Disney Magic room 6154 dividing curtain

Marina Tieman

Earning My Ears
Hello,
Would someone know if the room 6154 on the Disney Magic has a dividing curtain. We will have a little baby with us and would like to be able to separate the room when the baby is sleeping.
Thank you

Hello,
Would someone know if the room 6154 on the Disney Magic has a dividing curtain. We will have a little baby with us and would like to be able to separate the room when the baby is sleeping.
Thank you

:welcome::welcome:
I have done 17 Disney Cruises and I believe every cabin has a curtain.
Well probably not in concierge , but I have never been in one of those rooms!

have fun!

I have done 17 Disney Cruises and I believe every cabin has a curtain.
Well probably not in concierge , but I have never been in one of those rooms!

have fun!
I'm not certain the accessible rooms have a curtain. 6154 is an accessible room.

The stateroom description page on the DCL website says this (about a regular verandah room):
  • A heavy privacy curtain to separate the sitting and sleeping areas
That wordage is missing in the accessible room description.

PrincesSchmoo is correct, this looks like an accessible room, so there isn't a curtain!

It looks like a huge room.

Thank you. It is an accessible room. I saw some videos of this room on YouTube and it looks like there is a curtain but then I saw some other pictures I found on internet and there is no curtain. So, the information is conflicting.

When we started sailing with DCL, the accessible cabins our family members had on the Magic and Wonder did have a privacy curtain. The curtains were removed some years ago now. Happy sailing.

The Cat 8A's 6012, 6016, 6512, 6514, 6516 (6014 is handicapped) on the Dream Fantasy (the ones with two large portholes) don't have a privacy curtain either. Also on the Dream and Fantasy are the very large forward corner cabins Cat 9D like 8504, 8006, 7504, 7006 these are NOT handicapped cabins, just super huge corner rooms (with slanted ceiling like an attic). We have stayed in them a few times and they are awesome.

MJ

The Cat 8A's 6012, 6016, 6512, 6514, 6516 (6014 is handicapped) on the Dream Fantasy (the ones with two large portholes) don't have a privacy curtain either. Also on the Dream and Fantasy are the very large forward corner cabins Cat 9D like 8504, 8006, 7504, 7006 these are NOT handicapped cabins, just super huge corner rooms (with slanted ceiling like an attic). We have stayed in them a few times and they are awesome.

MJ

I just saw on Scott's DCL blog that they're staying in one of those large rooms with 2 portholes, it looks like a great room. They are on The Dream and he said he would do a complete room review when he returns.
May have to give one of those a try sometime.

Hello,
Thank you
We have been in 6154 on the Magic. There is a dividing curtain. This room is HUGE. The bathroom has both roll in shower and a separate tub/shower combo like in regular staterooms. On the side of the cabin with the couch you also have a HUGE storage room - we used for luggage and our DD loved playing in there. The balcony is also HUGE with table/chairs and lounge chairs. White wall so you have to stand to see. My only complaint (hubby and DD didn't notice) was the vibration when docking. Woke me up as soon as we started backing into the port. Otherwise great room.

We have been in 6154 on the Magic. There is a dividing curtain. This room is HUGE. The bathroom has both roll in shower and a separate tub/shower combo like in regular staterooms. On the side of the cabin with the couch you also have a HUGE storage room - we used for luggage and our DD loved playing in there. The balcony is also HUGE with table/chairs and lounge chairs. White wall so you have to stand to see. My only complaint (hubby and DD didn't notice) was the vibration when docking. Woke me up as soon as we started backing into the port. Otherwise great room. We have not stayed in the this room since the Magic was "reimagined"...

Went through our photos and verified YES there was a dividing curtain. You can see it in this picture.

Attachments

• Disney Cruise May 2013 216.jpg
    Disney Cruise May 2013 216.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 14
Went through our photos and verified YES there was a dividing curtain. You can see it in this picture.
I'm not doubting that there was one. The question is - is there one now? It appears not.

That picture appears to be for a cruise in May 2013. Not the Apr 2012 date you mentioned.

I'm not doubting that there was one. The question is - is there one now? It appears not.

That picture appears to be for a cruise in May 2013. Not the Apr 2012 date you mentioned.

Too many cruises to keep straight. When I went into my snapfish albums it turns out we had this cabin for my daughters 3rd bday cruise. Still before the updates, as you can tell from the decor. We had a GTY and got this cabin assigned. I know they turned off the switch that keeps the door open that the "assistance" buttons. Can't speak to the curtain now of course, but I don't see why this would have caused issues for anyone needing the HA cabin.

Hello,
Thank you
Hello,
Thank you
This gives you an idea of the space in this cabin. we were using the table to hold open the door to the store room, which became a play room. You could use this storage room and keep the door open with the table however far you want if there isn't a curtain any longer.

Attachments

• Disney Cruise May 2013 215.jpg
    Disney Cruise May 2013 215.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 28
It appears that the curtain may have been removed since then:

Yes, I think it was on our Nov of 13 B2B out of Miami when my family members found the curtain had been removed during dry dock much to their dismay.

Too many cruises to keep straight. When I went into my snapfish albums it turns out we had this cabin for my daughters 3rd bday cruise. Still before the updates, as you can tell from the decor. We had a GTY and got this cabin assigned. I know they turned off the switch that keeps the door open that the "assistance" buttons. Can't speak to the curtain now of course, but I don't see why this would have caused issues for anyone needing the HA cabin.

The switch could usually be turned back on although the last time we were on the Wonder, we were told no. :headache:

Not sure why you think the absence of a curtain wouldn't matter to those who need an accessible cabin. They have privacy needs like the rest of us. I must be misunderstanding you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!