Disney Magic April 14 2014

We're booked too! It's our first time on the Magic and we can't wait to see all of the updates. We haven't told the kids yet DS(11) & DD(9)..I'm trying to come up with a creative way to tell them. :)

We are doing an inside this time, trying to do a "budget" trip. hahaha I don't know how you can really budget on a DCL cruise though. We are rebooking onboard to do the Fantasy, so trying to save a bit.

Here is a tip:
Make sure you get the earliest available inboard time, so you can get on the ship as early as possible, enjoy the pools/slides with an almost "empty" ship.

I will try to think of some more. :thumbsup2

We like to have an ocean view cabin, but this time we booked an inside..I'm concerned that it'll be cramped with the 4 of us (No split bath), but I'm really trying to save money wherever I can. We don't spend a lot of time in the room, so I keep telling myself that it'll be okay. :)

We're booked too! It's our first time on the Magic and we can't wait to see all of the updates. We haven't told the kids yet DS(11) & DD(9)..I'm trying to come up with a creative way to tell them. :)

Welcome!!!!! We also have a DD(she will be 11) and a self proclaimed tomboy. LOL We are traveling with a family that has never cruised- they have twins a boy and girl- that will be 10.

We like to have an ocean view cabin, but this time we booked an inside..I'm concerned that it'll be cramped with the 4 of us (No split bath), but I'm really trying to save money wherever I can. We don't spend a lot of time in the room, so I keep telling myself that it'll be okay. :)

We have done an inside before also, but like you said, also trying to save money, and we are not in there too much. We want to rebook onboard for the Fantasy- so we want to save for that. :)

Welcome Holly! We are on the Magic too! We have two boys that will be 10 & 8! This is our first family cruise. We booked an ocean view room. I really wanted a balcony, but like you said, you aren't in your room much!

I set up a Facebook page if you are interested in joining! I just thought this would be an easier way to organize.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/disneymagicapril14/

Thanks for the welcome!! I'm really looking forward to this cruise/vacation. We're arriving a few days early to enjoy the parks before the cruise. Not sure where we'll be staying. We have friends with kids the same age as mine that are thinking about cruising with us too. Initially we booked the Thanksgiving cruise this year, but ended up need more time to plan and save money. It's getting harder and harder to take the kids out of school, so we have decided to only travel during school breaks. Can't wait! :)

Thanks for the welcome!! I'm really looking forward to this cruise/vacation. We're arriving a few days early to enjoy the parks before the cruise. Not sure where we'll be staying. We have friends with kids the same age as mine that are thinking about cruising with us too. Initially we booked the Thanksgiving cruise this year, but ended up need more time to plan and save money. It's getting harder and harder to take the kids out of school, so we have decided to only travel during school breaks. Can't wait! :)

We are gonna have to travel during breaks too Holly, our DD has a hard time adjusting back when we taker out unfortunately. We did Thanksgiving last year on the Dream, it was awesome, everything was decorated for Christmas.

We are gonna have to travel during breaks too Holly, our DD has a hard time adjusting back when we taker out unfortunately. We did Thanksgiving last year on the Dream, it was awesome, everything was decorated for Christmas.

I agree. And vacations are considered unexcused in our school system. We get a letter after 3 days. We pulled our boys to go to Disney this past September for three days and got the letter. Of course when oldest son came home with great grades for the year I said to DH that we should have stayed for longer! (Hehehe)

We are staying at the Best Western Sunday night for sure. We might add Saturday night too. The boys want to see Kennedy Space Center. BTW, I got a rate of $110 there and you get the 40% off.

We are trying to talk some of friends into coming, but no one has bitten yet. I don't want to pressure anyone too much because of it probably boiling down to a money thing...don't want to pry.

I think we are going to try to do the dolphin swim at blue lagoon. Have either one of you done that?

I agree. And vacations are considered unexcused in our school system. We get a letter after 3 days. We pulled our boys to go to Disney this past September for three days and got the letter. Of course when oldest son came home with great grades for the year I said to DH that we should have stayed for longer! (Hehehe)

We are staying at the Best Western Sunday night for sure. We might add Saturday night too. The boys want to see Kennedy Space Center. BTW, I got a rate of $110 there and you get the 40% off.

We are trying to talk some of friends into coming, but no one has bitten yet. I don't want to pressure anyone too much because of it probably boiling down to a money thing...don't want to pry.

I think we are going to try to do the dolphin swim at blue lagoon. Have either one of you done that?

I have heard Blue Lagoon is really nice, we have done a dolphin swim in Cozumel before, it was awesome. Last time we did Bahamas- we did the Atlantis Aquaventure- which was fun, but it was a little chilly in November. Atlantis is a beautiful resort- but it was alot of $$$$- like $500.00!!!! We are gonna stay on the ship I think this time, we have been there a few times already. I told my friend that is going, gave her the price, and just let her decide, she has been wanting to do DCL for a while, gonna give it to her kids for Christmas.

Just realized my screen name is misleading...my name is Amy. :)

My son is starting middle school in the fall and the curriculum moves so fast that missing a week can be a big deal. In the past - some teachers were totally fine with it and others weren't. He's already a little anxious about a new school, so I don't want to pull him out.

We haven't done the dolphin swim, but it sounds like it would be a lot of fun. We've only been to Nassau once and we didn't spend much time on the island. We were on a 3 night cruise and wanted to enjoy the ship. This time if we get off the ship I would like to spend the day at the beach.

That's a great rate and coupon..I'll look into that when we book our hotels. I would prefer to park at the port since we are going straight to one of the theme parks when we disembark. My daughter really wants to see the Space Center too ...we went when she was 5, but she'll be 10 when we sail this time and I think she'll get a lot out of it.

Just realized my screen name is misleading...my name is Amy. :)

My son is starting middle school in the fall and the curriculum moves so fast that missing a week can be a big deal. In the past - some teachers were totally fine with it and others weren't. He's already a little anxious about a new school, so I don't want to pull him out.

We haven't done the dolphin swim, but it sounds like it would be a lot of fun. We've only been to Nassau once and we didn't spend much time on the island. We were on a 3 night cruise and wanted to enjoy the ship. This time if we get off the ship I would like to spend the day at the beach.

That's a great rate and coupon..I'll look into that when we book our hotels. I would prefer to park at the port since we are going straight to one of the theme parks when we disembark. My daughter really wants to see the Space Center too ...we went when she was 5, but she'll be 10 when we sail this time and I think she'll get a lot out of it.

We are gonna do Epcot on Friday after disembarking and then MK on Saturday, then will be heading home Sunday on Easter.

We are gonna do Epcot on Friday after disembarking and then MK on Saturday, then will be heading home Sunday on Easter.

Now, why did I think that Easter was before the cruise? I had all these ideas to put in Easter baskets for the cruise!

** update **
We have cancelled off this one and booked in February. I hope you all have a wonderful time.

Hi :wave2:

We are also booked on this cruise! We actually booked this while onboard the Dream in April for our wedding!! We are excited, never been on the Magic and excited for all the new updates .... This will be our 3rd cruise.

Family of 3 here; myself, husband and our daughter, who will be 11 at the time of the cruise!

Someone had asked about Blue Lagoon dolphin experience? We did this in April of 2011. It is gorgeous over there and we loved this experience. We are hoping to do Atlantis this time, we have never been. I've heard others mention that they book a room at nearby hotel that allows access to the beach and waterpark, etc. that is a lot cheaper than booking the excursion. Does anyone have any thoughts or input on this?

Hi :wave2:

We are also booked on this cruise! We actually booked this while onboard the Dream in April for our wedding!! We are excited, never been on the Magic and excited for all the new updates .... This will be our 3rd cruise.

Family of 3 here; myself, husband and our daughter, who will be 11 at the time of the cruise!

Someone had asked about Blue Lagoon dolphin experience? We did this in April of 2011. It is gorgeous over there and we loved this experience. We are hoping to do Atlantis this time, we have never been. I've heard others mention that they book a room at nearby hotel that allows access to the beach and waterpark, etc. that is a lot cheaper than booking the excursion. Does anyone have any thoughts or input on this?

Welcome! My name is Amanda! Third cruise, so you will be a wealth of info! We are newbies on DCL!

I was the one that asked about the Blue Lagoon. Did you do the dolphin swim?

I don't know about Atlantis, but that sounds like a good idea if it is cheaper.

I just changed my post #2 to an information post. Check it out and send me any information you would like!!

(I am on the way back from the beach and this is a great time for me to organize!)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Welcome! My name is Amanda! Third cruise, so you will be a wealth of info! We are newbies on DCL!

I was the one that asked about the Blue Lagoon. Did you do the dolphin swim?

I don't know about Atlantis, but that sounds like a good idea if it is cheaper.

Hi Amanda! :wave2:
Yes, we did the dolphins. It was such a cool experience. My daughter loved it! She was a little afraid first but warmed right up. It's cheaper than doing the experience at Atlantis (or it was) so that's why we opted to go there.

I did check on the Comfort Suites near Atlantis. The rate I found for the day didn't seem like a huge savings for us, so we will probably opt to just do the Disney excursion. But I'm sure for a larger family than us (we're a family of 3) it might be well worth it.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter