Disney Magic - September 15 2019 - WBTA - Dover to NYC

Gosh, there are so many of us having problems with Norwegian Air. We were lured with the great price too. I would love to fly with Virgin, but they were a bit out of our price range. I hope everything works out for you. Safe travels.

To all fish extenders,
The family waiting on a room finally have one, 2514.
I’m on my way to the D23 expo, but I’ll send the complete list as soon as I can.

Gosh, there are so many of us having problems with Norwegian Air. We were lured with the great price too. I would love to fly with Virgin, but they were a bit out of our price range. I hope everything works out for you. Safe travels.

Yes, if it wasn't for our son, we couldn't afford Virgin either!
He is in the process of changing careers right now, these flights for this trip will be our last freebies!!! I will miss it, but happy for him.
It will hurt to pay for our flight to Hawaii next year.
Have a great time.

I was going to do Norwegian because of the great price, but thanks to the DISboards, I knew that I would end up flying Wamos Air instead. I looked at their reviews and they weren't good. My only other option was British Airways because I only had a very specific time I could leave home. British Airways was SUPER expensive, but thankfully I have a friend that has tons of air miles and got us our tickets or I would have been stuck on Wamos Air. Both of my nieces just flew to Europe on Wamos (supposed to be Norwegian) and said it was like flying Frontier Airlines. I don't think I could do that for 9 hours! They are both young, so they can handle it better.

Not sure how many people are impacted by the changes to Norwegian Air’s schedule/plane changes and we are sorry to hear that it is causing problems for some. We were considering them and opted for another airline. Flying Norwegian was tantalizing as they have 787 Dreamliner for the long haul flights. The problem is those aircraft are out of service for maintenance - replacement of the Rolls Royce engines. The good news is they look like Rolls Royce has made progress on the fixes and are getting some aircraft back in service. The bad news is despite the fixes it is unclear as why Norwegian is still using other to cover routes.

Since someone mentioned them, I read the Wamos review on the Poimts Guy and I hope that no one gets stuck on that, or if they do they have the Premium cabin booked.

Good luck everyone with travel, getting close to 3 week now.

Message to MonieS: Hi, my name is Karen, and I'm cruising with my adult son Kevin. He travels a lot--so I've asked him to look through the various coins in his "leftover" collection. Hopefully, we can provide your daughter with some different currencies. Looking forward to meeting you.

Hi friends!! 😁😁

Well ... I decided just a few hours ago to join the fun and set sail with you all. I have a lot of catching up to do. 🙈

If there are any activities scheduled or space in the fish extender group, please let me know. If not, no worries and I look forward to meeting everyone 😊💕

We're on Norwegian out of JFK, hoping that it all goes smoothly. The departure time was pushed back, and our separate American Airlines flight from DC was moved 5(!) hours earlier, so we've now got a 12 hour layover at JFK. We're in the Norwegian premium cabin, which gives us access to the Alitalia lounge before departure. Although it will be a nice place to wait for departure, that was going to be too long to be cooped up. We've booked a day use room at the JFK airport Hilton between the flights. We're hoping to check our bags with Norwegian before taking the shuttle to the hotel. I tend to sleep poorly on planes, so am planning on getting some serious napping in on that comfy Hilton bed, and being able to take a shower before boarding.

We're on Norwegian out of JFK, hoping that it all goes smoothly. The departure time was pushed back, and our separate American Airlines flight from DC was moved 5(!) hours earlier, so we've now got a 12 hour layover at JFK. We're in the Norwegian premium cabin, which gives us access to the Alitalia lounge before departure. Although it will be a nice place to wait for departure, that was going to be too long to be cooped up. We've booked a day use room at the JFK airport Hilton between the flights. We're hoping to check our bags with Norwegian before taking the shuttle to the hotel. I tend to sleep poorly on planes, so am planning on getting some serious napping in on that comfy Hilton bed, and being able to take a shower before boarding.
It could be worse. You could be flying British AIr.

Last edited:
Agreed. The BA strike is going to be a mess. The only consolation is that they are calling it for the 9th and 10th, so there still is time to make the cruise on the 15th.
I was panicking when I'd heard that Norwegian had cut back their fall schedule. I'm lucky that they just consolidated two flights into one later flight.

Agreed. The BA strike is going to be a mess. The only consolation is that they are calling it for the 9th and 10th, so there still is time to make the cruise on the 15th.
I was panicking when I'd heard that Norwegian had cut back their fall schedule. I'm lucky that they just consolidated two flights into one later flight.
I just freaked out because I AM flying BA. I hadn't heard this. I am flying on the 12th, so hopefully there are no issues that day. If I could have ACTUALLY flown Norwegian, I would have. Unfortunately, out of Denver I would be on Wamos instead.

I just freaked out because I AM flying BA. I hadn't heard this. I am flying on the 12th, so hopefully there are no issues that day. If I could have ACTUALLY flown Norwegian, I would have. Unfortunately, out of Denver I would be on Wamos instead.
The strikes are planned for 9, 10 and 27th of September.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-49451142
https://www.britishairways.com/en-nl/information/incident/strike/latest-information

Always keep an eye on the website of the airline when it comes to strikes. And keep in mind that even if there are people on strike, it doesn't usually mean 100% strike = no planes at all. Usually not every employee agrees with going on strike and will go to work.

Wow, this is getting so close! Our daughter will have a unit on different currencies in math class, and she will need to continue her studies while we are away. If anyone is interested in helping her obtain a coin from a different country, we would be grateful. We have plenty of USD, Euro and CAD. Thank you.

Hi, MonieS--We need to set up a place and time to meet. I have currencies from South Africa, Iceland, Myanmar, Argentina and Singapore for you.

Hi friends!! 😁😁

Well ... I decided just a few hours ago to join the fun and set sail with you all. I have a lot of catching up to do. 🙈

If there are any activities scheduled or space in the fish extender group, please let me know. If not, no worries and I look forward to meeting everyone 😊💕
Welcome aboard! I'll bet you snagged one of those fabulous VGT rates. Now I know for next time...another passenger noted that the VGT rate was less than $200 higher from opening day price! We are not platinum yet...so we miss out on the best rates, although we have done some VGT.

The strikes are planned for 9, 10 and 27th of September.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-49451142
https://www.britishairways.com/en-nl/information/incident/strike/latest-information

Always keep an eye on the website of the airline when it comes to strikes. And keep in mind that even if there are people on strike, it doesn't usually mean 100% strike = no planes at all. Usually not every employee agrees with going on strike and will go to work.

Unfortunately, the way I read it, I thought it was the pilots that were going to strike. We will already be in Europe way ahead of time, but do have a BA flight between Italy and London. Not on one of the strike days....but am already worried about the residual effect. Still have plenty of days...we have a few days scheduled in England. Will have to keep an eye on it.

Unfortunately, the way I read it, I thought it was the pilots that were going to strike. We will already be in Europe way ahead of time, but do have a BA flight between Italy and London. Not on one of the strike days....but am already worried about the residual effect. Still have plenty of days...we have a few days scheduled in England. Will have to keep an eye on it.
Are you on a BA flight, or BA City Flyer (their domestic & European department), the latter is not affected by the strike.

Have you taken a look at the frequently asked questions?:
Q: Will this be the only strike, how can I find out which other days are affected?
A: We have not been notified of any further disruption by BALPA pilots. By law, trade unions have to give us 14 days’ notice of any industrial action, so we would always have plenty of notice to contact customers to let them know about any changes. For the latest on what is happening please keep checking this page.
So 2 weeks from now is 10th of August, so no strikes can be planned anymore before the 10th. For everything between the 10th and 15th (before sailing the Magic) has to be announced by BALPA within the next few days. If they don't announce it, the strike will be illegal and that's not what a union is going to do.

And for residual effect, passengers who are impacted by the strikes will be rebooked to other flights, but they will not bump a confirmed passenger off a flight to accommodate a strike-impacted passenger.

Are you on a BA flight, or BA City Flyer (their domestic & European department), the latter is not affected by the strike.

Have you taken a look at the frequently asked questions?:

So 2 weeks from now is 10th of August, so no strikes can be planned anymore before the 10th. For everything between the 10th and 15th (before sailing the Magic) has to be announced by BALPA within the next few days. If they don't announce it, the strike will be illegal and that's not what a union is going to do.

And for residual effect, passengers who are impacted by the strikes will be rebooked to other flights, but they will not bump a confirmed passenger off a flight to accommodate a strike-impacted passenger.

I think its on a regular BA flight...I don't like the sound of City Flyer....sounds like a propeller airplane, I sure hope not.

I am definitely a fish out of water with European travel. I am like the person who has never been to Walt Disney World and wants to know how long it takes the Friendship Boat at Epcot to get to the Magic Kingdom.

Thanks for the help.

I think its on a regular BA flight...I don't like the sound of City Flyer....sounds like a propeller airplane, I sure hope not.

I am definitely a fish out of water with European travel. I am like the person who has never been to Walt Disney World and wants to know how long it takes the Friendship Boat at Epcot to get to the Magic Kingdom.

Thanks for the help.
Do you fly on domestic flights within the US? If yes, you can handle planes for European routes, the planes are smaller than the big jets crossing the ocean, sometimes they only have an Economy cabin.
You should be able to find on your flight confirmation who is the operating carrier, BA or BA Cityflyer.

Many European Airlines have a fleet of smaller planes for Europe only, or a daughter company which (mainly) focuses on Europe:
KLM = KLM Cityhopper & Transavia
Air France = Hop & Transavia
Lufthansa = Eurowings & Lufthansa Cityline
Swiss Air = Edelweiss Air
Air Europa = Air Europa Express.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter