Disney Infinity musings

Vanellope is on pre-order at Target for an early release!!! :thumbsup2

http://www.target.com/p/disney-infinity-wreck-it-ralph-vanellope/-/A-14881750

AND...a new Series 2 disc album is up for pre-order....it comes with ALL OF THE DISCS!

http://www.target.com/p/disney-infi...A-14881751#prodSlot=medium_3_12&term=infinity

14881751_201309191757.jpg

I am slow playing and releasing the figures to my DD as we go. I guess with a 4 year old it's easier. She's not so great at the controls but, that's where I (Dad) can help. Honestly, I'm not holding Jack Skellington. We're doing MNSSHP and I want her to "like" Jack for the meet and greet.

I've already pre-ordered the Toy Story games but, I still have Mike (Monsters), Dash, Violet and The Cars Playset set for Christmas. Now, Ralph will be out?

With the dolls, dresses, Disney Infinity playsets and our 2 weeks in Nov. at DW this will be a Disney Christmas indeed. I need to buy stock.

The series 2 disc collection is a good idea. Too bad I can't bring myself to pay $60...

How much have you spent on the mystery packs trying to get the discs you wanted though? This is cheaper even with sales.

How much have you spent on the mystery packs trying to get the discs you wanted though? This is cheaper even with sales.

I think it's cheaper but, I was kinda hoping they didn't do this and made it more of a trading hobby. Still, Lord knows I can only have so many Rapunzel before it gets old.

Unless my math is wrong:

$60 = $3 per disc

Toys r us was offering the blind packs for 2 for $6, each blind pack has 2 disks so for that deal each disk costs $1.50. If you buy the blind packs retail which is $5 for 2 disks that's about $2.50 per disk.

So technically it's cheaper to buy the blind packs on sale and trade whatever doubles you have since when you trade your disk you just trade one for another it doesn't change cost for you that way unless you buy an individual disk from someone.

It's not really 'cheaper' unless you are constantly buying the blind packs to get them all. I think it's better and cheaper to trade but if that's not your thing buying them all out right would work and end up being cheaper and easier in the long run.

Considering I haven't played much and haven't touched the toy box yet I'm not really into buying all of them out right like that. It's actually easier to just buy the blind packs till I have what I want, trade or buy the disks I want. I really don't need all of them because I doubt I will use all of them.

Speaking of which I currently have two disks that are duplicates:
Carl's cane and Cinderella's coach. I'm willing to trade for anything I don't already have which I'll list:

Carl's cane
Cinderella's coach
Mickey's car
Kahn Mulan's horse
Rapunzel's birthday sky
Tugley Wood (alice in wonderland)
Marlin's Reef (Finding nemo)
Chrome Armor Shield
Pieces of Eight aka Pirate booty(Jack Sparrow)

The discs I want the most that I don't already have are actually Stitch's Blaster and Bolt's Super Strength.

Unless my math is wrong:

$60 = $3 per disc

Toys r us was offering the blind packs for 2 for $6, each blind pack has 2 disks so for that deal each disk costs $1.50. If you buy the blind packs retail which is $5 for 2 disks that's about $2.50 per disk.

So technically it's cheaper to buy the blind packs on sale and trade whatever doubles you have since when you trade your disk you just trade one for another it doesn't change cost for you that way unless you buy an individual disk from someone.

It's not really 'cheaper' unless you are constantly buying the blind packs to get them all. I think it's better and cheaper to trade but if that's not your thing buying them all out right would work and end up being cheaper and easier in the long run.

Considering I haven't played much and haven't touched the toy box yet I'm not really into buying all of them out right like that. It's actually easier to just buy the blind packs till I have what I want, trade or buy the disks I want. I really don't need all of them because I doubt I will use all of them.

Speaking of which I currently have two disks that are duplicates:
Carl's cane and Cinderella's coach. I'm willing to trade for anything I don't already have which I'll list:

Carl's cane
Cinderella's coach
Mickey's car
Kahn Mulan's horse
Rapunzel's birthday sky
Tugley Wood (alice in wonderland)
Marlin's Reef (Finding nemo)
Chrome Armor Shield
Pieces of Eight aka Pirate booty(Jack Sparrow)

The discs I want the most that I don't already have are actually Stitch's Blaster and Bolt's Super Strength.

That is how I was thinking about it myself at first, but after what happened with the Wave 1 discs, it has me thinking differently. So many of us took advantage of the TRU B1G1 50% off sale only to get hooked and continue buying (even when the sale was over) to get all of the discs. Couple that with how difficult it is to get each and every disc to complete the collection and the price goes up. For me, the price tag of the Wave 2 album and disc set is tough to swallow, but sounds like it is definitely cheaper in the long run.

I'm off to GameStop to pick up my Jack Skellington figure. Anyone else?

http://youtu.be/8TJzasFzY28

Happy Disney Infinity Day!

Yep. Just picked it up. I'm slow on getting really into the game (although I've got many of the sets upstairs in a closet for Daughter's Christmas) so, excuse the dumb question but how do I download the worlds created by others. I just don't have time to create my own personal Halloweentown.

Yep. Just picked it up. I'm slow on getting really into the game (although I've got many of the sets upstairs in a closet for Daughter's Christmas) so, excuse the dumb question but how do I download the worlds created by others. I just don't have time to create my own personal Halloweentown.

Not a dumb question at all! I had to figure it out myself. What console are you using? They can't be downloaded on the Wii or DS. If you have an XBox or PS3 though, there is an option when you start the game to access toy boxes. I'm pretty sure it is when you select whether you want to play in Monsters U, Incredibles, etc. Once you click that, pick the shared Disney toy boxes and you can download from there. I hope this helps! They're great fun!

Another update....

Toys R Us officially announced on their Facebook page that the US Release of Infinite Crystal Series Sulley and Mr. Incredible will be next Sunday, October 13th. This is two days after they are released in Canada.

Also confirmed is the release of the third Gold Pack Power Disc for the 13th.... Emperor Zurg's Wrath.

1375910_10100275363356700_1768635451_n.jpg

I'm not a fan of the crystal Mr. Incredible. It looks strange to me because of the combo of crystal and color. I do like crystal Sulley though.

Not a dumb question at all! I had to figure it out myself. What console are you using? They can't be downloaded on the Wii or DS. If you have an XBox or PS3 though, there is an option when you start the game to access toy boxes. I'm pretty sure it is when you select whether you want to play in Monsters U, Incredibles, etc. Once you click that, pick the shared Disney toy boxes and you can download from there. I hope this helps! They're great fun!

SWEET! I'm using PS3.

Honestly, I'm really digging Jack Skellington. Something about fire bombing things with Pumpkin Heads and picking on a 'little person' Gaston.

Just got off of the phone with my local Toys R Us to confirm when the new DI stuff will be released. There's a midnight release event for Skylanders stuff, so I was curious if DI would be out then too. The manager told me not until 8 am.

Here's an early "Happy Disney Infinity Day" shout out to you all!

Might wanna check out the walmart website and do a "in store pick up" on the PS3 version of the starter pack. It is $12.96 right now. Yes you read that correctly. If it doesn't work for your store try another zipcode that says it has it, then see if you can change it during checkout.

Edit: this deal may be dead.

If anyone has a membership to Sam's Club I discovered last weekend that they have the cheapest regular prices around for Disney Infinity figures and playsets. I just bought the brand new Woody figure for $10, and the Cars Playset was $30, the other three packs were around $26. I think the catch is that you have to buy them at your club, if you order them off the website they are more expensive.

Happy Disney Infinity Day! Guess what is out today?

Got mine at Toys R Us... who did not have then on the shelf yet when I got there about 1PM. Luckily there was an awesome employee who went and grabbed some from the back for a few of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter