Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

It was hot enough for me to switch my future trip to November xD

But I'm also not a hot weather creature. Kudos to those wearing costumes to MNSSHP in 100F Orlando weather.

I did one once with full face paint. It was mostly black too - oh man! By the end of the night I was jsut riding Spalsh to stay cool and was no longer worried about my face paint.

Yeah, I went in April, so it was rather pleasant. I know it can get warm in Tokyo, but it's still not like Florida!

It was hot enough for me to switch my future trip to November xD

But I'm also not a hot weather creature. Kudos to those wearing costumes to MNSSHP in 100F Orlando weather.
Did that last year for the first party. Family was sweating through the costumes within an hour of getting to the park and into secondary outfits not too long after the party officially started

Wow, those pictures... the fans there really bring their A game! It's like being at a D23 Expo. I particularly like the partners statue costume.
I was in Disneyland Tokyo in 2017. The guests were an attraction on its own. I have 2 pages in my scrapbook dedicated to the costumes of the guests. It really is about see and be seen. Also saw the partner statue-costume, definitely a highlight :D

Looked it up, this is Disney Sea Tokyo 2017. They go around the Lagoon to take pictures of themselves. Details go far, like Ursula having the scroll & pen with her, Clopin with his little puppet, Megara with a little Pegasus.

View attachment 787216

View attachment 787218
Yeah, absolutely none of these would be allowed in a US Disney Park. Some of these look better than official Disney costumes.

I wish they'd consider doing this over here with some of the rare characters!
I keep pitching if they don't want to have a full meet return to the second town square location at MK they should make it an AP meet similar to the Disney Visa meets where it's only open limited hours it could also be a good training ground for new friends much like the epcot pop ups

Looked it up, this is Disney Sea Tokyo 2017. They go around the Lagoon to take pictures of themselves. Details go far, like Ursula having the scroll & pen with her, Clopin with his little puppet, Megara with a little Pegasus.

View attachment 787216

View attachment 787218
These are excellent, thanks for sharing! It's also nice to see the fandom is strong both across the Atlantic and Pacific 😁

Disneyland Paris announces Annual Passholder Party with a Villains theme.

Fingers crossed, we can see they have kept the previous improvement of working with wristbands and no character meet & greets and just shows (seriously, these were so chaotisch, best to have no characters than loads of disappointed guest).

There will be another treasure hunt, and the big question is, have they learned? Last AP party they had the big treasure hunt only in French... this did not sit well with all the non-French speaking AP holders. It is custom for DLP to ignore the non-French on evenings like this. But who knows, maybe they will surprise us!

Last AP party it took me 2 hours and a lot of stress to get tickets, maybe this time it will be better ;)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php/?story_fbid=1470492157060667&id=332105830899311

Disneyland Paris announces Annual Passholder Party with a Villains theme.

Fingers crossed, we can see they have kept the previous improvement of working with wristbands and no character meet & greets and just shows (seriously, these were so chaotisch, best to have no characters than loads of disappointed guest).

There will be another treasure hunt, and the big question is, have they learned? Last AP party they had the big treasure hunt only in French... this did not sit well with all the non-French speaking AP holders. It is custom for DLP to ignore the non-French on evenings like this. But who knows, maybe they will surprise us!

Last AP party it took me 2 hours and a lot of stress to get tickets, maybe this time it will be better ;)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php/?story_fbid=1470492157060667&id=332105830899311
One thing they could do instead of character M&Gs is something like the cavalcades they were doing at WDW during the pandemic. Or sometimes characters would just appear in the rooftops or odd places like that.

This year is my first as an AP, any predictions on when/if there will be AP previews?
I would hope that maybe something will be released in the next 2 weeks for any AP/DVC previews.

My guess is they may overlap with the previously announced CM previews and possibly extend the AP/DVC preview to the end of September.

🤷🏻‍♂️

One thing they could do instead of character M&Gs is something like the cavalcades they were doing at WDW during the pandemic. Or sometimes characters would just appear in the rooftops or odd places like that.
We never really had Cavalcades. We only have several princess carriages, used for parades or other events. In Paris there are no small floats, only big ones for the parade.

Rooftop characters would be possible, but I think most of the villain character performers are needed for the shows. During the last AP party we had 4 different shows on one evening.

But maybe, yes, rooftop pop ups can be a surprise they could realize.

What about have them being up on stages interacting like the OBB treat trails (speaking of OBB I can’t wait for the character announcement and getting the fomo from being so close yet not going)
I would hope that maybe something will be released in the next 2 weeks for any AP/DVC previews.

My guess is they may overlap with the previously announced CM previews and possibly extend the AP/DVC preview to the end of September.

🤷🏻‍♂️
My luck AP will be last week of September when I’m cheating on WDW with the motherland that is Walt’s park

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter