Disney Magic April 14 2014

INFORMATION POST!!

FACEBOOK PAGE Please join the Facebook page. https://m.facebook.com/groups/139632462911349

ROLL CALL: Message Twofebboys (Amanda) with your roll call information and I will add it to the list below.

USERNAME: Twofebboys
CRUISERS & AGE ON BOARD: Amanda (41), Jay (45), Maxwell (10), Bennett (8)
CABIN #: 7010
CITY & STATE: Charlotte, NC
HOTEL BEFORE: Best Western, Cocoa Beach
FISH EXTENDER: Yes
MEETUP: Yes
ALLERGIES: None
CELEBRATIONS ONBOARD: Spring Break!

USERNAME: nikkistevej
CRUISERS & AGE ON BOARD: Me(Nikki)(41), Steve(39), Jordan (11)
CABIN #: 6145
CITY & STATE: Baltimore, Md
HOTEL BEFORE: don't know yet
CELEBRATIONS ONBOARD: none, but Steve and my 18th anniversary the week before, gonna do Palo brunch(our favorite)

USERNAME: Holly4
CRUISERS & AGE ON BOARD: Me (Amy), DH, DS(12) and DD(10)
CABIN #:
CITY & STATE: California
HOTEL BEFORE: Not sure of our hotel yet.
FISH EXTENDER: No
CELEBRATIONS ONBOARD: I suppose our anniversary (Close to cruise time), but mostly just celebrating spring break and family time together

USERNAME: ejw
CRUISERS & AGE ON BOARD: Ellen, DH Kenny, DD Melanie (17), DD's friend Alexis (18)
CABIN #: 2517 and 2519
CITY & STATE: Rockaway Park, NY
HOTEL BEFORE: Pop Century
FISH EXTENDER: Yes for both cabins
CELEBRATIONS ONBOARD: Spring Break and high school graduation for both girls

USERNAME: Disney Crew Of 5
CRUISERS & AGE ON BOARD: Me, Ali (42), Adam (43) My DD Logan 14 My DS Colby 12 and my other DS Mason (6)
CABIN #: 8054- subject to change
CITY & STATE: Plainview, NY
HOTEL BEFORE: don't know yet
FISH EXTENDER: Definitely 100% can't wait!
ALLERGIES: TREE NUTS AND CELIAC FOR 2 OF US (Colby & I)
CELEBRATIONS ONBOARD- YUP- Colby will be 13 on the 17th!!!!!

USERNAME: kelmarie66
CRUISERS & AGE ON BOARD: Barry (51), Kelly (47), Julia (15), Charlie (8)
CABIN #: 8088
CITY & STATE: Mount Airy, MD
HOTEL BEFORE: Hyatt Regency MCO
FISH EXTENDER: Not this time
CELEBRATIONS ONBOARD: 22nd wedding anniversary

USERNAME: TnBeth1972
CRUISERS & AGE ON BOARD: Beth 41, Brian 41, Isabel 6 and Olive 4
CABIN #: 2639
CITY & STATE: Irmo, SC
HOTEL BEFORE: Not yet
FISH EXTENDER: YES!
MEETUP: sure
ALLERGIES: none
CELEBRATIONS ONBOARD: none

USERNAME: PrincessForLife
CRUISERS & AGE ON BOARD: Jackie(23) & Kevin (24)
CABIN #: 7619
CITY & STATE: Chicago, IL
HOTEL BEFORE: Old Key West
MEETUP: No
CELEBRATIONS ONBOARD: My 24th Bday on 4/15!

USERNAME: CyndiandChris
CRUISERS & AGE ON BOARD: Cyndi and DH Chris, son Haydn (17) and daughter Ryan (9)
CABIN #: 7534
CITY & STATE: Blythewood, SC
HOTEL BEFORE: Country Inn & Suites, Port Canaveral
FISH EXTENDER: Undecided for now
MEETUP: I always say yes, but we never make it!
CELEBRATIONS ONBOARD: Spring Break! And DH's "29th" birthday!

USERNAME: BeanFamily
CRUISERS & AGE ON BOARD: Emily (39) David (44) Kevin (9) Elise (Turning 8 on the cruise!)
CABIN #: 7556
CITY & STATE: Flanders, NJ
HOTEL BEFORE: Hyatt at the airport
CELEBRATIONS ONBOARD: Elise - turning 8 on 4/16

USERNAME: Tammy (not on DIS but on Facebook)
CRUISERS & AGE ON BOARD: Tammy, Lou, Savanna(10)Dominic(10)
CABIN #: 2139
CITY & STATE: Balto, Md.
HOTEL BEFORE: Country Inn & Suites
MEETUP:
CELEBRATIONS ONBOARD: 1st cruise/Spring Break

USERNAME: Predzman
CRUISERS & AGE ON BOARD: Jerry (39), Sharon (45), Katy (9)
CABIN #: 8044
CITY & STATE: Milwaukee, WI
HOTEL BEFORE: TBD
CELEBRATIONS ONBOARD: Spring Break!

USERNAME: Kendrafitz
CRUISERS & AGE ON BOARD: Kendra (42), Jef (44), Connor (12 on ship) & Ashley (9)
CABIN #: don't know yet
CITY & STATE: Robbinsville, NJ
HOTEL BEFORE: Not Sure Yet
CELEBRATIONS ONBOARD: Connor's 12th birthday & our 14th wedding anniversary

User name: Piercefamilysc
Cruisers on board: Stacey (44), Rob (46), daughter Gabrielle (17), son Mitch (15)
Cabin#: 6067
City and state: Greenville, SC
Hotel before: Holiday Inn Express, North St. Augustine, FL
Fish extender: YES!!!!
Meetup: sure
Allergies: severe peanut allergy (Mitch)
Celebrations on board: 20th anniversary (3/26) and Mitch's 15th bday (4/3)
Email: piercefamilysc (at symbol) gmail.com

We are! We just booked today. I am very excited! We told the boys (8 & 10) today too and watched all the YouTube videos about the refurb!

The refurb looks awesome, I can't wait!!! We have been on the Magic twice before, so definitely looking forward to see all the updates.We have a 10 year old also, a girl.

We had a hard time deciding on a balcony or an oceanview. We went with an oceanview on Deck 7! I would love to hear some of your hints for the trip!

We had a hard time deciding on a balcony or an oceanview. We went with an oceanview on Deck 7! I would love to hear some of your hints for the trip!

We are doing an inside this time, trying to do a "budget" trip. hahaha I don't know how you can really budget on a DCL cruise though. We are rebooking onboard to do the Fantasy, so trying to save a bit.

Here is a tip:
Make sure you get the earliest available inboard time, so you can get on the ship as early as possible, enjoy the pools/slides with an almost "empty" ship.

I will try to think of some more. :thumbsup2

Great piece of advice! How do you do that?

Also, would you recommend eating at the main seating or the late? My boys are pretty flexible. I have us down for the main but I am thinking of the late so we won't be rushed. I figured they can get snacks if needed!

Great piece of advice! How do you do that?

Also, would you recommend eating at the main seating or the late? My boys are pretty flexible. I have us down for the main but I am thinking of the late so we won't be rushed. I figured they can get snacks if needed!

At 75 days out before the cruise, you can pick your "boarding time", pick any excursions you want to do(you don't pay til you get on the ship). I have serious vacation planning OCD, so I plan ahead always. :lmao:

We always do main, we live in Baltimore, Md(so east coast), and it's our regular dinner time anyway. there is plenty to eat around the ship later, if you get hungry. ;)

Ok will do! I, too, have trip planning OCD. I live in Charlotte, NC. Our plan is to drive down the day before and stay in a hotel! Do you do that? If so, where do you stay?

I just switched us to 2nd seating but now I think I might switch us back!!! So, I am stressing a bit about this!

Ok will do! I, too, have trip planning OCD. I live in Charlotte, NC. Our plan is to drive down the day before and stay in a hotel! Do you do that? If so, where do you stay?

I just switched us to 2nd seating but now I think I might switch us back!!! So, I am stressing a bit about this!

We have stayed at Disney before(we usually do this), but have also stayed at Radisson resort at the port, they have a fantastic pool area, we found a good rate on priceline. We have also stayed at Country Inn & Suites, both are super close. We will be driving for this trip- not sure our plans before and after for the trip yet. We actually haven't "officially" booked, we are going to Disneyland/California in less than 2 weeks, waiting to get back to book. :)

Since you are doing your cruise on a budget, I found a rate of $122.61 at the Best Western in Cocoa Beach! They also give you a 40% off coupon for the port. DH did not want to leave the car at the hotel, plus deal with a shuttle. (We are never late...always on time!)

Also, I changed our seating to late this morning and just changed it back to main. DH thinks everyone including himself will do better at the main seating! Plus, we could drop the kids at the club afterwards and go have a drink by ourselves!

Since you are doing your cruise on a budget, I found a rate of $122.61 at the Best Western in Cocoa Beach! They also give you a 40% off coupon for the port. DH did not want to leave the car at the hotel, plus deal with a shuttle. (We are never late...always on time!)

Also, I changed our seating to late this morning and just changed it back to main. DH thinks everyone including himself will do better at the main seating! Plus, we could drop the kids at the club afterwards and go have a drink by ourselves!

That is a good rate, we don't do the shuttle either, we always park at the port. $15 a day, so 40% is great. We are also always on time(most of the time- too early) ;)

Still not sure what we are doing before/after- we will probably do Disney after, maybe the day before. We have friends that may be going, but who knows. I need to book the trip- just waiting til after Disneyland- then I am finalizing plans!!! i hate to wait!

After dinner, is our fave "adult" time, DD always wants to do the clubs, she is an only child, and a tomboy, so that new kids area will be right up her alley. :)

That is a good rate, we don't do the shuttle either, we always park at the port. $15 a day, so 40% is great. We are also always on time(most of the time- too early) ;)

Still not sure what we are doing before/after- we will probably do Disney after, maybe the day before. We have friends that may be going, but who knows. I need to book the trip- just waiting til after Disneyland- then I am finalizing plans!!! i hate to wait!

After dinner, is our fave "adult" time, DD always wants to do the clubs, she is an only child, and a tomboy, so that new kids area will be right up her alley. :)

You better get on it! As far as it looks from this board we are the only two families on the ship! It is good that your daughter is a tomboy because my boys are all boy...since they will be the only kids in the kid club!!

BTW, I posted the link to this thread to be put up in the meet up sticky post. Maybe we will get more cruisers!

You better get on it! As far as it looks from this board we are the only two families on the ship! It is good that your daughter is a tomboy because my boys are all boy...since they will be the only kids in the kid club!!

BTW, I posted the link to this thread to be put up in the meet up sticky post. Maybe we will get more cruisers!

With our little group, that will be sooo relaxing, no fighting over pool chair loungers, no waiting in line for anything. It's gonna be awesome. :rotfl2:

I pinned DH down tonight, as well as the other family, they are in as well. So I guess we will have 3 families onboard. :rotfl: They have twins- boy/girl 10 years old. We are driving down Saturday, then Sunday gonna hang in the Port Canaveral area(there are lots of restaurants, the beach, go carts and mini golf, and the pool, so we will be occupied. We are gonna head to Disney for 2 days after, at least that is the plan RIGHT NOW!!! hahaha

Thanks for posting the sticky. :)

Another thread has already been started for your cruise. You may want to check it out....

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :beach:
Have a great cruise!

Another thread has already been started for your cruise. You may want to check it out....

Have a great cruise!

I just looked for it, where do I look? Can't find it. :confused3 It's been a long week. hahahaha

Have a great cruise!

You added us to the 4/4 thread, but we are the 4/14 thread!

If you want us to go on both trips I am happy to go. But, we only budgeted for one cruise. Are you paying for the 4/4 trip? :hyper:

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter