Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
DoC has picked up some of them, most a while back when the deals were bigger. He recently posted one but a number of commenters said gift cards didn’t work for cashback in their experience. It also could have been they were buying VGCs & not Disney or 3rd party cards like we do.

I wonder if Disney is labeled differently at other stores like "Entertainment" at Target and some were able to go through. I really don't need anymore Disney only Visa or MC.

Has anyone else done the $45 back on $45 Sam’s Club membership? I joined, downloaded the app, thought I had everything good to go... went to do scan and go and it didn’t show up. I asked a manager and she said it was a $45 gift card that would be e-mailed to me, but that doesn’t seem right... what did I miss? Really hoping I didn’t mess myself up by doing scan and go on this order :headache:

I did the deal through doc with the extra $15 on top of the $45 plus dish plus Chase etc. I received everything but a $45 gift card. I went back and read the fine print. It does not mention a card. It just says spend $45 and show the email.

I was one of the unlucky ones and could NOT use my $25 Virtual Visa to buy a $25 Disney Gc on the disney website. I WAS able to use it at Target's website for a $25 Disney GC, though. Now i just go through the Target website.

Couldn't a Virtual Visa be used at BB with SB to buy a Disney GC?

Thanks for that. I know that not all Visa's are available to enter for SB, though. I don't think I have any experience with that one.
SB uses a different provider but you can also request a physical card for $5. You can also combine them for a fee that maxes out at $5 too. You'd have to work the numbers but you could combine $110 of virtual Visa's and request a physical card to end up with $100 that can be used at any store. Off the top of my head you'd lose 50 cents on that, but if you earn quickly and could save up $210 then it could be viable.
A little info on these from my research, if it helps: Those using Swagbucks

I did the deal through doc with the extra $15 on top of the $45 plus dish plus Chase etc. I received everything but a $45 gift card. I went back and read the fine print. It does not mention a card. It just says spend $45 and show the email.

Ugh. Guess I need to contact Sam's Club. That should be fun.

Ugh. Guess I need to contact Sam's Club. That should be fun.

Have you tried making an order online and putting more than $45 in stuff in the cart, just to check? I finally signed up and I don't see the $45 anywhere in the account but I put, like, $50 worth of soup in my cart and it showed an instant savings of $45 off so my total was only a couple bucks. The fine print does say it can take up to 72 hours before it's available, but I think it took like 15 minutes before I saw it work in the cart.

Have you tried making an order online and putting more than $45 in stuff in the cart, just to check? I finally signed up and I don't see the $45 anywhere in the account but I put, like, $50 worth of soup in my cart and it showed an instant savings of $45 off so my total was only a couple bucks. The fine print does say it can take up to 72 hours before it's available, but I think it took like 15 minutes before I saw it work in the cart.
Are there enough decent deals to warrant the membership if you do not plan on heading to the physical warehouse? My nearest Sams is over 20 miles away and I have like 5 Costcos within that range. IDK that I would want to pay shipping or upgrade to a Plus membership.

Are there enough decent deals to warrant the membership if you do not plan on heading to the physical warehouse? My nearest Sams is over 20 miles away and I have like 5 Costcos within that range. IDK that I would want to pay shipping or upgrade to a Plus membership.

If you can get it for free it may come in handy when they do deals. I know for the holidays, and I think a couple other times of the year, they do further discounts on Gift Cards. I picked up restaurant GC's for 30% off during this last one. AmEx also did offers a few times last year for online orders, some were better than others but I think they are usually a 20% discount (like get $10 off a $50 order, or $5 off $15, stuff like that). They also more recently added more items that get free shipping even without the Plus membership. It'll probably come down to seeing if there's more national brand stuff there that you use vs Costco; I know the big draw to Costco is their own brands.

I'm not a great response because we are usually BJ's people but my Mom had Sam's Club so I'd just use her membership when I had a Sam's only deal - and it usually involved GC's :). Her membership expired this week so we took the opportunity to get a freebie by me signing up this time and she can just use mine for this year. We can easily find $45 worth of stuff we'd buy there or Bj's anyway and I have $20 pending in Dosh for signing up for a new membership. (I took too long and missed the SD offer on top, win some lose some)

I'm pretty sure my shipping has been free on DGC when I've purchased online from Sams.

I haven't, I'll have to try that when I get home. For some reason my work computer doesn't like the Sam's website. Thanks!

Just saw on SB that BB is 3SB per $1, up from 2SB. Not sure if the change is good in store as well, but hey, I'll take it!

I'm pretty sure my shipping has been free on DGC when I've purchased online from Sams.

Yes! I can't believe I forgot to mention that. Sometime last year they took the shipping fee off the Disney GC's for everyone. So if you can get the membership for free or better probably makes it worth it just for the GCs.

Has anyone tried the RMN deal for Disney gcs at Best Buy? I see $10 for $125 purchase, it’s less than 10% but with my bb credit card it’s not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!