Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

PHOTOS: Splash Mountain Queue Fencing Dismantled During Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Transformation at Magic Kingdom

Crews have begun dismantling the fencing of the Splash Mountain queue in Magic Kingdom as the ride is transformed into Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.

Horizontal fence posts have been removed, leaving just the vertical supports.

If you look closely, you’ll see some of the posts have blue marks on them, indicating they will also be removed.

We have also seen colored string wrapped around trees that will be removed, but none have been cut down yet.

From the Walt Disney World Railroad train, we saw where the old fence posts went — they’re currently stacked near the pile of dirt surrounded by temporary net fencing.

The pile of dirt is from the ground within the barn’s queue, which was dug up back in April.

tianas-bayou-adventure-queue-construction-8361.jpg

Guest Evacuation Platform Added to Disney Skyliner Between Disney’s Riviera Resort & EPCOT

A new evacuation platform has been added to the Disney Skyliner at the turn station between Disney’s Riviera Resort and EPCOT.

The evacuation platform is at the turn station in the parking lot for Disney’s BoardWalk.

The station has always been there, but now Disney has built the platform to facilitate evacuations in the event of an emergency.

evac-station-skyliner.jpg

To me, that looks like it could be a full station in the future. Is that possible? Would they maybe add a Skyliner stop at Boardwalk? I mean, it would be a longer walk for Boardwalk guests to walk to this station than just walking to Epcot, but maybe it could be one-way to head to Hollywood Studios or to visit Riveria, or for people from POP, AoA, CBR, or Riveria to visit Boardwalk area easily.

Ezra Bridger Legacy Lightsaber Arrives at Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities at Hollywood Studios

Ezra Bridger’s legacy lightsaber arrived earlier today at Dok-Ondar’s and we stopped by to take some photos!

This Lightsaber hilt is a detailed recreation of the one wielded by the Jedi Padawan, Ezra Bridger, and comes direct from Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Walt Disney World and Disneyland. Hilt comes in a lined display case with Jedi symbol on the front.

The lightsaber comes with a display endcap and an action endcap. The display endcap is shown in the photos immediately below and contains an opening too small for a lightsaber.

The action endcap contains an opening large enough to fit a lightsaber blade into. Ezra’s legacy lightsaber color is green.

shopDisney (pre-order): https://www.shopdisney.com/ezra-bri...hilt-star-wars-galaxys-edge-461064914366.html

ezra-legacy-lightsaber-3.jpg

Downtown Disney Announces Delicious New Experiences

We have several tasty new updates to share with you from the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort! This dynamic destination offers something for everyone and will continue to evolve with several exciting new additions. Take a look at what’s new and what’s coming!

Now Open! Jazz Kitchen Coastal Grill & Patio and Beignets Expressed

Jazz Kitchen Coastal Grill & Patio

For more than two decades, Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen has been revered for its warm hospitality, French Quarter flair, bold flavors, and famous, hot beignets! Building on this rich tradition, the iconic restaurant has evolved with a fresh new look, new name and new menu! The location is celebrating its reopening as Jazz Kitchen Coastal Grill & Patio, a modern, casual and fun celebration of the Gulf and Pacific coasts, and Beignets Expressed.

32fgerebt46323ret5323eq3a.jpg
Dish from Jazz Kitchen Coastal Grill & Patio

The restaurant’s all-day menu features long-time fan favorites alongside new selections such as Lobster & Crawfish Sliders, Chile-Spiced Honey Glazed Grilled Salmon, Gumbo LA-LA filled with succulent seafood, the Grilled Open Faced Lobster BLT Po-Boy and the Reef & Beef, a delectable entrée of grilled shrimp and braised short ribs. This contemporary menu pairs perfectly with a newly expanded wine list from California vintners, and seasonal, seaside-style cocktails.

Beignets Expressed
Beignets Expressed

And let’s not forget the famous beignets! Beignets Expressed is a fast, friendly, and fun counter-service spot, bestowing the much-loved New Orleans confection served classically (fried and topped with heaping mounds of powdered sugar) and the specialty glazed beignets, dipped, drizzled, and sprinkled in infinitely delicious flavors. Signature and seasonal glazed selections include Snickerdoodle, Fruity Crunch and Bananas Foster.

New! Clyde’s Hot Chicken

Clyde’s Hot Chicken

Have you had a chance to taste Clyde’s Hot Chicken yet? It’s a new cart located in the district near the Disneyland Monorail that serves scrumptious Nashville hot chicken on a stick, handmade fresh daily and available in three different heat level seasonings. If you really want to turn it up a notch, try the Hot as Cali with cayenne and habanero spices! Wowza!

Coming soon: The Alley!

The Alley

The courtyard next to Splitsville Luxury Lanes is being transformed into an exciting space — The Alley — with interactive games, live music, lounge areas and seats for dining. This summer, you can relax, play games and create memories in this fun new spot, and enjoy all the delicious food and beverage offerings from Splitsville.

Family at Downtown Disney

Shopping is always on the menu in the district! Disney Home and WonderGround Gallery have recently reopened with unique selections of Disney décor. Down the way, you can pop into Lovepop for the coolest 3D pop-up cards, and Pelé Soccer for the latest in soccer gear and apparel.

It’s an exciting time as Downtown Disney District continues to be reimagined with new dining, shopping and entertainment experiences, along with long-time favorites throughout the promenade. Future plans for the district also include the addition of Din Tai Fung, a world-renowned Chinese restaurant known for its soup dumplings and noodles, plus masterful Mexican cuisine by Michelin-starred Chef Carlos Gaytán at Paseo and Céntrico, and the oh-so-yummy California-Cuban cheese rolls and pastries from Porto’s Bakery and Cafe.

Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for all the latest updates on Downtown Disney District!

We have several tasty new updates to share with you from the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort! This dynamic destination offers something for everyone and will continue to evolve with several exciting new additions. Take a look at what’s new and what’s coming!

For more than two decades, Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen has been revered for its warm hospitality, French Quarter flair, bold flavors, and famous, hot beignets! Building on this rich tradition, the iconic restaurant has evolved with a fresh new look, new name and new menu! The location is celebrating its reopening as Jazz Kitchen Coastal Grill & Patio, a modern, casual and fun celebration of the Gulf and Pacific coasts, and Beignets Expressed.

The restaurant’s all-day menu features long-time fan favorites alongside new selections such as Lobster & Crawfish Sliders, Chile-Spiced Honey Glazed Grilled Salmon, Gumbo LA-LA filled with succulent seafood, the Grilled Open Faced Lobster BLT Po-Boy and the Reef & Beef, a delectable entrée of grilled shrimp and braised short ribs. This contemporary menu pairs perfectly with a newly expanded wine list from California vintners, and seasonal, seaside-style cocktails.

Beignets Expressed
Beignets Expressed

And let’s not forget the famous beignets! Beignets Expressed is a fast, friendly, and fun counter-service spot, bestowing the much-loved New Orleans confection served classically (fried and topped with heaping mounds of powdered sugar) and the specialty glazed beignets, dipped, drizzled, and sprinkled in infinitely delicious flavors. Signature and seasonal glazed selections include Snickerdoodle, Fruity Crunch and Bananas Foster.

New! Clyde’s Hot Chicken

Clyde’s Hot Chicken

Have you had a chance to taste Clyde’s Hot Chicken yet? It’s a new cart located in the district near the Disneyland Monorail that serves scrumptious Nashville hot chicken on a stick, handmade fresh daily and available in three different heat level seasonings. If you really want to turn it up a notch, try the Hot as Cali with cayenne and habanero spices! Wowza!

The Alley

The courtyard next to Splitsville Luxury Lanes is being transformed into an exciting space — The Alley — with interactive games, live music, lounge areas and seats for dining. This summer, you can relax, play games and create memories in this fun new spot, and enjoy all the delicious food and beverage offerings from Splitsville.

Shopping is always on the menu in the district! Disney Home and WonderGround Gallery have recently reopened with unique selections of Disney décor. Down the way, you can pop into Lovepop for the coolest 3D pop-up cards, and Pelé Soccer for the latest in soccer gear and apparel.

It’s an exciting time as Downtown Disney District continues to be reimagined with new dining, shopping and entertainment experiences, along with long-time favorites throughout the promenade. Future plans for the district also include the addition of Din Tai Fung, a world-renowned Chinese restaurant known for its soup dumplings and noodles, plus masterful Mexican cuisine by Michelin-starred Chef Carlos Gaytán at Paseo and Céntrico, and the oh-so-yummy California-Cuban cheese rolls and pastries from Porto’s Bakery and Cafe.

Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for all the latest updates on Downtown Disney District!
@ Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen

look-how-they-massacred-my-boy-meme.gif

A NEW Disney-Themed Airplane Is Here and We’re Having Major FOMO

Japan Airlines shared on Twitter the unveiling of their newly-themed aircraft for Tokyo Disney’s 40th Anniversary. The plane features Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy in a colorful graphic on its side.

Japan-Airlines-Tokyo-Disney-40th-anniversary-disney-plane-mickey-700x423.png

Japan Airlines is the official airline of Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Sea, and is taking part in Disney’s celebration that spans April 15th, 2023, to March 31st, 2024. On the “JAL Colorful Dreams Express,” this Disney-themed plane, guests are welcomed with specially designed, 40th Anniversary paper cups

Japan-Airlines-Tokyo-Disney-40th-anniversary-disney-plane-paper-cups-mickey-700x438.png

…and headrest covers featuring Mickey and Minnie Mouse.

Japan-Airlines-Tokyo-Disney-40th-anniversary-disney-plane-headrests-700x438.png

Travelers will also receive a Boarding Certificate Sticker to commemorate the occasion on request.

Japan-Airlines-Tokyo-Disney-40th-anniversary-disney-plane-stickers-700x546.png

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Celebrates 10 Years with Wilderness Explorers Program

“The wilderness must be explored … caw, caw, ROAR!” That’s the motto embraced by more than 23 million guests who’ve participated in the Wilderness Explorers program since its start in 2013 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park.

This fun and interactive program enables guests of all ages to be a hero in their own conservation story as they participate in a series of self-guided activities to learn about plants, animals and conservation.

Guests can earn more than 20 badges that range from helping save endangered species to recycling and protecting wildlife. Many of the messages weaved into the program align with Disney’s Planet Possible, inspiring guests to picture what’s possible when they take action to help the planet – at the parks and at home!

Are you ready to earn your first badge? Become an official Wilderness Explorer on your next trip to Disney’s Animal Kingdom! Simply look for the Wilderness Explorers banner as you enter the park, located between the Oasis and Discovery Island. And make sure to pick up your own handbook to help you follow in the footsteps of Russell, the junior Wilderness Explorer from Pixar’s 2009 endearing movie “Up.”

43it87yuhu6t7t87923gy6t7tr10-624x352.jpg

Splash Mountain Entrance Signage Removed at Disneyland

The sign signifying the entrance to Splash Mountain has finally been removed as the refurbishment into Tiana’s Bayou Adventure begins in full force.

A quick trip into Critter Country revealed the removal of the classic sign at the barn entrance, leaving only a dark patch where it used to hang behind.

The sign was made of redwood and carved by R.L. Blair in 1988. It featured the attraction logo on the bottom with Br’er Rabbit holding his bindle. Previous photos revealed tags indicating that the sign was sent to the Walt Disney Archives.

Splash-Mountain-Entrance-Sign-Removed-Disneyland1.jpg

Demolition Underway Outside Trail’s End Restaurant at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

Some small demolition work is underway outside the former Trail’s End Restaurant at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.

The former planter, stairs, and wheelchair ramp for Trail’s End are all covered under this construction.

Parts of the concrete have been dug up, and we see posts in place for a possible refresh of the accessible ramp.

The restaurant closed April 17 to become a marketplace-style quick service outlet, bringing an end to nearly half a century of sit-down dining at Pioneer Hall. An exact reopening date is not known other than “later this year.”

TrailsEndDemolitionFortWilderness060923_1.jpg

Beignets Expressed
Beignets Expressed

New! Clyde’s Hot Chicken

Clyde’s Hot Chicken

The Alley

@ Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen

View attachment 766577
This restaurant use to be so beautiful and unique inside. I hate the look of it so much now 😭 I’m sure the food is great, but why did they remove all of the character? I do think the outside looks clean & modern, but the inside…just no.

This restaurant use to be so beautiful and unique inside. I hate the look of it so much now 😭 I’m sure the food is great, but why did they remove all of the character? I do think the outside looks clean & modern, but the inside…just no.
I'm still in shock at how bad the retheme looks. I know a lot of people joke that Disney's retheming of resorts make them look like hospital cafeterias but this restaurant ACTUALLY looks like a hospital cafeteria.

That is helpful. I was wondering about that as I know there are some that are not allowed. I believe Allears.net is also used but a lot of times it's the same as DFB.
That's because DFB bought Allears a few years ago, I've found them to be in a clickbait spiral ever since. Allears' youtube channel has pretty much tanked since Molly left and started Mammoth club, their subscriber numbers are high but their video hits are really low. I tend to avoid both DFB and Allears now unless I'm specifically searching out information on a particular restaurant/ride/hotel/etc.

That's because DFB bought Allears a few years ago, I've found them to be in a clickbait spiral ever since. Allears' youtube channel has pretty much tanked since Molly left and started Mammoth club, their subscriber numbers are high but their video hits are really low. I tend to avoid both DFB and Allears now unless I'm specifically searching out information on a particular restaurant/ride/hotel/etc.
DFB used to be my favorite youtube channel, but not anymore sadly. I think it's the drive to make content every single day that does it. After a while there isn't enough content to talk about so it gets repetitive and click baity.

Agree with this 100% - so over the clickbait format. I blocked DFB completely and rarely look at allears anymore. Never ever look at their YouTube content either now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter