Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

do you mean at theatres? If so, which chain?
Also Alamo Drafthouse. However, I suspect it might not be valid for first runs, and definitely not special showings/parties or Master Pancake Theater.

Disneyland Paris AP character M&G sold out within 12 hours.

One of the new and good things coming out of the new AP programme for Disneyland Paris is a special M&G with a rare character.

A few days ago this video was published, teasing us (my guess it is Tinkerbell, who is not in Paris and would be considered rare here). Yesterday the event went on sale.

It was sold out within 12 hours.
The event is 6 hours a day, for 24 days, if a character can meet 20 groups per hour, that is less than 3,000 groups in the entire 3 weeks. And at the moment we have a lot of AP holders who love characters... so no surprise. ;)

One of the new and good things coming out of the new AP programme for Disneyland Paris is a special M&G with a rare character.

A few days ago this video was published, teasing us (my guess it is Tinkerbell, who is not in Paris and would be considered rare here). Yesterday the event went on sale.

The event is 6 hours a day, for 24 days, if a character can meet 20 groups per hour, that is less than 3,000 groups in the entire 3 weeks. And at the moment we have a lot of AP holders who love characters... so no surprise. ;)

Well, glad to see the character love is alive and well @ DLP
Hopefully they keep adding more of these

This is great! However, it makes me a little worried that they might think of taking these off the service at some point.
This is exactly where my mind went. I bet the new $13.99 Disney+ subscription purges titles to save on royalties and Disney will expect people to buy physical or digital copies "for a limited time." Please don't bring the vault back after we got rid of Chapek!

Well, glad to see the character love is alive and well @ DLP
Hopefully they keep adding more of these
Oh yeah, you should have been at the AP character event in 2019. They had promoted it as if you could meet 100 characters in 1 evening. Rare characters were swamped and lines were over 2 hours long.

do you mean at theatres? If so, which chain?
As far as I know it's all the big chains just like last year. Last year was the first year they did it and it was only $3 for a movie. So inflation is hitting it hard this year. haha

Costume Changing Rooms Returning, No Longer Free During ‘Disney Halloween’ at Tokyo Disney Resort

Tokyo Disney Resort will once again have costume changing rooms during “Disney Halloween” this year, but the offering is no longer free.

The changing rooms will be available beginning on Thursday, September 14, through October 31.

In order to make a reservation, guests must have a park ticket for Tokyo Disneyland or Tokyo DisneySea for the same day. Park tickets will be checked at the changing rooms.

Guests can book blocks of 30 minutes or 60 minutes, but they will actually need to be done within 25 minutes or 55 minutes, leaving Cast Members 5 minutes to clean the room.

After booking, you cannot change the time and date. You would need to make a new reservation and cancel the old one. You can cancel and get a refund up to 24 hours before the reservation time.

Here is the list of pricing:

• Men’s or women’s room with outlet: 30 minutes for 600 yen
  • Men’s or women’s room with no outlet: 30 minutes for 500 yen
  • All-gender room with no outlet: 30 minutes for 500 yen
The changing rooms will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. each day, with the final entry at 9:30 a.m.

Costume Changing Rooms Returning, No Longer Free During ‘Disney Halloween’ at Tokyo Disney Resort

Tokyo Disney Resort will once again have costume changing rooms during “Disney Halloween” this year, but the offering is no longer free.

The changing rooms will be available beginning on Thursday, September 14, through October 31.

In order to make a reservation, guests must have a park ticket for Tokyo Disneyland or Tokyo DisneySea for the same day. Park tickets will be checked at the changing rooms.

Guests can book blocks of 30 minutes or 60 minutes, but they will actually need to be done within 25 minutes or 55 minutes, leaving Cast Members 5 minutes to clean the room.

After booking, you cannot change the time and date. You would need to make a new reservation and cancel the old one. You can cancel and get a refund up to 24 hours before the reservation time.

The changing rooms will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. each day, with the final entry at 9:30 a.m.

You know, the way folks dress it up in Tokyo on regular days is pretty amazing - I can't even imagine what Halloween is like! They are some serious, next-level costumers over there. I know the Hilton had a "Costume Boutique" which isn't really like costumes, but like Disneybounding to the extreme. Many of the young ladies do it, and they look incredible.

Wow, those pictures... the fans there really bring their A game! It's like being at a D23 Expo. I particularly like the partners statue costume.

You know, the way folks dress it up in Tokyo on regular days is pretty amazing - I can't even imagine what Halloween is like! They are some serious, next-level costumers over there. I know the Hilton had a "Costume Boutique" which isn't really like costumes, but like Disneybounding to the extreme. Many of the young ladies do it, and they look incredible.
Yeah, I saw some pretty amazing Disneybounding when I went on a random weekday in the summer. Some of them I felt would be borderline not allowed in the US parks.

Yeah, I saw some pretty amazing Disneybounding when I went on a random weekday in the summer. Some of them I felt would be borderline not allowed in the US parks.

On one of my first couple of trips to WDW (when I was just getting into it as an adult), there were a couple of Japanese girls done up in that style with an Alice in Wonderland theme. They looked incredible! It was funny because they were actually at Earl of Sandwich. The place was busy and tables were scarce. My buddy and I sat at this table with two chairs, but two of our chairs had been borrowed by another larger group. No problem, we didn't need them. When that party left, the two girls immediately took those chairs and returned them to our table since the other party didn't bother. They felt a responsibility to do so, which is not surprising to me now after having been to Japan. Anyway, they didn't speak English at all, but I did tell them they looked amazing. I am not sure they understood, but they just kind of politely nodded and went on their way.

I wish they'd consider doing this over here with some of the rare characters!

On one of my first couple of trips to WDW (when I was just getting into it as an adult), there were a couple of Japanese girls done up in that style with an Alice in Wonderland theme. They looked incredible! It was funny because they were actually at Earl of Sandwich. The place was busy and tables were scarce. My buddy and I sat at this table with two chairs, but two of our chairs had been borrowed by another larger group. No problem, we didn't need them. When that party left, the two girls immediately took those chairs and returned them to our table since the other party didn't bother. They felt a responsibility to do so, which is not surprising to me now after having been to Japan. Anyway, they didn't speak English at all, but I did tell them they looked amazing. I am not sure they understood, but they just kind of politely nodded and went on their way.
Haha, I tried telling people their outfits were cool but I'm not sure they understood me due to the language barrier. I don't do the Disneybounding thing but I appreciate the effort put into making those outfits.

About 10 or more years ago I remember seeing a group of girls in Inuyasha outfits at Epcot - like these were blatantly costumes. I can't imagine sweating to death in cosplay costumes in Orlando 😅

Haha, I tried telling people their outfits were cool but I'm not sure they understood me due to the language barrier. I don't do the Disneybounding thing but I appreciate the effort put into making those outfits.

About 10 or more years ago I remember seeing a group of girls in Inuyasha outfits at Epcot - like these were blatantly costumes. I can't imagine sweating to death in cosplay costumes in Orlando 😅

Yeah, that's another thing. The weather in Tokyo is quite a bit less oppressive. Even the dresses and bounding stuff they wear must get hot!

Yeah, that's another thing. The weather in Tokyo is quite a bit less oppressive. Even the dresses and bounding stuff they wear must get hot!
It was hot enough for me to switch my future trip to November xD

But I'm also not a hot weather creature. Kudos to those wearing costumes to MNSSHP in 100F Orlando weather.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter