Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

I'm going to DLP next month (1st time). I've been following the DLP forum for quite awhile and the local perception (mostly English with some others scattered around Europe) is the sit down restaurants are mediocre, especially compared to WDW restaurants. They prefer the quick/counter service places.

I'll let you know in 31 more days. :)

j
Generally true. We did enjoy Walt's in the park though.

Seems likely something is different on the Wish since it's debuting there first. The others may need a minor retrofit to make the bands work. It can't be very major since none of they are going in for refurbishment.
Indeed, the debut of the Disney Wish does suggest that there could be unique features or adaptations in place for the new MagicBands. While the other ships might require minor retrofits to accommodate the bands, it's reassuring that they aren't scheduled for refurbishment. This implies that any necessary adjustments should be manageable and not disrupt the overall guest experience. Disney's attention to detail is remarkable, so they're likely to ensure a smooth transition for all their ships. Exciting times ahead for Disney cruise enthusiasts!

Good Morning.

t5oti.jpg

Tell the guards to open up the gate…THE GATE 🎶 #WorldofFrozen at Hong Kong Disneyland opens in November 2023!!! For the first time in forever, guests will be invited from near and far to take part in a Summer Snow Day at the kingdom of Arendelle.

IMG_0871.jpeg

It will be home to multiple attractions, including the first Frozen-themed coaster, Wandering Oaken’s Sliding Sleighs, the Frozen Ever After boat ride and a character experience at the Playhouse in the Woods. Plus a restaurant, merchandise outlets and many other things to do!

Disney Parks Twitter

This is the consensus with the DLP regulars on that forum. The park restaurants don't try to compete. Good news is we get 2 days in Paris during our tour before we arrive at DLP.
When we went, we rented an apartment in the 3rd Arr. for a week, and spent all of that time in Paris proper. We went from there to "fake Paris" (DLRP) for four nights before coming back home. If anything, we would have taken one more day in the city and one less day at DLRP.

V.I.PASSHOLDER Days coming to Walt Disney World in June

Along with a new Passholder magnet, there will also be increased discount on merchandise and dining, new passholder exclusive treats for purchase, and two new limited-time photo ops.

Finally, Passholders will have a limited-time, exclusive space to rest and cool off with dedicated seating.

Disney has said more details will be coming soon.

IMG_0873.jpeg

Along with a new Passholder magnet, there will also be increased discount on merchandise and dining, new passholder exclusive treats for purchase, and two new limited-time photo ops.

Finally, Passholders will have a limited-time, exclusive space to rest and cool off with dedicated seating.

View attachment 760858

Hopefully the magnet is for all of June we go in the middle.

View attachment 760858
I wish they would just mail the AP magnets.... I go a couple times a year, but entirely missed the Dumbo one as they ran out before I got there. I Love Dumbo!!

View attachment 760858
Hoping they start doing these regularly, as if you're an out of state AP holder you can't just run over to the park whenever you want!

I wish they would just mail the AP magnets.... I go a couple times a year, but entirely missed the Dumbo one as they ran out before I got there. I Love Dumbo!!

I actually told them it would be nice of them to just mail the AP magnets to everyone when they sent me an AP survey earlier this year, as there are a lot of us who are out of state passholders.

Hoping they start doing these regularly, as if you're an out of state AP holder you can't just run over to the park whenever you want!
I remember early on in my passholder days (late 90s/early 00s) they had a lounge in Epcot behind garden grill with couches, free sodas and occasionally the characters from the restaurant would come through
It may of just been a perk during millennium celebration

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter