Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

HK and TDL are the only two I haven't been to yet. Going to have to put them on the list, but I'm in wait-and-see mode for a bit yet regarding how HK's "we don't talk about Covid-Zero" policy unfolds in practice.

In the meantime, we have a search running over at Interval for the Marriott next to DLRP for May '24. I figure it's probably 50/50 or so that it comes through.

It is amazing! I already have a quasi trip planned for Tokyo Disneyland and Sea so need to figure the logistics for stopping here as well.

So jealous! Enjoy! TDL is the best Disney resort hands down. I want to go next year with my sister but haven't planned anything yet.

Tokyo Dinsey is a life-chanigng experience for Disney fans. Seriously, it's that good. Smug and I have both basked in it's greatness. When you go, you will acheive true Disney enlightenment.

Last edited:
HK and TDL are the only two I haven't been to yet. Going to have to put them on the list, but I'm in wait-and-see mode for a bit yet regarding how HK's "we don't talk about Covid-Zero" policy unfolds in practice.

In the meantime, we have a search running over at Interval for the Marriott next to DLRP for May '24. I figure it's probably 50/50 or so that it comes through.

Yeah, that is one thing that makes me hesitant to go to HK or Shanghai. I don't want to get into it all, but, yeah, it gives me pause.

I'm thinking the same thing about China, FWIW. I think my return is possible in the near term (within the next year or two), but am in wait-and-see mode there too. I'm the only one in my family who has been to China (I used to travel more or less annually for work), and would like to do a 2-week swing through China, HK, and Japan. I had a 10-year Chinese tourist visa that still had maybe five years on it give or take, but all the pre-Covid visas were invalidated so I'd have to start over. No hurry, I guess.

Tokyo Dinsey is a life-chanigng experience for Disney fans. Seriously, it's that good. Smug and I have both basked in it's greatness. When you go, you will acheive true Disney enlightenment.
So true! My sister still isn't over me going without her LOL We're really waiting for Fantasy Springs to announce an opening day before booking anything. The Donkey Kong expansion opening date in USJ would be a nice bonus too.

They won't. Likely they'll continue to use the screen faces on Tiana as well. (I hope this is really a 0% chance happening...)
Am I the only one who doesn’t hate the screen faces?

Obviously an issue when they’re not functioning properly, but when they are working - I thought they were totally fine!

Obviously an issue when they’re not functioning properly, but when they are working - I thought they were totally fine!

I don't hate them either - I thought they looked good in the implementation of the very animated style characters. That said, the newer ones coming to Tokyo and Hong Kong are an improvement, so I'll take them. I don't hate what we got though.

You had to look at them a certain way in order for them to look close to 'normal'. Otherwise it's just off putting seeing a bright screen that doesn't match the animatronic body color. Like a mask instead of face.

Would clearly not do well with Tiana....

DH and I are planning our first visit to Japan, with 3 days at TDLR, for Fall of 2024. I figured they'll have the expansions open by then. It will be our first trip!

You will love it! It may even ruin you for lesser parks. I said when I got back, that "Tokyo Disney makes WDW look like a parking lot carnival!" That's a bit of an exaggeration of course - but only a little bit. 😉

You will love it! It may even ruin you for lesser parks. I said when I got back, that "Tokyo Disney makes WDW look like a parking lot carnival!" That's a bit of an exaggeration of course - but only a little bit. 😉
Oh man. Maybe I should have visited TDLR before purchasing our various DVC contracts, then 😂

In particular, I'm looking forward to cordial guests as I hear Japanese folks are super respectful. Like, sitting if you're in the front of the parade route, etc.

Oh man. Maybe I should have visited TDLR before purchasing our various DVC contracts, then 😂

In particular, I'm looking forward to cordial guests as I hear Japanese folks are super respectful. Like, sitting if you're in the front of the parade route, etc.

They are fantastic - super friendly and helpful too. They do tend to sit for shows and parades, but they don't sit on the ground. They bring mats to use or in a pinch use a park map. No shoes on the mats either. We had sat rfor Fantasmic! and my sister went to find some snacks for us. It filled in behind us something crazy - like thousands of people. I kept looking back for her, worried that she wouldn't make it. The lady next to me could tell I was concerned and she said, "It's no problem." to me, to reassure me that people would let her pass. She ended up bringing some semi-sweet chocolate churro thing (not really a churro, but kinda). Do be aware that desert items over there tend to not be too sweet - still they have some good stuff!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter