Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Yes. I have not been but DS has and he was beyond disappointed with it. But raved about the DL park. He was going back last summer but opted to wait until Studios was complete. But as they come to righting the wrong there ~ I could totally see a huge investment potentially a third park. There is the land for it, they pull from a wide area even US since cost not much different. Disney now fully owns it. It really could be a top park destination worldwide.
They are actually contractually obliged to build a 3rd park at some point, but the time limit keeps being extended by the French government now that the resort is doing well. The Walt Disney Studios park was also a contractual obligation which is why it was done on the cheap

They are actually contractually obliged to build a 3rd park at some point, but the time limit keeps being extended by the French government now that the resort is doing well. The Walt Disney Studios park was also a contractual obligation which is why it was done on the cheap
More basis for a possibility that some of this future investment in "parks" will be there.

Also Disney Cruise Line falls under Parks & Entertainment, so when they talk investments in that division it very well could be ships.

Yes. I have not been but DS has and he was beyond disappointed with it. But raved about the DL park. He was going back last summer but opted to wait until Studios was complete. But as they come to righting the wrong there ~ I could totally see a huge investment potentially a third park.
I'll be at DLP in 34 days! First visit and I'll let you know my impressions. I'm already prepared for it to be much more like DL- California. From the DLP forums and Fb groups I've been on for the last few years, it definitely is a different clientele and focus. The parades and meet/greets are huge and the restaurants a disappointment. I'm just excited to have another Disney trip this year and check the box for another park.

j

I went to the park years ago and thought it was terrible. It's hands down, no exaggeration the worst Disney park in the world. I have no desire to go back, even with the new Avengers Campus. DLP was very nice though the food was awful.
I went in 2017 and yeah. Love DLP, Studios had about 3 worthwhile attractions (Remy, Crush, Mickey and the Magician), but the food situation there is just weird. The TS restaurants all closed by like 5pm. It's nothing like eating in actual Paris.

I went in 2017 and yeah. Love DLP, Studios had about 3 worthwhile attractions (Remy, Crush, Mickey and the Magician), but the food situation there is just weird. The TS restaurants all closed by like 5pm. It's nothing like eating in actual Paris.
I only ate quick service there and the burger I had was so bad I wished I was eating Cosmic Ray's instead.

I only ate quick service there and the burger I had was so bad I wished I was eating Cosmic Ray's instead.
We did the Aladdin buffet restaurant, which was actually pretty good. I had my 30th birthday lunch at the Auberge de Cendrillon (partly because it was easy to pre-book when I was booking our package, while other dining needed to be reserved over the phone). It was ok, I barely remember what we ate. We went to Planet Hollywood once because we wanted a few cocktails and familiar food.
The weirdest part of the TS restaurants was how early they closed. Nothing in the parks was even open at a normal dinner time.

Ugly. It's completely destroying the theme of the Polynesian.
Seeing as how it is bare reinforced concrete, sure. Let's wait and see what it looks like when it is done.

I don't remember the food at DLP being terrible, but (a) I was not expecting parisian dining and (b) it's been a decade or so since I was last there. I do remember Casey's being "wrong".

I know our Governor (Colorado) made an open offer back when all the stuff with DeSantis started. Please, if there is a new park, let it be in CO. Plenty of land and beautiful weather. We are already a travel destination and located centrally to the US. Win, win, win.
Beautiful weather? I mean it's sunny, but way too windy and it could snow in Sept. or May. I lived in Colorado Springs for over a decade and my sisters/mom still live there so we go back frequently. It's fine and the sun is great, but not nice enough for an outdoor resort. Can you imagine trying to swim there any time but summer? Too cold for me.

Good Morning!

f931cc31367fdd5ac7d5f6bb3c9f94fa42f2280e_00.jpg

Beautiful weather? I mean it's sunny, but way too windy and it could snow in Sept. or May. I lived in Colorado Springs for over a decade and my sisters/mom still live there so we go back frequently. It's fine and the sun is great, but not nice enough for an outdoor resort. Can you imagine trying to swim there any time but summer? Too cold for me.
You ever been to Grand Junction? It probably has just as good of weather as Virginia.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter