Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This kind of thing makes me livid, that they would shame a nursing mother!

I'm always surprised that this continues to happen. It's always some individual employee who has some personal issues with breast feeding and then the company comes in and aplogizes. Businesses should make their policy clear and any employee who does that, even once, should be fired on the spot. That garbage has to stop.

If
I'm always surprised that this continues to happen. It's always some individual employee who has some personal issues with breast feeding and then the company comes in and aplogizes. Businesses should make their policy clear and any employee who does that, even once, should be fired on the spot. That garbage has to stop.
If you have ever run a business with thousands of employees, you understand these things happen no matter how many times you emphasize the training/written rules/memo. It happens. Disney has the proper stance.

If

If you have ever run a business with thousands of employees, you understand these things happen no matter how many times you emphasize the training/written rules/memo. It happens. Disney has the proper stance.

I only say make the policy clear so that when it happens, there is no excuse and they are immediately fired. It takes a pretty horrid person to call out a nursing mother and there should be 0 tolerance of it.

I wonder if someone complained and the Cast Member took the path of least resistance and rather than explain the policy went over to the mother to appease the complainer. No excuse but perhaps the Cast Member took what he/she thought was the easy way out. Obviously a poor misguided decision regardless.

I wonder if someone complained and the Cast Member took the path of least resistance and rather than explain the policy went over to the mother to appease the complainer. No excuse but perhaps the Cast Member took what he/she thought was the easy way out. Obviously a poor misguided decision regardless.
Then still the security people should have known the rules. Breastfeeding in public is not a crime or anything in France.
I wonder if the complainer alerted a regular CM, as where the woman is sitting in Discoveryland is not a place where CMs pass often. The complainer had to go either into the Buzz Light year shop, or the CMs at the entrance of Buzz Lightyear. On the other hand, there is a door to backstage nearby. It could be that the security people were passing. It's quite a congested area at the moment as part of Discoveryland is closed due to refurbishments.

France has been a very traditional country when it comes to men and women. For anyone interested I would suggest to look into the #metoo movement in France, and everything that comes with it, it is getting more and more prominent there. So I am not surprised that incidents like this happen in France.
Two months ago there was another breastfeeding incident. A politician has proposed a law 3 weeks ago to fine people preventing women from breastfeeding with 1.500 EUR.

Port Orleans Reopening Date and
More Announced

• Disney’s All-Star Music Resort for arrivals beginning Sept. 16
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside for arrivals beginning Oct. 14
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter for arrivals beginning Oct. 28
  • Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort for arrivals beginning Dec. 9
We're staying at ASMo & will be checking out right before Sept. 16!!! This is perfect for us, no sharing busses between the resorts!

Don’t put ideas in my head 😆😆 I already added a Universal trip for this fall, I can’t add anything between that and my December trip

I dunno, I was thinking of doing a quick one, with one day a waterpark and Boo Bash, get to MK for Fireworks and another day with park-hopper to check out HarmonioUS. It's...tempting. I did a very similar itinerary for Villains After Hours in 2019 and it was great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter