Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly, as cool as it would be to use a minnie van, i think i'll stick to uber or lyft
We are here now. We've used Lyft twice (Wilderness Lodge to Disney Springs and Animal Kingdom Lodge to Wilderness Lodge). Both times a Minnie van was around $30 more than a Lyft XL. A regular Lyft would have been even cheaper. I get it if someone has little kids that need car seats and prefer the security of using ones provided by Disney vs some random Lyft or Uber driver. But for us (all adults)? Nope.

A New Scene and New Critters Are Introduced for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure

Today, I’m excited to give you a first look at a new scene and some of the brand-new characters we’re creating specifically for this attraction. In Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, you’ll join Princess Tiana and jazz-loving alligator Louis during Mardi Gras season as they prepare to host a one-of-a-kind celebration for the people of New Orleans. This new scene is the thrilling moment you first drop into the bayou and encounter some friends both new and familiar.

tba748372909802943802.jpg

As you can see here, fireflies will light up the night and invite you deeper into the bayou … almost like they’re waving you forward. What you can’t tell from this rendering – so you’ll just have to trust me on this one – is that beautiful zydeco music will fill the air. Zydeco is a special blend of rhythm and blues that was born in Louisiana, and when you hear it, you’ll feel like you’ve truly stepped into Tiana’s world.

Here you’ll find Louis, who explains where this amazing music is coming from. Tiana made some new friends out here – a band full of adorable critters, including an otter, a rabbit, a racoon, a beaver, a turtle and others. The band members sing and play instruments made of natural materials they found in the bayou. It feels like they may have a bigger role to play in this story … but we’ll just have to wait and see on that one.

Like so many musical genres, zydeco brings together the sounds and styles of many cultures. We wanted that spirit reflected in this scene (and throughout the attraction) so that all our guests feel welcome to join in the celebration. It’s emblematic of what we’re always striving for with our attractions – bringing people of different backgrounds together through timeless Disney stories. This new musical adventure provides us with a song sheet to write that concept into reality.

Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will take you on a journey inspired by the story and characters from the hit film, picking up where that story left off. In preparation for this new experience and the many exciting updates ahead, Splash Mountain at Walt Disney World Resort will be closed starting Jan. 23, 2023, so we can begin the next phase of this attraction’s development. Additional information about Splash Mountain at Disneyland Resort will be shared at a later date.

Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will take you on a journey inspired by the story and characters from the hit film, picking up where that story left off. In preparation for this new experience and the many exciting updates ahead, Splash Mountain at Walt Disney World Resort will be closed starting Jan. 23, 2023, so we can begin the next phase of this attraction’s development. Additional information about Splash Mountain at Disneyland Resort will be shared at a later date.
Ah my 4 year old is going to be so sad! This is all she wants to ride in February!

Splash Mountain at Walt Disney World Resort will be closed starting Jan. 23, 2023, so we can begin the next phase of this attraction’s development. Additional information about Splash Mountain at Disneyland Resort will be shared at a later date.
I'm happy that I can at least ride it for the last time for my trip this month. I'm okay with the change as long as the new Tiana retheme isn't 90% screen based IMO.

Today, I’m excited to give you a first look at a new scene and some of the brand-new characters we’re creating specifically for this attraction. In Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, you’ll join Princess Tiana and jazz-loving alligator Louis during Mardi Gras season as they prepare to host a one-of-a-kind celebration for the people of New Orleans. This new scene is the thrilling moment you first drop into the bayou and encounter some friends both new and familiar.

tba748372909802943802.jpg

As you can see here, fireflies will light up the night and invite you deeper into the bayou … almost like they’re waving you forward. What you can’t tell from this rendering – so you’ll just have to trust me on this one – is that beautiful zydeco music will fill the air. Zydeco is a special blend of rhythm and blues that was born in Louisiana, and when you hear it, you’ll feel like you’ve truly stepped into Tiana’s world.

Here you’ll find Louis, who explains where this amazing music is coming from. Tiana made some new friends out here – a band full of adorable critters, including an otter, a rabbit, a racoon, a beaver, a turtle and others. The band members sing and play instruments made of natural materials they found in the bayou. It feels like they may have a bigger role to play in this story … but we’ll just have to wait and see on that one.

Like so many musical genres, zydeco brings together the sounds and styles of many cultures. We wanted that spirit reflected in this scene (and throughout the attraction) so that all our guests feel welcome to join in the celebration. It’s emblematic of what we’re always striving for with our attractions – bringing people of different backgrounds together through timeless Disney stories. This new musical adventure provides us with a song sheet to write that concept into reality.

so do we think they're reusing animatronics? those critters look sure familiar!

My trip ends on Jan 22. Might have to change plans for 22nd to head to MK to ride it one last time
mine starts on Jan 21 but we aren't doing MK until the 24th. Not gonna switch anything around though cuz we dont get to orlando until 7:30pm on the 21st and our first park day is always EPCOT so thats the 22nd. Oh well guess the next time i go on it, it won't be Splash but tbh i'm ok with that. i'm just excited for the new ride :)

I wonder if this Splash closure date tells us anything about the opening of TRON or the railroad?

A Frontierland with no Splash and everyone heading towards TRON and Mine Train will make for some quiet Big Thunder rope drops.

I am surprised they are doing MK first. It felt like DL would be first as it needs the love - well, it need sboats that don't sink, but whatever. The thing's a menace as it currently is! 🤣
Perhaps they are looking at a smoother close if they are also opening Toontown at same time ... I think that is March.

WDW usually goes down this same time for annual maintenance so it's a normal kind of timing for us.

I wonder if this Splash closure date tells us anything about the opening of TRON or the railroad?

A Frontierland with no Splash and everyone heading towards TRON and Mine Train will make for some quiet Big Thunder rope drops.
That’s what I was thinking, this probably points to “spring 2023” meaning more March-ish than April or May

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter