Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

It will be what it is. People have been dealing with that fact at other parks for years. In the end it some ride. Many people can’t ride at least one ride for all various reasons, not the end of the world.
In this case, it's not even that folks who don't fit in the light cycles can't ride; it's that there may be a wait for the vehicle they can ride in.

For safety reasons they probably couldn't. IMO the worst part is Disney having to refund a lot of guests who buy LL and can't ride.
Or who could ride but had to wait in a substantial queue for the accessibility seat
Is it not possible to just add a couple more of the bigger cars at the end of the train?
There is probably reason as to why they didn’t

I feel sorry for the cast members who will have to deal with all of the irate guests who won't be able to safely ride in the regular seats and won't want to wait for the other seats, especially if they paid for a LL.

It seems like only a matter of time until a guest is sent out without being properly restrained because they threw such a massive fit, and being injured as a result.

I feel sorry for the cast members who will have to deal with all of the irate guests who won't be able to safely ride in the regular seats and won't want to wait for the other seats, especially if they paid for a LL.

It seems like only a matter of time until a guest is sent out without being properly restrained because they threw such a massive fit, and being injured as a result.

They won't be able to these rides have features that the ride won't operate if harnesses aren't clicked into a certain point. I sat on a coaster at Universal for probably close to 5 mins while two workers were trying to get someone's harness to click in place since the person was borderline to large to ride.

New Storyline Details Revealed for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure
At a young age, Tiana developed a deep passion for cooking, and began to dream of one day owning her own business. Her father, James, taught her that good food brings folks together. One of the most exciting parts of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure is that we’re going to see where Tiana’s life has taken her following the success of Tiana’s Palace, a restaurant she had dreamed of owning and worked so hard to make come true.

Walt Disney Imagineering is creating an original, next chapter story for Tiana. Within the attraction queue, guests will discover that she continues to grow her business with Tiana’s Foods – an employee-owned cooperative. Combining her talents with those of the local community, Tiana has transformed an aging salt mine and built a beloved brand.

Tiana family photo in front of new Tiana's Foods water tower's Foods water tower

The endeavor began when Tiana purchased the salt mine and the area surrounding the large salt dome it operated from. With the help of her mother Eudora, Naveen, Louis and fellow owners of the cooperative, Tiana revived the old salt mine and the surrounding land, growing a wide array of vegetables, herbs and spices for her recipes.

This multi-faceted enterprise has turned the aging salt mine into a space that has come alive. Complete with a boutique farm and both a working and teaching kitchen, Tiana’s Foods is where Tiana and her colleagues create all sorts of new products that they are bringing to the world, including a line of original hot sauces.

Tiana's Foods Original Hot Sauce Label Logo's Foods Original Hot Sauce Label Logo

Tiana wants to give a big thanks to her family and friends and the entire community for all the support they’ve given her by throwing an amazing party during Mardi Gras season. When it turns out there’s been a bit of a mix–up with the party preparations, Tiana invites us to meet her at Tiana’s Foods to help with the missing ingredient for the party.

When we arrive, we may see that Tiana spruced up the company’s facilities with vibrant art from local artists. Food for the party is being prepared and beignets are being loaded into crates for the celebration. All kinds of preparations are underway for the journey into the bayou with Tiana, along with new and familiar friends from the animated film.

Picking up where that story left off, Tiana continues bringing people together with Tiana’s Foods, another treasured meeting place to spend time together and celebrate a diverse community. Tiana is also working with cooperative members to teach gardening and cooking to children of all ages, and inspiring other women to run successful businesses as the brand grows nationwide.

Continue following along with the Disney Parks Blog for updates relating to Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, as it makes its way to Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort in 2024.
Hoping to be pleasantly surprised and will definitely give the new ride a try. While Disney takes story telling to the top, most people do not ride an attraction purely for the story as most amusement parks (I know, they’re different) have zero story lines.

I also feel they will somehow work in the amazing music that we love about the movie!

One more thing in my wish list, I’m also hoping between this story and the Blog Mickey article that Beignets will be brought to the MK!!!

I am a big guy...tall and often overweight. .and have both gained and lost 100 lbs...lot of the gain was during the heart of the pandemic..and then the shedding after. I struggled getting into flight of passage...its the thigh and butt area that feels like getting stuffed into sausage casing..it ultimately always worked but I had to hold my breath haha...it was a wee embarrassing since I knew everyone else was waiting for me...point is we all need to he realistic about our potential limitations. It's the flight seatbelt test...if you are flying down and need the extender...then you might want to be mindful that some of these rides might not work for you. I won't even dare that goofy coaster in the MK lol.
I have about 5 months until my next trip...goal is to drop 50 more to avoid these decisions. I want to ride Tron and not have to use the car for those who might need it. So in a way disney is a motivator...of course the world showcase will probably bring all those lbs back...

......huh. Not saying the controversy isn't real but that's the first I'm hearing of that. It's still a bummer since Friends on the Other Side could've been awesome for the last drop.

I hope the retheme is good but I do have my worries. The fact that Disney showed their plans for the retheme to OLC (owners of Tokyo Disney) so they could retheme their Splash too and OLC said no says something IMO.

It does sound a little...odd. I mean, will there be no adventure, no Facilier and bad guys from The Other Side? That seems perfect fo the Laughing Place and then lift hill part, then the last second escape of the drop. If Facilier IS indeed problematic, then what does that say about the movie? Is it even the right theme for this project at all?

OLC always knows what they're doing. Knowing them, Disney showed the retheme, and they said that it wouldn't cost enough and declined in favor of a more expensive project!

It does sound a little...odd. I mean, will there be no adventure, no Facilier and bad guys from The Other Side? That seems perfect fo the Laughing Place and then lift hill part, then the last second escape of the drop. If Facilier IS indeed problematic, then what does that say about the movie? Is it even the right theme for this project at all?

OLC always knows what they're doing. Knowing them, Disney showed the retheme, and they said that it wouldn't cost enough and declined in favor of a more expensive project!
Also Princess and the Frog is not a super popular movie in Japan whereas the Brair characters are very popular.

Agree with everything you said though. Seems odd but I'll hold full judgement until it opens.

I would guess that seems less likely after what happened at Icon Park. I won't get into it here if you don't know, but I doubt anyone (let alone Disney) would be willing to risk something like that again. An angry guest is preferable to a dead one any day.

New Storyline Details Revealed for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure
At a young age, Tiana developed a deep passion for cooking, and began to dream of one day owning her own business. Her father, James, taught her that good food brings folks together. One of the most exciting parts of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure is that we’re going to see where Tiana’s life has taken her following the success of Tiana’s Palace, a restaurant she had dreamed of owning and worked so hard to make come true.

Walt Disney Imagineering is creating an original, next chapter story for Tiana. Within the attraction queue, guests will discover that she continues to grow her business with Tiana’s Foods – an employee-owned cooperative. Combining her talents with those of the local community, Tiana has transformed an aging salt mine and built a beloved brand.

Tiana family photo in front of new Tiana's Foods water tower's Foods water tower

The endeavor began when Tiana purchased the salt mine and the area surrounding the large salt dome it operated from. With the help of her mother Eudora, Naveen, Louis and fellow owners of the cooperative, Tiana revived the old salt mine and the surrounding land, growing a wide array of vegetables, herbs and spices for her recipes.

This multi-faceted enterprise has turned the aging salt mine into a space that has come alive. Complete with a boutique farm and both a working and teaching kitchen, Tiana’s Foods is where Tiana and her colleagues create all sorts of new products that they are bringing to the world, including a line of original hot sauces.

Tiana's Foods Original Hot Sauce Label Logo's Foods Original Hot Sauce Label Logo

Tiana wants to give a big thanks to her family and friends and the entire community for all the support they’ve given her by throwing an amazing party during Mardi Gras season. When it turns out there’s been a bit of a mix–up with the party preparations, Tiana invites us to meet her at Tiana’s Foods to help with the missing ingredient for the party.

When we arrive, we may see that Tiana spruced up the company’s facilities with vibrant art from local artists. Food for the party is being prepared and beignets are being loaded into crates for the celebration. All kinds of preparations are underway for the journey into the bayou with Tiana, along with new and familiar friends from the animated film.

Picking up where that story left off, Tiana continues bringing people together with Tiana’s Foods, another treasured meeting place to spend time together and celebrate a diverse community. Tiana is also working with cooperative members to teach gardening and cooking to children of all ages, and inspiring other women to run successful businesses as the brand grows nationwide.

Continue following along with the Disney Parks Blog for updates relating to Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, as it makes its way to Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort in 2024.
I think we need to wait for the attraction to open to fully get the whole story. This is just the queue and the set up of the story: You are going into the bayou's salt mine to get an ingredient for the Mardi Gras party. We don't know what happens on our journey, but I doubt it'll just be vegetable patches like some people are making out that it'll be :D

Re Tron and Pooh-sized riders: DH and I agreed this past week that the restraints on FoP have been loosened up a bit to allow more people to ride. He's gained a fair amount of weight since we first rode in 2017, and he fit last week without any problem, whereas in the past the CM has had to push extra hard on the back restraint to get it to click in the required position. So maybe Disney will be able to adjust the fit on Tron based on experience gained through CM and other previews.

Re Tron and Pooh-sized riders: DH and I agreed this past week that the restraints on FoP have been loosened up a bit to allow more people to ride. He's gained a fair amount of weight since we first rode in 2017, and he fit last week without any problem, whereas in the past the CM has had to push extra hard on the back restraint to get it to click in the required position. So maybe Disney will be able to adjust the fit on Tron based on experience gained through CM and other previews.
I doubt that will happen. The restraints are set by the manufacturer who is Vekoma. Most times the cars are set the way they are for safety reasons. Your best bet would be for them to add regular cars on every train.

Outside of Disney, guests not fitting on rides is common on a lot of coasters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter