Disney: It's For Adults, Too! (finally booked!!!)

I've heard good things about the avocado margarita....have you tried it before?

Sorry if you've mentioned this before and I missed it, but did your husband get the job he was interviewing for?

I've heard good things about the avocado margarita....have you tried it before?

Sorry if you've mentioned this before and I missed it, but did your husband get the job he was interviewing for?

I LOVE the avocado margarita. It's fabulous. We found the recipe on line and make it at home regularly! ALMOST as good. Very delicious. It's not super avocado-y, the flavors come from the melon liquore and the agave moreso than the avocado. But the Avocado makes it so creamy and smooth!

He didn't get the job :( We found out that they had flown someone in from out of state and that there were interns applying as well. After that our hopes went way down and he didn't end up getting it. But apparently they liked him a lot and they're keeping his resume on file and will contact him for future openings.
We had so much luck with that one (contacts and such) and we're starting to get a lot less optimistic of him EVER getting a job.

We're in high spirits, though! Just have to be thankful for my jobs and having very helpful parents!

edit: forgot to mention that the same company has a paid internship available in April. He's applied for that one already so mid to late April we'll find out if he got that. He loves the company so hopefully he gets the internship (seeing as how he came close to getting a real job there, we have high hopes for the internship!).

Saw you joined my PTR, so thought I'd check out yours! Sounds so fun to be going with your mom! I would love to do that with mine. For your CD, if you are still wanting to make one, you should definitely put "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast on there. Its my favorite and its BASICALLY inviting you to Disney!! Also, I like your idea of Epcot on arrival night! We wanted to upgrade to POR for our trip in May, but decided to save a few bucks and stay at Pop. I hope you do a TR for it so I can see how you like POR!!!

Also, as you seem to have a love of alcohol like I do, please please please tell me you have been to The Rio in Downtown Denver or Boulder for their Margaritas?!?!?! We have family that live in the Denver area and going to the Rio has become a Must Do every single time we are there. They are amazing, best margaritas ever ever ever...I want one now!!

You just completely sold me on the avocado margarita....did you get that at the Ditch or the outside stand! Inquiring minds want to know;)

I was thinking of you last night when my beloved Jet's lost to Tampa Bay and all hopes of the playoffs for us were gone:sad1: I knew you of anyone would understand my heartbreak! We had a great first season with them back...we were all so hopeful but maybe next year!

The Yak attack looks delicious. Is that at Yak and Yeti? and that avocado margarita looks really smooth and tasty. I'm also looking forward to the grey goose slushy!

I LOVE the avocado margarita. It's fabulous. We found the recipe on line and make it at home regularly! ALMOST as good. Very delicious. It's not super avocado-y, the flavors come from the melon liquore and the agave moreso than the avocado. But the Avocado makes it so creamy and smooth!

Oooo, sounds good. Would you mind posting a link to the recipe you found? I'd like to try it.

He didn't get the job :( We found out that they had flown someone in from out of state and that there were interns applying as well. After that our hopes went way down and he didn't end up getting it. But apparently they liked him a lot and they're keeping his resume on file and will contact him for future openings.
We had so much luck with that one (contacts and such) and we're starting to get a lot less optimistic of him EVER getting a job.

We're in high spirits, though! Just have to be thankful for my jobs and having very helpful parents!

edit: forgot to mention that the same company has a paid internship available in April. He's applied for that one already so mid to late April we'll find out if he got that. He loves the company so hopefully he gets the internship (seeing as how he came close to getting a real job there, we have high hopes for the internship!).

Aw, sorry about that. It's such a difficult job market right now. I'm glad that you're in good spirits though. Hang in there! We'll root for the internship coming through. :goodvibes

Saw you joined my PTR, so thought I'd check out yours! Sounds so fun to be going with your mom! I would love to do that with mine. For your CD, if you are still wanting to make one, you should definitely put "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast on there. Its my favorite and its BASICALLY inviting you to Disney!! Also, I like your idea of Epcot on arrival night! We wanted to upgrade to POR for our trip in May, but decided to save a few bucks and stay at Pop. I hope you do a TR for it so I can see how you like POR!!!

Also, as you seem to have a love of alcohol like I do, please please please tell me you have been to The Rio in Downtown Denver or Boulder for their Margaritas?!?!?! We have family that live in the Denver area and going to the Rio has become a Must Do every single time we are there. They are amazing, best margaritas ever ever ever...I want one now!!

THE RIO!!!! Heck yes I have been there. Best traditional margarita there is! My husband and his dad have been tirelessly working on replicating it. We've gotten pretty close! The secret is tree-top apple juice, and a special type of lime juice called Duffy's. And some other crap (I don't pay attention I just taste it!) So awesome you brought up the Rio.

I wanted to save money by staying at Pop or All-star but my mom was like "I'm doing this once so I'm doing it right" whereas I want to go all the time and spend little time at the room anyways! POR seems like such good bang for your buck. It looks SO nice but it's moderate price. I'm excited. I'll take lots of pictures!

AND BEST IDEA EVER for "Be Our Guest". Thanks for that recommendation. That seems PERFECT for what I'm going for for that CD! Did not think to add it for whatever reason. YAY

The Yak attack looks delicious. Is that at Yak and Yeti? and that avocado margarita looks really smooth and tasty. I'm also looking forward to the grey goose slushy!

The Yak Attak is at the Dawa Bar in AK and at the Yak and Yeti restaurant. I THINK. I looked on the internet and that's what I seemed to have found. If it's ONLY at the sit-down place I'm going to be so sad. We're not big Asian food people so we wouldn't be making a reservation there just for the cocktail (or would we? :rotfl:)

Let me know how you like the avocado one. I've been told it's not for everyone but I think it's the best thing there ever is

Oooo, sounds good. Would you mind posting a link to the recipe you found? I'd like to try it.

Aw, sorry about that. It's such a difficult job market right now. I'm glad that you're in good spirits though. Hang in there! We'll root for the internship coming through. :goodvibes

Here ya go! http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/12/14/reader-recipe-la-cava-del-tequila-avocado-margarita/

Make sure you blend it REALLY well. The smoothness is the best part and if there's tiny chunks of ice it really takes away from it.

And he got a job today! as a server at Red Robin...
Lol. At least we'll have some income in the mean time. We've been so optimistic that he hasn't even had a retail thing on the side. We sucked it up and got him one for the mean time! All his money is going to my Disney fund muahahah

Guys, I should totally learn to multi-quote...
I know how on other message boards!

Off to go learn that... brb

You just completely sold me on the avocado margarita....did you get that at the Ditch or the outside stand! Inquiring minds want to know;)

I was thinking of you last night when my beloved Jet's lost to Tampa Bay and all hopes of the playoffs for us were gone:sad1: I knew you of anyone would understand my heartbreak! We had a great first season with them back...we were all so hopeful but maybe next year!
I keep missing your posts!

Got the Avocado Marg in the cave! I LOVE them. I want to get 12 the next trip but I really feel like I should try something new :lmao:
Now I'm nervous you won't like it! Lol

I was SO bummed the Jets missed the playoffs. That crowd is AMAZING and I was really looking forward to seeing that in the playoffs!
But I feel your pain. The Avs have like, a 5% chance at the playoffs at this point. We have to win our last two AND 2 out of Dallas, Phoenix, LA, and San Jose have to lose most of their games. We're BASICALLY out but I still have a glimmer of hope! I'm trying to remind myself that I'm just happy we're close to the playoffs compared to last year (2nd to last in the league :( )! And you can be happy there's a team compared to last year :rotfl:

Jets are definitely on the ups though. So young and promising. Next year it's almost a given they'll make it (in my opinion). Gotta improve that road record and BAM. Playoffs. I love the playoffs so much even if the Avs don't make it, though. My favorite time of year. So intense

I really want to move to Canada :( You guys get me!

First off, Sam, you gotta quit posting those yummy drinks. They are making me salivate. Gonna have to set aside 2 days in out Dec trip. 1 day to check out all the decorations at the other resorts. And 1 day to sample the ample libations they have down there.

Secondly, sorry for your loss QoaT. But look at it this way, the team had a much better season as a Jet than a Thrasher. And I hate to rub salt in the wound, but how about my B's clinching the NE Division yesterday? And with the Rangers and Pens still fighting for the #1 in their didvision, hopefully, they'll run themselves into the ground.

Here ya go! http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/12/14/reader-recipe-la-cava-del-tequila-avocado-margarita/

Make sure you blend it REALLY well. The smoothness is the best part and if there's tiny chunks of ice it really takes away from it.

Thanks! :)

And he got a job today! as a server at Red Robin...
Lol. At least we'll have some income in the mean time. We've been so optimistic that he hasn't even had a retail thing on the side. We sucked it up and got him one for the mean time! All his money is going to my Disney fund muahahah

Oh well, at least it's some money coming in. Poor guy, funding your Disney obsession. :laughing:

Guys, I should totally learn to multi-quote...
I know how on other message boards!

Down at the bottom-right of each person's post is a Quote button and a button with "+. Click the "+ on each of the posts you want to comment on, and then on the last one, click the "+ and then the Quote button. You'll have them all in your reply.

Holy moly! It looks like you couldn't even spin the cob fast enough to keep up. Impressive!

First off, Sam, you gotta quit posting those yummy drinks. They are making me salivate. Gonna have to set aside 2 days in out Dec trip. 1 day to check out all the decorations at the other resorts. And 1 day to sample the ample libations they have down there.

Secondly, sorry for your loss QoaT. But look at it this way, the team had a much better season as a Jet than a Thrasher. And I hate to rub salt in the wound, but how about my B's clinching the NE Division yesterday? And with the Rangers and Pens still fighting for the #1 in their didvision, hopefully, they'll run themselves into the ground.

I was getting a little worried about the Bruins there for a bit. Haha.
Did you watch that Pens/Flyers game yesterday :scared1: CRAZY ending. I'm no stranger to coaching fights, but I guess I don't get why Laviolette was so pissed? Vitale's hit was clean and why would your top players be out with less than 2 minutes left in a 6-3 game? Don't want them to get hurt? Don't play them...
Still fun to watch. I hope they play the first round. That would be AWESOME.

And another thing Jets can be happy about is that they didn't keep those God awful Thrashers jerseys. Half the reason I never took that team seriously was the jerseys. Awful.

So I've been attempting to slowly buy up all the animated Disney classics on DVD since VHS players are kind of gone. I love watching my Disney movies when DH is not home and I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't share these movies with my kids.
Today I bought Sleeping Beauty (confession....I'VE NEVER SEEN THIS MOVIE :eek:); Tarzan; Robin Hood; Aristocats; Brave Little Toaster (I know this one isn't technically one of the Disney Classics but I love it and it was $3 on Amazon); and DUCKTALES: TREASURE OF THE LOST LAMP!!!! Best movie ever.
They were all pretty cheap on amazon except Duck Tales and Robin Hood :confused3 They were so expensive. I guess the less popular ones are more expensive because less people bought them and therefore less people are re-selling them.

Thanks! :)

Oh well, at least it's some money coming in. Poor guy, funding your Disney obsession. :laughing:

Down at the bottom-right of each person's post is a Quote button and a button with "+. Click the "+ on each of the posts you want to comment on, and then on the last one, click the "+ and then the Quote button. You'll have them all in your reply.

Holy moly! It looks like you couldn't even spin the cob fast enough to keep up. Impressive!

Thanks!
Also, he may be helping with my Disney obsession...but I take care of the rent :laughing:
I offered to pay for him to go with us. But he said he'd rather save up for heli-skiing in Alaska :scared1: My obsession is expensive but his is deadly! (we just had a friends' brother die back country skiing two days ago...I'm close to hiding his snowboards!)

And the corn video is a tad annoying because usually I'm faster but I forgot to swallow the kernels I had bit off so I had to stop and chew :lmao: I still beat him, though! It's the Iowa in me, I guess!

I keep missing your posts!

Got the Avocado Marg in the cave! I LOVE them. I want to get 12 the next trip but I really feel like I should try something new :lmao:
Now I'm nervous you won't like it! Lol

No worries on that...I'm sure I will love it!;)

I was SO bummed the Jets missed the playoffs. That crowd is AMAZING and I was really looking forward to seeing that in the playoffs!
But I feel your pain. The Avs have like, a 5% chance at the playoffs at this point. We have to win our last two AND 2 out of Dallas, Phoenix, LA, and San Jose have to lose most of their games. We're BASICALLY out but I still have a glimmer of hope! I'm trying to remind myself that I'm just happy we're close to the playoffs compared to last year (2nd to last in the league :( )! And you can be happy there's a team compared to last year :rotfl:
Awww thanks:hug: You are so right...the crowd is amazing and when the Jets were originally here, the playoffs were AWESOME! I will keep my fingers crossed for you guys!
Jets are definitely on the ups though. So young and promising. Next year it's almost a given they'll make it (in my opinion). Gotta improve that road record and BAM. Playoffs. I love the playoffs so much even if the Avs don't make it, though. My favorite time of year. So intense

I really want to move to Canada :( You guys get me!

I think you're right! The whole city is behind them and they now know what it's like to play in front of a sold out arena for every home game....they are a great bunch of guys that's for sure!

I told Jasmine that I'm not sure I can watch the playoffs without my Jets in them and she gave me the look...the rolly eye look! Like you would miss the playoffs mother....I believe that was her exact words!

I do get you, so anytime you want to talk hockey girl, I'm here:hug:

I think you're right! The whole city is behind them and they now know what it's like to play in front of a sold out arena for every home game....they are a great bunch of guys that's for sure!

I told Jasmine that I'm not sure I can watch the playoffs without my Jets in them and she gave me the look...the rolly eye look! Like you would miss the playoffs mother....I believe that was her exact words!

I do get you, so anytime you want to talk hockey girl, I'm here:hug:

YAY! Are you jumping on a playoffs bandwagon? Or just watching in general?
I want to see the Blues and Rangers! Wouldn't mind seeing anyone win other than Detroit or New Jersey, though! Excited for the playoffs! So many exclamation points, there...Haha

So I've been attempting to slowly buy up all the animated Disney classics on DVD since VHS players are kind of gone. I love watching my Disney movies when DH is not home and I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't share these movies with my kids.
They were all pretty cheap on amazon except Duck Tales and Robin Hood :confused3 They were so expensive. I guess the less popular ones are more expensive because less people bought them and therefore less people are re-selling them.

Robin Hood is 1 of my favorite Disney Classic movies. I especially like how Baloo is 1 of the first multi-used Disney characters that weren't Mickey, Donald, Goofy, etc...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter