• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well now the little "4x fuel event" banner has disappeared from the Happy Lady coupon. I know the language was there when I loaded the coupon this morning. Oh well.
Maybe it's me but the both the website and app have gone to pot. I can never find coupons anymore on either. The categories are screwy (some gift card coupons are in "gift card" and some are in "general." Just not as user friendly as it used to be.

Depending on the length of your stay, I would pay every other day or so. I had my card actually charged (not pending) about halfway through the length of our stay on our last week long visit.
This! With the new policy, Disney will place authorizations and charge the balance on every 5th day and check-out day.

If you have a 4 night stay, only 1 charge. A 7 night stay, 2 charges, An 11 night stay, 3 charges, etc.

I'm in Texas and shop at Tom Thumb, which is the same as Randall's and Safeway. My app has 8x rewards for $50 Happy cards, $10 off 2 $50 Mastercard gift cards, and $15 off 2 $100 Mastercard gift cards.

Last edited:

I'm in Texas and shop at Tom Thumb, which is the same as Randall's and Safeway. My app has 8x rewards for $50 Happy cards, $10 off 2 $50 Mastercard gift cards, and $15 off 2 $100 Mastercard gift cards.

:laughing: Wish I was your neighbor! ::yes::

Is it showing as a posted charge or just pending? They started putting holds on cards pretty recently. I had 3 pending charges but I paid everything off with gift cards and the pending charges dropped off later.

I pay my resort balance in full with DGC's prior to checking in. I have them avail so why not.
I was just going to say this. I have my gift cards all combined to the $1000 max and pay my room charge upon check in. We do not put a cc on file when we check in. I just don't like having to worry about what we put on our magic bands. I pay for meals and souvenirs as we purchase them with DGCs. It's just easier for me to keep track that way. I save my receipts and wrap them around whatever gift card I use so I can monitor the balances.

Maybe it's me but the both the website and app have gone to pot. I can never find coupons anymore on either. The categories are screwy (some gift card coupons are in "gift card" and some are in "general." Just not as user friendly as it used to be.

DH stopped at BB&B tonight to scope out Dis gc's. He said the lowest denomination is $50. If I get 2 x $25 Happy Lady at Kroger, will they split tender at BB&B?

What is up with Retail Me Not Lately? My DGC purchases from Disney store online on March 26th still haven't credited. They were supposed to credit on May 5th but I checked today and it's now May 9th. Seems like an awfully long time. I remember the good old days when it only took a few days. I'm not very keen on them any more for this reason.

DH stopped at BB&B tonight to scope out Dis gc's. He said the lowest denomination is $50. If I get 2 x $25 Happy Lady at Kroger, will they split tender at BB&B?

You don't want to do this. You'll draw attention to the fact that you're not really using a credit card, and the cashier might get cranky. See if Kroger has the variable loadable Happy cards instead.

UPDATE: got notification from Dosh today $5 is pending from that online Sam’s Club DGC purchase. I haven’t been in store & haven’t purchased anything else online.

That's great! Did you split tender and do exactly $45?

Has anyone gotten the new $5 deal more than once?

I can do $50's at Kroger, but it dilutes my savings - would rather have $5 off 2 25's vs $5 off 2 $50's.

Fair enough. You might have another BBB near you with $25 cards, or your regular store might get $25s in. When I was looking to get different denominations for teacher gifts at Christmas time, I was calling around to different BBBs and asking the employees to check out the available gift cards for me. Everyone I called was very helpful.

You could also use it for another useful GC in $25 denominations. I plan to take some discount Starbucks GCs for the next trip, because there's a SB in every park and they accept SB GCs. Since Main Street Bakery is open before rope drop, that's a perfect place to get my Starbucks before the park completely opens.

I was just going to say this. I have my gift cards all combined to the $1000 max and pay my room charge upon check in. We do not put a cc on file when we check in. I just don't like having to worry about what we put on our magic bands. I pay for meals and souvenirs as we purchase them with DGCs. It's just easier for me to keep track that way. I save my receipts and wrap them around whatever gift card I use so I can monitor the balances.
This is what I do! Although, I have been just leaving my cc on file since I do online check in, but next trip I'm going to the front desk when I get there (will be AKL) and ask them to take it off, won't be until Dec., we'll see if that works. Until then, I have quite a lot of GC to purchase!

If Dosh does not change the Sams Club back to a %, I am never going to be able to cash out!!! I have $8 on there and I do not shop really at any other location enough to rack up the $$.

If Dosh does not change the Sams Club back to a %, I am never going to be able to cash out!!! I have $8 on there and I do not shop really at any other location enough to rack up the $$.

Don't give up hope completely - Dosh has rotated through a variety of businesses that offer cashback from time to time. Every week or two I see something new. If you keep checking, you may find one pop up that you use, be it a restaurant, grocery store, or gas station.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I just received an email from BJ's that the $500 Disney gift card is available online for $464.99 for the next 3 days (thru May 5, I assume) to members. That's a 7% discount.

New to the thread... do you know if the online membership only qualifies for this promo? We don't have a BJ's anywhere near us (Dallas, TX) but i might consider doing the online membership for this one...

New to the thread... do you know if the online membership only qualifies for this promo? We don't have a BJ's anywhere near us (Dallas, TX) but i might consider doing the online membership for this one...
I would think so since this is an online offer, not at the warehouses. But I'm no expert on this, so I would check with someone at BJ's online...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter