Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've been in a log at DL that practically sunk - the bottom full of water up over my ankles. I won't even ride Spalsh there anymore.

I believe it was Pirates at MK that had boats taking on water - but they have since fixed it.
Disney World had about 3 boats sink at Splash the last 2 years. Also had a boat nearly sink on It’s a Small World, and the boats taking on water at Pirates.

Plus there’s that Jungle Cruise Boat that went down in Early 2020!

Disney World had about 3 boats sink at Splash the last 2 years. Also had a boat nearly sink on It’s a Small World, and the boats taking on water at Pirates.

Plus there’s that Jungle Cruise Boat that went down in Early 2020!

Well, I guess there are issues all around. THe DL Spalsh boats sink on the regular though - they still move but they are just full of water!

That Jungle Cruise boat had a load of bananas and got taken over by monkeys, right? 🤣

They do know they have the marathon starting and ending through the park right?
Since they haven’t released the course maps, maybe they’re doing something totally different? /jk—I know runDisney isn’t about to start getting creative with course maps.

They do know they have the marathon starting and ending through the park right?

Since they haven’t released the course maps, maybe they’re doing something totally different? /jk—I know runDisney isn’t about to start getting creative with course maps.
Should only impact that last mile and a half of the race if they still use the same course.

Just more friends in the parks to cheer them on to the finish line!!

1669988204325-jpeg.722676

Kind of ironic that this would be against Disney's own dress code.... 😊

elf-crying.gif
What about Leia’s slave bikini?

I would be okay if they reused some of the animals, which it seems like they're doing based on the concept art. I do wish that they won't do the screen faces for the human characters like Tiana. Give us something like the Elsa figure Tokyo is getting!!
I remember thinking the dwarfs looked great in the mine when they debuted compared to Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid, but I was tired of them by the time FEA opened 2 years later. I would think reusing old animatronics mixed with new backlit human faces would look jarring, but FEA is definitely mixed with Olaf, Sven, and the human characters.

Hopefully Iger's return coupled with a "significant increase in capital expenditure" for 2023 means positive things. Splash is a sensitive retheme and needs to be handled properly. I feel better knowing someone other than robot Bob 'Paycheck' is CEO for it. It's interesting that less than 2 weeks after Iger returned an official close date was announced. :scratchin

I wonder if this Splash closure date tells us anything about the opening of TRON or the railroad?

A Frontierland with no Splash and everyone heading towards TRON and Mine Train will make for some quiet Big Thunder rope drops.

Tron is going to be on virtual queue for a long, long while. It's not going to be pulling crowds at RD any time soon.

What about Leia’s slave bikini?
Exactly. It'd be like taking that version of Leia in statue form and nestling it near Mickey's Outpost in AK (the new Avatar ones are near Mickey and Minnie's greeting area in DisneySea). The whole thing struck me as so odd!

*cue dramatic soliloquy* 😂

wont-somebody-please-think-of-the-children-think-of-the-children.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter