Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to rain on everyone's dance party/parade but with the Delta variant ripping through Florida and the mayor of Orange County sort of implying that the governor's mandates are the only thing keeping him from reimposing restrictions I don't think the slowness of recent news is an accident. I think Disney is pulling back on reopenings and it wouldn't surprise me if they are reconsidering some of the ones they announced last week (chiefly Monsters Inc.)
If Disney is concerned about the Delta variant, their first move should not be to pull back on reopenings. Rather than that, it should be to pull back on increasing attendance capacity. When I see that, I'll agree that they're concerned about the Delta variant.

Last edited:
We did food and wine today (that pavlova at Australia was SO good).
When did they switch to eco friendly plates? Not complaining, we were happy to see the change!

bummed that their reusable dining silverware/straw set is made from plastic and is 24 dollars. We opted not to get it and decided on a DIY version for our next park adventure. (Tho it might end up at the character warehouse. In which case I might be getting it!).

Hate to rain on everyone's dance party/parade but with the Delta variant ripping through Florida and the mayor of Orange County sort of implying that the governor's mandates are the only thing keeping him from reimposing restrictions I don't think the slowness of recent news is an accident. I think Disney is pulling back on reopenings and it wouldn't surprise me if they are reconsidering some of the ones they announced last week (chiefly Monsters Inc.)
I was thinking this.

I thought the same thing. I'm wondering how Disney is going to handle this since the toothpaste is out of the tube (no social distancing and no mask requirements other than on transportation).

I'm just glad I'm not going later this year. Hoping things can get under control by next year since I'm hoping to go in January or Feb.

OK So I saw during our Nov trip - D23 will have a meeting with Cheapek as opening speaker - My first reaction was Oh no, will they really wait till Nov to make an announcement on new FP... Also saw they would be having the Genie from the Broadway Alladin... Will this be when they announce the new Disney Genie App - will they really wait that long???

OK So I saw during our Nov trip - D23 will have a meeting with Cheapek as opening speaker - My first reaction was Oh no, will they really wait till Nov to make an announcement on new FP... Also saw they would be having the Genie from the Broadway Alladin... Will this be when they announce the new Disney Genie App - will they really wait that long???
I think they will make announcements about FP (and AP) sooner than that. I think what we’ll get out of the D23 thing is news about when in-construction attractions should be ready. And maybe some kind of surprise. But these are just my guesses, I have no real information 🤪

Hmmm...Maybe they'll wait to roll it out until 2022. It sound like some kind of announcement will be coming at D23 if they have the Genie there.

Hmmm...Maybe they'll wait to roll it out until 2022. It sound like some kind of announcement will be coming at D23 if they have the Genie there.

When I first read it I was like - no way will they wait that long - but news has been quiet and rarely are there coincidences,. I really hope to hear something before then. The've bred us to be such extreme planners but now expect us to be fine with not being able to plan. Other thing is Disney never had any issues with providing imperfect info - i.e. projected opening dates for new attractions, etc - so I don't think telling people a new platform for FP will be ready by December, to then have to say - nope it will be Feb is a problem for them. So it seems really strange to me that there is nothing being said at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter