Disney Magic April 14 2014

Hi Ali. Welcome!

just curious.....where on Long Island do you reside? I live next door in Rockaway, Queens.

It's great that you are surprising your kids. Is the surprise the cruise or the whole trip to florida?

ellen

Hi, were in Plainview, Not sure what were planning ..we usually go every year to Disney, so it should not be that much of a surprise.. However we haven't been on a Disney cruise since 2011. Ill keep you posted!

I finally updated the Roll Call list on post #2! I don't think I missed anyone, but can y'all take a look and let me know if I forgot to put your name up? Thank you!

I finally updated the Roll Call list on post #2! I don't think I missed anyone, but can y'all take a look and let me know if I forgot to put your name up? Thank you!

How do you get all the info on the bottom... the trips. cruise dates etc.. without retyping each time?

Hi So excited! Just booked! can't wait. Now to keep all my browsers clear and email and facebook closed so we can try to surprise the kids!
My name is Ali and my husband is Adam. This will be our 5th Disney Cruise! But our first on the Magic. Our kids will be with us too. Logan (14) Colby (12) Turning 13 on the ship and my peanut Mason (6).

Welcome!! We're surprising the kids too..haven't decided when or how we'll tell them. I think my daughter is getting suspicious since she's taken notice of the research I've been doing on hotels in Orlando. It's our first time on the Magic and can't wait to see all of the changes!

Welcome!! We're surprising the kids too..haven't decided when or how we'll tell them. I think my daughter is getting suspicious since she's taken notice of the research I've been doing on hotels in Orlando. It's our first time on the Magic and can't wait to see all of the changes!

IM so annoyed.. They kinda figured out out.. well sorta.. they think we are going to Dinsey- not on a cruise. My daughter said she overheard me discussing the days off they have from school & my son even took out a map and were planning on what rides they want to go on... plan away kids.. LOL!!!:rotfl: I think they think were going away soon. not April!

We have over 2,500 views so I hope more people join this roll call.

This weekend I actually went to Michaels and started buying stuff for my FE gifts. I really hope more people join up.

ellen

This weekend I actually went to Michaels and started buying stuff for my FE gifts. I really hope more people join up.

ellen

OMg I was thinking the same thing.. LOL Its kinda quiet :( And me too started planing already!

ellen

I hope so, I am already thinking of what I am gonna do to.

Should we make a new link for people participating in the FE's or just keep it in here? I will add the info to the Facebook page too

Welcome to the Fish Extender Exchange INFORMATION for the APRIL 14-18, 2014 Magic 4 night Bahamian Cruise.

Fish Extender (FE) - This is a fun "game" that is like a Secret Santa type idea. A Fish Extender (FE) itself is a pocket panel/bag you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom. Families that join the FE group hang the Fish Extender outside their cabin and then, as the cruise is underway, participants deliver little gifts to the others participating in the group by leaving them as a surprise in the fish extenders. Who doesn't love presents it's a ton of fun, not just for kids.

Participating in the Fish Extender Gift Exchange will be limited to those who sign up PRIOR to 6 weeks before the cruise. This is to encourage participation in the thread and to lessen the last-minute sign-ups which could happen. It also gives everyone adequate time to prepare supplies.

This means the deadline to sign up is: Saturday,march 1st

Guidelines for our fish extender:

1. All gifts are to be delivered between the cruise leaving port on Monday April 14th until 4 PM on Thursday April 17th. This gives people time to still be able to pack their bags before we leave the ship the morning of April 18th

2. As far as the gifts... you can either give one gift to each cabin, or a gift to each person in the cabin. It is the thought that counts. ( Personally I think there should be a cabin/adult gift and then individual gifts for the kids) There are no strict rules regarding gifts (no minimum or maximum dollar value). Gifts can be homemade or storebought, Disney, non-Disney, totally up to you!

3. Please feel free to attach your DISboards name to your gift so we can know who to thank ☺

To take part in the FE, this is the DISBOARD.com thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3142123 and please
PM Twofebboys (Amanda) with your roll call information and she will add it to the list

USERNAME:
FACEBOOK NAME:
CRUISERS & AGE ON BOARD:
CABIN #:
CITY & STATE:
HOTEL BEFORE:
FISH EXTENDER:
MEETUP:
ALLERGIES:
CELEBRATIONS ONBOARD
EMAIL- so final list can be emailed

If you are uncomfortable posting any of the personal information, you can simply say whatever you are comfortable with.

this is out facebook link:https://m.facebook.com/groups/139632462911349

After the sign up deadline of March 1st, I will complete the list and email all participants a copy. Then you’ll know how many FE gifts to prepare with the cabin number of where to deliver it.

If you upgrade at the port changes can be made to everyone’s final copies.

We can have a meet and greet on embarkation day.

Here are a few helpful threads on the subject;

FISH EXTENDER DISNEY CRUISE LINE

https://www.facebook.com/groups/167311023398247/

Fish Extenders:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

Homemade FE Gifts:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907032

Fish Extenders:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607&page=127

http://powellfamtx.blogspot.com/2012/07/what-heck-is-fish-extender.html

You can find people selling fish extenders on Etsy.com. 2 popular people are

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Gradysmommy?ref=l2-shopheader-name

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BullfrogsButterflies?ref=l2-shopheader-name

http://www.etsy.com/shop/StitchesNBows

If we end up having a over-abundance of folks who want to participate, we can decide if we want to split the group into smaller subgroups. (I like a big group)

Please post any questions, concerns or tips about FE below ☺

Thanks
Ali- Disney Crew of 5​

Hi! I'm Beth. This is our second Disney cruise. We travelled on the Wonder in 2012 to Alaska (when we lived in WA state). Now we live in Columbia, SC and visited Disney World our second week back on the East Coast.

We are also Disney Vacation Club members, I noticed someone else on here was too. We are paying for this trip though, not using points.

Not sure if we'll just leave from home very early Monday morning or drive down Sunday and stay in a hotel. We had a December cruise booked but changed it to this one so we would have more time and make sure we all had the days off.

Since we have only been on the Wonder and love the "smallness" of the ship, I am very excited to see the new designs of the Magic. We'd like to do one of the bigger ships next; I know my girls would love the Aquaduct. This Aquadunk might be too scary!

We chose to stay in an inside stateroom this time just to save some money. We are only in our cabin to sleep and change clothes, so I don't think it will matter.

USERNAME: TnBeth1972
FACEBOOK NAME: Beth Owenby Kelly
CRUISERS & AGE ON BOARD: Beth 41, Brian 41, Isabel 6 and Olive 4
CABIN #: 2639
CITY & STATE: Irmo, SC
HOTEL BEFORE:
FISH EXTENDER: YES!
MEETUP: sure
ALLERGIES: none
CELEBRATIONS ONBOARD none
EMAIL- tnbeth1972@yahoo.com

Hi! I'm Beth. This is our second Disney cruise. We travelled on the Wonder in 2012 to Alaska (when we lived in WA state). Now we live in Columbia, SC and visited Disney World our second week back on the East Coast.

We are also Disney Vacation Club members, I noticed someone else on here was too. We are paying for this trip though, not using points.

Not sure if we'll just leave from home very early Monday morning or drive down Sunday and stay in a hotel. We had a December cruise booked but changed it to this one so we would have more time and make sure we all had the days off.

Since we have only been on the Wonder and love the "smallness" of the ship, I am very excited to see the new designs of the Magic. We'd like to do one of the bigger ships next; I know my girls would love the Aquaduct. This Aquadunk might be too scary!

We chose to stay in an inside stateroom this time just to save some money. We are only in our cabin to sleep and change clothes, so I don't think it will matter.

USERNAME: TnBeth1972
FACEBOOK NAME: Beth Owenby Kelly
CRUISERS & AGE ON BOARD: Beth 41, Brian 41, Isabel 6 and Olive 4
CABIN #: 2639
CITY & STATE: Irmo, SC
HOTEL BEFORE:
FISH EXTENDER: YES!
MEETUP: sure
ALLERGIES: none
CELEBRATIONS ONBOARD none
EMAIL- tnbeth1972@yahoo.com

Welcome Beth!!! We are also DVC members(AKV is our home resort), :) and love it!!!! We have been on the Dream and gotten on the Aquaduck, but the Aquadunk looks a little scarier(still gonna ride it though) LOL We are also staying in an inside, gonna use the extra money we would have spent to rebook for the Fantasy. Have been on the Magic twice before, and can't wait to see the changes. Are you from Washington state? We went on a cruise to Alaska that left from there, and fell in love with beautiful Seattle and all of it's surroundings. :thumbsup2

My husband is Navy, retiring in 2 days, that is why we were in WA state . Washington is pretty and green but it really is cloudy and misty rain 9 months out of the year. Don't let the awesome summers fool you. I am from TN and my husband is from here in SC.

My husband is Navy, retiring in 2 days, that is why we were in WA state . Washington is pretty and green but it really is cloudy and misty rain 9 months out of the year. Don't let the awesome summers fool you. I am from TN and my husband is from here in SC.

Yeah summer was awesome. LOL My mom and her family are all from Tennessee, we spent all our summers there as a child, still try to visit every year. Her family is from Knoxville area(a small town by there Lenoir City), others live around Kingsport(a small town Rogersville). Love it there. :thumbsup2

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter