Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

We like Universal. But DD and DH can't do a lot at Universal. (DD also has a visual impairment that affects her ability to see 3D effects so between those and thrill rides, it leaves very little for her to do...last trip she made it a goal to see how many times she can do ET in a day, lol).
I have friends with similar issues. 3D movies are a no no.

Space Mountain is intense in that, "Are we sure this thing isn't going to fall apart?" kinda way! 😁
I think my ride last December was my last. I swear it felt like the car was lifting off the track at times and I’ve never felt truly in danger on a ride before that night on Space Mountain. I’m sure Disney has telemetry on everything and would know if the ride was unsafe but that was too much for me.

TRON is an interesting example of this idea. From the POV of "people who like roller coasters," it is decidedly average.

Another good example is Mission:Space. As originally designed, it overshot the mark, to the point where they neutered half of the ride---something that was necessary to improve ridership. My coaster-enthusiast daughter and I love Orange, but my wife is Green-only. Orange is about the only thing at WDW she won't do.

(None of us care much for Slinky either, but that's because it is boring and the line is always long.)

My wife also won't get anywhere near Velocicoaster, which might be the best coaster in Central FL. I say might because I haven't been on Iron Gwazi yet, and those RMC retrofits are usually fantastic. Those same coaster fans put Velocicoaster slightly ahead of IG, but both are in the top five.

"They're quicker than you realize, Claire."
I’m kind of fond of Slinky. I’ve been on it most visits. I’ll agree that it’s not worth standby but I only ride with LL.

Oh, but that doesn't matter. It's a ride - it doesn't have to keep a strict continuity. That said, it doesn't have to be Facilier, BUT it still needs something to give it a little bit of harrowing adventure, and a great villain is a way to do that. He's the perfect choice really.

I'll give them a chance to make something interesting, it's just that so far every update they have provided have been decidedly uninteresting. I think it's fair to be apprehensive.
Agree - Under The Sea has an Ursula section, and even Winnie the Pooh has the t-storm section.... both add a little "scary bite". I think "a bit of harrowing adventure" is a great way to phrase it. And yes, a great villain will do that. Unfortunately, I can't add too much, having never seen the Princess & The Frog. My older daughters watched it without me and I just never caught up. It's on my list. I did finally see Moana and Coco last year... So for "old school" me, the only thing that keeps standing out is... Splash Mountain is going to be about... cooking or the business of owning a restaurant? Uhhh... okay.

It's the next CM strike day in Disneyland Paris. DLP has some flexible conditions if guests do not want to visit today.
They are on strike for better pay and better working conditions. As far as I can tell, the French fans support the strikes.

The sign with the Mickey on it says 'Despite Mickey's big ears, you are not listening'.

It's striking to me to see a strike within the theme park! I hope they are heard and the CMs and the company come to an agreeable resolution soon

Slinky needs to be ridden at night, it's a completely different experience. I don't even ride it during the day anymore unless there is a short wait.
Can’t argue that. With stacking of LLs and how quickly Slinky availability Goes I usually do end up rid at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!