been better than WDW's in recent years. I'm not sure if they have enough time to bring a new attraction on time, but I'm excited regardless. A new nighttime parade and all the Fantasyland ride makeovers sound exciting enough to make a great 60th anniversary.
No new attractions are being rumored but the new parade, dark ride refurbs, new soarin film, and more unannounced things are supposed to be part of the 60th.

Beginning January 5 2015 and continuing through to March 6, Cinderella's royal table at the castle will be closed for refurbishment. The princess character dining experience is expected to reopen to guests on March 7 2015.

The spirit said that Star Wars would happen but they were just questioning the girl thing. He heard that from three different people one an imagineer.

As for Florida resident tickets he wasn't the only one to say this others said it would be happening too. I found that interesting and thought I'd post it. No mention of where that info was found.

I don't live in Florida...

But I find the idea that they would dare discontinue Florida discounts as offensive as it gets...

Florida residents...have always bolstered wdw in downtimes...always there when needed...

And they do so while spending a larger portion of their discretionary income in many cases...partly due to Florida's sub livable income labor policies...

Even at a discount

Iger will leave a stock hero...temporarily

I don't live in Florida...

But I find the idea that they would dare discontinue Florida discounts as offensive as it gets...

Florida residents...have always bolstered wdw in downtimes...always there when needed...

And they do so while spending a larger portion of their discretionary income in many cases...partly due to Florida's sub livable income labor policies...

Even at a discount

Iger will leave a stock hero...temporarily

This is the absolute truth.... especially the deplorable labor and industries policies. I am a slave to the old men in Tallahassee.

1.If you haven't heard already Disney has changed a lot of park hours for the rest of the year. I would check your dates if you haven't already.

2. http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guides/animalkingdom/ak-africa-over.htm#harambenights

several more dates for Harambe nights have sold out. If you want tickets act fast.

3. http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2014/06/25/jury-sides-with-disneyland-in-splash-mountain-lawsuit/

In a disneyland lawsuit the jury has sided with disney for an injury on splash mountain.

4. Several refurb dates are out for winter summer land mini golf.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/rehab.htm#golf

5. Agent P's Adventures in Epcot are going to be upgraded

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guides/epcot/ep-worldshowcase.htm#agentp

I'm hoping for a Frozen themed dessert party and parade / firework viewing area like they did for SWW.

*fingers crossed*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter