Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were you not able to use a home depot gift card to buy Disney gift cards or a happy gift card to buy Disney gift cards? I don't think you were ever able to use Home Depot gift cards to buy other gift cards.
I wasn't able to use a Home Depot gift card to buy a Disney gift card. I was having trouble finding a straight answer so we gave it a try.

Sad to report that I wasn't able to use my Home Depot gift cards to buy Disney gift cards :( I can't really complain though because I did get the $20 coupon from Stop & Shop, and we did need to buy a new door knob so we still got a discount but we just like flipping to Disney cards when we can. Happy to report that I did get the $20 coupon when we did buy a Disney card at Stop & Shop during the promo though, just wish we bought more! I had no issues using the Happy Guy card at Home Depot to buy a Disney gift card a while back though.

UGH! For me they are UNHappy Cards!! I am currently stuck with $400 -$500 of Happy Cards I have not been able to use at Home Depot (for products) despite the store manager spending an hour trying to put them through. Plus, I cannot find a way to contact a human at Happy Cards. As far as I can tel you can only get an automated system that will give me my gift card balance (and confirms the balance), but no way to use them or find out what is wrong. This has been going on for months. I have come to the conclusion that I have been scammed.

UGH! For me they are UNHappy Cards!! I am currently stuck with $400 -$500 of Happy Cards I have not been able to use at Home Depot (for products) despite the store manager spending an hour trying to put them through. Plus, I cannot find a way to contact a human at Happy Cards. As far as I can tel you can only get an automated system that will give me my gift card balance (and confirms the balance), but no way to use them or find out what is wrong. This has been going on for months. I have come to the conclusion that I have been scammed.

You are running them as credit, not as a gift card or debit right?

I wasn't able to use a Home Depot gift card to buy a Disney gift card. I was having trouble finding a straight answer so we gave it a try.

Oh man! That's what I get for assuming without checking here. I picked up $100 of Home Depot cards on the Kroger coupon, assuming I could flip to Disney since I had seen people using the Happy Guy ones for that. Ugh.

We'll use the Home Depot cards eventually (we're planning a small kitchen remodel), but it annoys me because my final payment is due this week and now I'm gonna be shorter than I already thought I was. Bah.

We bought diapers for the target deal. They also had a spend $100 on baby essentials get a $20 gc so we got the gc plus the 20% coupon. We’re trying to stock up on diapers now

I realize this is totally unsolicited advice...but be careful when stocking up on diapers...my first child was in newborn size for several weeks, while my second child wore size 1 from the start and soon after moved up to size 2...I was stuck with several packs of newborn and size 1 :crazy2:

I realize this is totally unsolicited advice...but be careful when stocking up on diapers...my first child was in newborn size for several weeks, while my second child wore size 1 from the start and soon after moved up to size 2...I was stuck with several packs of newborn and size 1 :crazy2:
Right now we have one box of size 1 and three boxes of size 2. I was thinking we would need more size 1 but maybe we should stick with the one box for now

Right now we have one box of size 1 and three boxes of size 2. I was thinking we would need more size 1 but maybe we should stick with the one box for now
I'm not sure if it varies by store/region but my sister just had a baby not too long ago and got a TON of newborn diapers at her shower. Our local Walmart stores allow you to bring in diapers and trade them for a different size as long as they are the same brand and equal other than size!!

I'm not sure if it varies by store/region but my sister just had a baby not too long ago and got a TON of newborn diapers at her shower. Our local Walmart stores allow you to bring in diapers and trade them for a different size as long as they are the same brand and equal other than size!!
Oh wow that’s awesome!

Oh wow that’s awesome!
Target will do that as well, or at least they used to!

I will say that I agree with the pp about stocking up. All my babies were right at 8lbs and up to almost 9lbs so they wore NB sizes for like a week, then into size 1 for a short bit and they all moved into size 2's pretty fast. They stayed in size 2 or 3 FOREVER. Where we found issues was a couple of mine has skin reactions to certain brands. One of mine couldn't wear Pampers and another couldn't wear Luvs. I ended up using cloth 80% of the time with both my boys so that helped with the skin sensitivity problems but we had to give away or return a lot of dipes.

Time for another baby? :rolleyes1

Honestly, my kids were both just shy of 9 pounds....I'm not sure they ever wore newborn size ;)

I had a Happy Guy card that wouldn't work in-store a few months ago. Something was wrong with the strip. I was able to use part of the balance online. I then called Happy Cards and was able to speak with someone to get a refund on the remainder. I was sent a check. If you want home depot products, you can try ordering online.

I had a HG card not work for me at HD a few months back. If you are emailing Happy Cards that will be a dead end, you have to call. I emailed them a couple of times and then just called (I hate calling but what can you do?) and they sent me a check for the full amount 2 weeks after the call. I found my post from July -
In case anyone was wondering (and remembers the posts many pages ago ;)) I had a Happy Guy card that did not work at Home Depot. I called and was told they would have to see if they could approve a refund and that they would contact me by email about their decision. I never got a confirmation that I called (I had emailed them twice with no response) so I was getting a little worried. I was giving them until yesterday because of the holiday - gave them about 2 weeks to get back to me. I checked the mail yesterday and they had sent a check! I was not expecting it without a fight.

I had bought 2 cards when Amex had the promo $15 off $100 at HG. I used one card with no problems (got a Disney card), and now I have a $50 check, so I got $15 off $50 :)

Target will do that as well, or at least they used to!

I will say that I agree with the pp about stocking up. All my babies were right at 8lbs and up to almost 9lbs so they wore NB sizes for like a week, then into size 1 for a short bit and they all moved into size 2's pretty fast. They stayed in size 2 or 3 FOREVER. Where we found issues was a couple of mine has skin reactions to certain brands. One of mine couldn't wear Pampers and another couldn't wear Luvs. I ended up using cloth 80% of the time with both my boys so that helped with the skin sensitivity problems but we had to give away or return a lot of dipes.
I’m not even planning on buying newborn size. We haven’t been buying any newborn or 0-3 month clothing either. I think we’ll just stick with that one size 1 box for now. Thanks everyone for your input! We would’ve went out and bought more

Yes, they tried it multiple times

In general, very few stores allow you to purchase a third party gift card with their gift card. You used to be able to but most have stopped that. Happy Gift Cards have also recently changed their policies regarding allowing purchase of other gift cards with their cards (even if you enter them as "credit"). Not all store registers recognize this yet so you may find some examples where it works but they are intentionally working to stop that now.

Contact the merchant you bought the card from and demand a working card or a refund. If they say no file a chargeback with your credit card company immediately. You are fighting the clock on your ability to file the chargeback so I literally mean start this now.

Next time don’t let it go this long, if a card you get isn’t activated get it back to the merchant who sold it to you. If they say pack sand and the company in charge of the gift card won’t talk to you file the chargeback against the merchant who sold you faulty merchandise.

In general, very few stores allow you to purchase a third party gift card with their gift card. You used to be able to but most have stopped that. Happy Gift Cards have also recently changed their policies regarding allowing purchase of other gift cards with their cards (even if you enter them as "credit"). Not all store registers recognize this yet so you may find some examples where it works but they are intentionally working to stop that now.

I don't think it has anything to do with the store registers, as they are not hard coded. However, some cashiers or managers will not allow it. I can attest I was able to use a happy gift card to buy Disney gift card at BBB in early November without any problem.

You mentioned that you think you may have been scammed. Where did you originally buy the Happy Cards.....was it a reseller of GCs or direct from some store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter