Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
That phrase has me a little nervous too....it either means that or "enhanced" prices.
Ama Ama at Aulani in Hawaii had similar wording before it opened and that is becoming a prix fixe meal so I'm really hoping Kona doesn't become one as well. Be Our Guest's food quality really declined when it made the shift over :( Also I really can't eat that much to justify the price.

Ama Ama at Aulani in Hawaii had similar wording before it opened and that is becoming a prix fixe meal so I'm really hoping Kona doesn't become one as well. Be Our Guest's food quality really declined when it made the shift over :( Also I really can't eat that much to justify the price.
Disney the same for Narcoossee’s. I’ll be so upset if it goes that way! 😔

RUMOR:​

Is Candlelight Processional at EPCOT in for a Change?

Let’s talk about this rumor that has been brought to our attention from multiple sources; Candlelight Processional is changing several parts of the show. People in the Disney social media space have talked about how this show should change or how it shouldn’t be touched at all. Let’s take a look at what the rumored changes are.

RUMORED changes to Candlelight Processional
  • New Songs
  • Reduced Hallelujah chorus
  • New Narration

Let’s talk about this rumor that has been brought to our attention from multiple sources; Candlelight Processional is changing several parts of the show. People in the Disney social media space have talked about how this show should change or how it shouldn’t be touched at all. Let’s take a look at what the rumored changes are.

• New Songs
  • New Narration

I've been waiting for this honestly. I saw a woman in a Facebook group complain about how religious it was. I have to say, I am surprised Disney has kept the narration of the birth of Jesus this long. My trip in December this year will be my first at this time of year, so I was hoping to see it, but it wouldn't surprise me if they changed it up.

I've been waiting for this honestly. I saw a woman in a Facebook group complain about how religious it was. I have to say, I am surprised Disney has kept the narration of the birth of Jesus this long. My trip in December this year will be my first at this time of year, so I was hoping to see it, but it wouldn't surprise me if they changed it up.
Agreed. I don’t watch the Candle Light processional because I’m not religious and don’t care for it. So it doesn’t bother me either way, but I am surprised it’s current form has lasted this long.

I suspect there will be quite the outrage on this thread on just this rumor alone… release the hounds.

• New Songs
  • New Narration
This is kind of a bummer because of personal nostalgia and happy holiday memories of Christmas "Disney Church", but at the same time it does seem really weird that in 2022 a full on religious service at a theme park owned by a major corporation is even a thing, so I totally get it.

Excited to see what is to come!

Price Increases Hit Savi’s Workshop Handbuilt Lightsabers & Droid Depot in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
A galaxy far, far away is about to take a bigger chunk out of your credits as prices have been increased for both the Savi’s Handbuilt Custom Lightsaber experience and the Droid Depot experience in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Here’s a look at the changes!

Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers (Price increased from $220 to $250)

To justify those prices we better see the new lightsabers/scrap pieces immediately. They've advertised them earlier this year at Star Wars Celebration, but they still haven't shown up in the parks.

I'll also now be on the fence for spending $20 more for a smaller droid since I was planning on making a "Chopper" droid in January/February. Not sure he'll be worth $120. I may just look further into customizing my current R3 droid instead.

DVC News:

Availability Suggests September 2023 BoardWalk Villa Refurbishment

Disney Vacation Club has not revealed a timeline for the anticipated guest room refurbishment work at Disney's BoardWalk Villas but current room availability is pointing toward the fall of 2023.
Disney has made no secret of the fact that Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas will be undergoing a number of updates in the coming months. One of those projects includes a full renovation of the Disney Vacation Club villa rooms which have not been refurbished since a small-scale refresh back in 2016.

Availability of DVC rooms suggests that a large portion of the BoardWalk Villas will be updated beginning in September 2023. The DVC member booking website currently shows that all BoardWalk View rooms are unavailablity beginning on September 9, 2023. This includes all BoardWalkView One Bedroom villas as illustrated below. One Bedroom villas tend to be the slowest DVC room size to book. In the screen shot, the One Bedroom BoardWalk View rooms are unavailable from September 9 through at least September 17, the latest date members can currently book.

1665501601818.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter