Disney Magic British Isles September 2-9,2018

DisneyHelen

Mouseketeer
I am starting a trip report on this cruise.We left from Dover visiting Cobh(Cork),Dublin,Greenock and Liverpool.Our holidays started in London after flight from Gatwick.Overall we had a great time.It was very easy to get to Dover on the train. We took a group bus back due to work on the train route to St Pancras.We had tickets for Harry Potter show on September 9 and made the show at Palace Theatre which was great.The Magic is still my favourite ship! Our stateroom host and dining team were excellent.The seas were very smooth and weather was good.We went in the pool and hot tub on 5 days of this cruise.

I’m interested in hearing the details of your cruise. We have this booked for 2019.

We were on this cruise as well, great weather I miss it right now its so hot in Florida. We had 2 days in London prior to the cruise. I think you could easily spend more I would say if you haven't been before I would plan several days.

Looking forward to reading along. We were suppose to be on this cruise, but a new grand baby changed our plans.

Hi DisneyHelen - We were originally booked on this sailing but had to change plans due to travel logistics issues. Just would have taken too much time to get to London and back from where we now live and my job is pretty demanding now. So I'm really looking forward to seeing the trip report. Sounds like the weather was great! Eager to hear about the ports as well. I'm sure there were a lot of very interesting tours.

Anyone do any Beatles tours in Liverpool??

Hi DisneyHelen - We were originally booked on this sailing but had to change plans due to travel logistics issues. Just would have taken too much time to get to London and back from where we now live and my job is pretty demanding now. So I'm really looking forward to seeing the trip report. Sounds like the weather was great! Eager to hear about the ports as well. I'm sure there were a lot of very interesting tours.

Anyone do any Beatles tours in Liverpool??
We went to The Beatles Story on our own.It was short walk from the ship and we took photos by the Beatles Statues.Museum was interesting to see. We also went to the Merseyside Museum and Liverpool 1 shopping area.

Precruise
We flew to London Gatwick ,myself and my husband .The customs line was not long.We decided to take the train to Brighton on the south coast for our first night.It is a 30 minute train ride.It is nice to walk by the ocean.The beach is mostly pebbles.We had a good fish meal at The Regency restaurant.We had decided to do a four day guided hiking trip in Sussex.We walked the south downs of Sussex and also the Seven Sisters chalk cliffs on the south coast.Two days before the cruise we went to London.The train travel was easy.We stayed precruise at Hampton by Hilton Waterloo.It is close to the London Eye and Westminister. Our first day we took the tube to Skygarden.I had rebooked free tickets.There is a very nice view of The Tower of London and the Shard.There is a large bar and nice seating areas.Then we went to The Maple Leaf lodge in Covent Garden.A nice Canadian pub with good food.We walked back over the Thames and the Eye to our hotel.The next day our daughter met up with us at our hotel.We planned to do afternoon tea at Fortnum and Mason, walk by Buckingham Palace and see "Hamilton" at Victoria Palace theatre. We enjoyed our Tea but it was very busy and service was okay. (No going here without reservation)We got pictures at Buckingham Palace and really enjoyed Hamilton.

following along, Im from Dublin and have lived in London and been to Cobh. I love reading trip reports of places I know so well. :)

img_6341-min-jpg.354879
That's really exciting, did you love the show? They are coming to my city in December and I already have tickets for it I'm really excited to go see it.

We liked the show.I did not know much about Alexander Hamilton before and now know more.It was a full house and got a standing ovation.

We will be in London this summer after a cruise. We are surprising our son who will turn 16 the day before our cruise with tickets to Harry Potter and the Cursed Child as a birthday present. So excited and hard to keep the secret.

Cruise day Sept 2 ,2018
Sorry work has been so busy this got delayed.We stayed at London Waterloo and walked to Waterloo station and there is a walkway to Waterloo East. We got a train from here to Dover direct. Disney is smart to change over on sunday because transportation was not busy.We left about 8:45 am and only saw 1 other Disney Cruise bound family. The ride was great. We got a taxi to the ship.It was the only cruise ship there so the taxi driver knew where we were going.We had 11am check in time but no one was checking! It was very easy process.My daughter thought all the buses from London arrive later. The family of the day got on about 11:30 and we had a short wait until we went on about 11:45. We went straight to Cabanas for lunch, the shrimp and crab are a big hit for us. I tried to get brunch at Palo but no luck.All taken by 12:45! We did have Dinner booked.I guess this cruise was more adults. The dining room was much quieter than I remember. It was a blue sky day so went to adult pool when staterooms opened up. We had the usual boat drill and went to the sailaway party.We had supper in Lumiere's and had a drink in Keys after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!