Disney Looking for Chief Magic Official

Zulaya- How about uploading to YouTube and then posting the link for us? I uploaded mine there, and it was very easy. You have to sign up for a free account first (if you don't have one). Then you just log in and hit "upload video", then click on the "browse" button, find your file and click "open." It should start to upload for you.

Miller- I sent in my application last Saturday. My video didn't show up on the site until Monday, and it appeared that no one from the weekend was added until Monday. Hopefully, we'll see your video tomorrow. :goodvibes

I was just reading the rules and I'm wondering if posting to YouTube would disqualify me IF they have my video.

It says in the rules that the videos become the property of the Sponsor. And there's another rule that says videos can't have been previously been published.

Now I haven't published it anywhere, but if the contest is ongoing, could they interpret the rules in such a way that I'd be disqualified?

I'm really quite excited about my video and thought I covered the 5 scoring areas pretty well. I'm just really worried that something happened to it and it's not even there.

Good luck to everyone who entered! I just found out about this today. I would have loved to apply though I know really that I wouldn't be healthy enough for all the travel :/ Here's hoping that a Dis'er's dream comes true and they get the job!!!

Okay, Zulaya! Thanks for getting me all paranoid now!:scared1:

My thinking on this is that it is Disney "property," because they are telling you once your video is in their hands, you have given them permission to do what they want with it. As far as the "published" video goes, I took that more as a referral to professional videos. I'm sure posting it for others to see is probalby fine. It is still YOUR video and the original belongs to you. However, just to be safe, I think I'll take my video off of YouTube!! :eek:

http://www.dreamcmo.com/view-dream-cmo-applicant.php?CMODID=CMO-46E600A8938C38EC0329C3368AD87EDA

here is my attempt. I am really dissappointed though. This video is slightly different then the one I submitted. the audio is faster and now dosnt completely match, one whole photo is just gone and there are weird pauses where there were none. According to our counter on the program we used it was 58.6 seconds long so I dont know why its different. When I saw it I actually cried. I only had this weekend to work on it so it's not as good as I wouyld have liked it to be. I was planning to work o it last week but was on a sequestered jury all week.

I'm starting to freak out now because I've been trying to upload my video most of the evening.... right now it says that there is 5 hours 36 minutes left to upload. So I'm concerned that it won't be uploaded in time.....

http://www.dreamcmo.com/view-dream-cmo-applicant.php?CMODID=CMO-46E600A8938C38EC0329C3368AD87EDA

here is my attempt. I am really dissappointed though. This video is slightly different then the one I submitted. the audio is faster and now dosnt completely match, one whole photo is just gone and there are weird pauses where there were none. According to our counter on the program we used it was 58.6 seconds long so I dont know why its different. When I saw it I actually cried. I only had this weekend to work on it so it's not as good as I wouyld have liked it to be. I was planning to work o it last week but was on a sequestered jury all week.
Even with the audio a bit out of sync I loved your video!!!!! That was so clever with the pirate/princess/apple..... it made me smile.

Thank you for the encouragement (even if your saying it to make me feel better) It is a pet peeve of mine when the video dosent flow and trust me the video I submitted flowed so much better the audio matched the pics perfectly and there was one more crazy photo of me on Cinderella's carousel. I really did cry when I saw it! Thanks for the support it meant alot!:flower3: Hope you get yours uploaded!

Jami-- I love your video!! I don't see what you are so upset about. It seemed to flow nicely.

Zulaya- Just kidding about the paranoia! ;) Here's hoping you see your video tomorrow (or that it's so good they are keeping it a surprise and just showing the rest of us on the site to make us feel good). :wizard:

Traci

Yeah, I'm not sure why some of the videos seems to have good sound and others don't. When I submitted mine, too, all the sound and video were in sync but now they don't quite match up either...maybe it's a technical problem on their website...

Anyway, I think your video is cute!:) Nothing to worry about!

And now my upload time went down to 3 1/2 hours then their site when screwy and I had to start over..... now the upload time is 15 hours 20 minutes..... I could cry right now.

And now my upload time went down to 3 1/2 hours then their site when screwy and I had to start over..... now the upload time is 15 hours 20 minutes..... I could cry right now.

Same boat here. Frustrating and I don't know what to do, other than go back in time and post my video earlier.

Same boat here. Frustrating and I don't know what to do, other than go back in time and post my video earlier.
I hear ya there.... its not like I waited until the last minute on purpose... it took me that long to get the video together.... lol. I even lowered the quality of the video hoping that would speed it up... but to no avail. I guess I'm just concerned if at midnight anything that is uploading just disconnects... or if you start your upload by midnight that you can still qualify no matter how long it takes.

I hear ya there.... its not like I waited until the last minute on purpose... it took me that long to get the video together.... lol. I even lowered the quality of the video hoping that would speed it up... but to no avail. I guess I'm just concerned if at midnight anything that is uploading just disconnects... or if you start your upload by midnight that you can still qualify no matter how long it takes.

Yeah, I have no one to blame but myself. It took me forever to decide if I wanted to try or not. Not I'm wishing I hadn't made the effort- what a hassle! I do hope that it won't disconnect when the entry time is expired. But I've tried several times now keep having it crash, so I think I'm about two tries from giving up. Right now is it estimated that I have over 5 hours left- and I have FIOS connection.
I wish you the best of luck getting it done, and to everyone else, I hope a DISer wins. So good luck to everyone!

Yeah, I have no one to blame but myself. It took me forever to decide if I wanted to try or not. Not I'm wishing I hadn't made the effort- what a hassle! I do hope that it won't disconnect when the entry time is expired. But I've tried several times now keep having it crash, so I think I'm about two tries from giving up. Right now is it estimated that I have over 5 hours left- and I have FIOS connection.
I wish you the best of luck getting it done, and to everyone else, I hope a DISer wins. So good luck to everyone!
Best of luck to you also with your upload..... the running count of site crashes is now at 7..... it has become quite comical actually.

Best of luck to you also with your upload..... the running count of site crashes is now at 7..... it has become quite comical actually.

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney extends the time for video entries...remember the Moms Panel and how they were only going to take like 5,000 entries and then doubled it...

Well I was in the middle of uploading and it his midnight and then page reset itself, so I clicked back and tried to upload again but it said something about a server error. So I clicked back again and just as quickly the template changed to show all then entries.... so I guess I'm out of luck. That is pretty cruddy though that they wouldn't have an upgraded server to handle the high volume of transfers or a central email address to email a video.

This is my first post - I've been lurking in this thread for a few days - since I uploaded my video on Friday morning, and it still hasn't posted. I too got the Thanks for entering message, but that's it.

Did I miss whether LightSaber's wife's video made it up?

I feel bad for you HauntedMansionFan - you are right - they didn't have enough server power for the last day.

Whoops - I accidentally started a post about the problem I had because I was too upset to really search for it here, but I also was unable to complete my submission. I by no means would've expected to win, but I worked hard and long on my video, and I really just wanted to be able to say I entered. I emailed the feedback form under Terms and Policies, but it goes straight to CareerBuilder.com, so I don't imagine I'll get much satisfaction. It really is a shame - I had no idea it had been an issue for so long...that makes it even worse!

Good luck to those who entered...maybe this means karma will grant me a consolation prize on my next trip...like...the Castle Suite maybe?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter