• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Direct Prices Increase On Three Older Disney Vacation Club Resorts

Disney Vacation Club has raised its direct prices $15-20 per point for three of its older "sold out" resorts including Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge and Copper Creek Villas & Cabins.

As a result, Disney Vacation Club is known for adjusting those rates frequently and without notice. That happened this week when rates for Bay Lake Tower, Boulder Ridge and Copper Creek increased. The changes are as follows:

• Bay Lake Tower: $265 per point (up $20 each from previous $245)
  • Boulder Ridge: $205 per point (up $15 each from previous $190)
  • Copper Creek: $240 (up $15 each from previous $225)

Tune-In Sunday for an Incredible Summer Magic Quest at EPCOT

This is a quest unlike any other! It all takes place during The World’s Most Magical Celebration – the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort and you won’t want to miss it. Tune in this Sunday, June 26 at 7 p.m. to watch “Disney Summer Magic Quest” premiere on Disney Channel, and then catch it again when it debuts on Disney+ later this summer.

Get ready for the biggest adventure of the summer! This Sunday, watch as Disney Channel’s “ZOMBIES 3” stars compete in an incredible race throughout the neighborhoods of EPCOT in a way that’s never been done before, all during The World’s Most Magical Celebration – the 50thAnniversary of Walt Disney World Resort. Hosted by the amazing Yvette Nicole Brown, the two teams go head-to-head in challenges at Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure in the France pavilion, at the all-new Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind attraction in the Wonders of Xandar pavilion, and around Spaceship Earth. Whichever team finishes the quest first will ignite the new nighttime spectacular, Harmonious, and win the first-ever “Disney Summer Magic Quest”!

Not sure why specifically in July but fireworks being shown twice a night was a thing before the pandemic. I remember one time I was stuck on Splash Mountain for so long that both shows happened before I was evacuated (granted the first show was happening before I got stuck).
Unless there are enough crowds to justify both and it thins out the crowds having 2 shows?

BREAKING:​

Disney Enchantment Fireworks to be Presented Twice Nightly on Select Dates in July at Magic Kingdom

“Disney Enchantment” will be presented twice nightly from July 14 to 24 at Magic Kingdom.

The first performance will be at 9:20 p.m. and the second will be at 11:00 p.m. Before and after these dates, the show will be presented once nightly.

Disney recently extended hours during this timeframe to 11:00 p.m. at Magic Kingdom.
Oh good...two showings of Enchantmeh to unimpress us.

PS...NOT A TYPO

BREAKING:​

Disney Enchantment Fireworks to be Presented Twice Nightly on Select Dates in July at Magic Kingdom

“Disney Enchantment” will be presented twice nightly from July 14 to 24 at Magic Kingdom.

The first performance will be at 9:20 p.m. and the second will be at 11:00 p.m. Before and after these dates, the show will be presented once nightly.

Disney recently extended hours during this timeframe to 11:00 p.m. at Magic Kingdom.
Yeyyy!! Will be there!! Happy Dance :))))

What would be really great is if they could run Enchantment AND HEA once each! Now, that'd be excellent!

I don't hate Enchantment or anything, but it is far less impressive than it could have been and is not as good as HEA was.
That would be nice!

Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Jedi Training Academy, Swotu Waya, and More Offerings Removed from Disney World Website, My Disney Experience App

A number of entertainment offerings have been removed from the Walt Disney World website as Disney seemingly tips its hand at what the “new normal” might be at The Most Magical Place on Earth.

Disney no longer has a general “temporarily unavailable” page for entertainment offerings at Walt Disney World, and the links to various entertainment offerings now show an error page with Stitch. Here’s a look at some of the offerings that no longer exist on the Disney World website:

• Voyage of the Little Mermaid
  • Jedi Training Academy
  • Citizens of Main Street
  • Citizens of Hollywood
  • Swotu Waya
  • Pandora Rangers

It’s unclear what the future of these offerings might be, but as of right now, they are not listed as “Temporarily Unavailable” and could be considered permanently removed.

What would be really great is if they could run Enchantment AND HEA once each! Now, that'd be excellent!

I don't hate Enchantment or anything, but it is far less impressive than it could have been and is not as good as HEA was.

Agreed, although I'd settle for the last half of HEA once a night, over 2 Enchantments.

Heartbroken about CoH. That was one of our faves. My daughter could and would spend hours watching them and joining in on their games. She was hitting that anti picture phase last trip (or more so anti me taking so many pics) but she asked me to specifically take pics of her with the citizens. She posed with them and all. They actually came down to the HBD lounge to tease her when we were eating. She loved it.
I’m fortunate to have a recording of my DD (in her twenties at the time) getting caught up in the lodge brother’s routine. Still cracks me up

Anyone know if you can still make a payment online for a room-only reservation or do I have to call?
I actually tried that yesterday after looking over some notes I had made almost a year ago. The CM had told me that I had to do it on my computer and not my phone. I tried looking everywhere and couldn’t find any way to do it. Very frustrating. I’d much rather not have to deal with the long wait times on the phone, but I may have to. Good luck!

I actually tried that yesterday after looking over some notes I had made almost a year ago. The CM had told me that I had to do it on my computer and not my phone. I tried looking everywhere and couldn’t find any way to do it. Very frustrating. I’d much rather not have to deal with the long wait times on the phone, but I may have to. Good luck!
I couldn’t find anything either 😔.

Small mercy is that a few of the Citizens of Hollywood were cast for Galactic Starcruiser (Definitely one of the Captains
Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Jedi Training Academy, Swotu Waya, and More Offerings Removed from Disney World Website, My Disney Experience App

A number of entertainment offerings have been removed from the Walt Disney World website as Disney seemingly tips its hand at what the “new normal” might be at The Most Magical Place on Earth.

Disney no longer has a general “temporarily unavailable” page for entertainment offerings at Walt Disney World, and the links to various entertainment offerings now show an error page with Stitch. Here’s a look at some of the offerings that no longer exist on the Disney World website:

• Voyage of the Little Mermaid
  • Jedi Training Academy
  • Citizens of Main Street
  • Citizens of Hollywood
  • Swotu Waya
  • Pandora Rangers

It’s unclear what the future of these offerings might be, but as of right now, they are not listed as “Temporarily Unavailable” and could be considered permanently removed.
i was really hoping for Betty Shambles to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter