• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am certain that if you have a ticket for that day that it is at a reduced price right? :rolleyes1

It really should be. I'm pretty lucky since I live locally, I go a few times per month and I just swapped my days around. But I can't imagine how infuriating it would be for a family if they booked this trip months ago only to find out like a week before that so many areas are closed. Add flights & hotels into the mix...I'd be pretty crushed.

It really should be. I'm pretty lucky since I live locally, I go a few times per month and I just swapped my days around. But I can't imagine how infuriating it would be for a family if they booked this trip months ago only to find out like a week before that so many areas are closed. Add flights & hotels into the mix...I'd be pretty crushed.
kind of ironic that Jungle Cruise itself will be closed

Same, we live locally and planned to go tomorrow to celebrate my husband's birthday... thankfully while most of our current tickets are park-hoppers, we have one "One-Park" ticket, so we'll likely just use that and stick with DCA but we were hoping to see the fireworks for the first time since they came back :/

And it really was only a one-day heads up for people like us going tomorrow... bad form

Anyone having issues with their MDE app? I just get that spinning circle anytime I try to do anything like book dining (would let me see the times but not book them).

So, I reinstalled the app and now it won't even let me sign-in. I just get the spinning circle when I click to sign-in :rolleyes2

We check in next week for a short staycation so I'm a tad concerned.

Planned my trip a couple months ago to go this weekend just for sat and like 2/3 of Sunday before I fly home. Found out about this earlier this week, though the premiere being at DLR was buried in a blog post from a bit ago.

Is it annoying, sure esp since I'd wanted to watch Mickey's mix magic by small world but it's only a few things and could have just as easily been stuff down for refurb. I really don't find it that big of a deal esp with what's being closed all day vs for a few hours.

Park Hours Extended at Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and EPCOT

Magic Kingdom
  • August 2-7: Park hours extended 8am to 10pm (previously 9am to 10pm)
  • August 13: Park hours extended 8am to 9pm (previously 9am to 9pm)
  • August 14: Park hours extended 8am to 6pm (previously 9am to 6pm)

EPCOT

• August 7, 14: Park hours extended 10am to 10pm (previously 11am to 10pm)
  • September 3-5, 10-12, 17-19, 24-26: Park hours extended 11am to 10pm (previously 11am to 9pm)
Disney’s Animal Kingdom

• August 7, 14: Park hours extended 8am to 8pm (previously 8am to 7pm)

Anyone having issues with their MDE app? I just get that spinning circle anytime I try to do anything like book dining (would let me see the times but not book them).

So, I reinstalled the app and now it won't even let me sign-in. I just get the spinning circle when I click to sign-in :rolleyes2

We check in next week for a short staycation so I'm a tad concerned.
Lots of websites are down or having issues since yesterday. The Disney family of websites is part of that.

This is so awesome, but also interesting that it's two random days! Do you think this means they'll do Tree of Life Awakening those nights??
They're both Saturday nights, so not so random in my point of view. If closing is late enough after dark, hopefully the Tree of Life Awakening will run, but I haven't looked up what time darkness will fall those two nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter