Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Does Kroger not give fuel points when you buy online? Giant eagle does so I bought some eBay gift cards to get the sears deal. Assuming chase credits the purchase as a grocery store (which AmEx previously did) I'll get the 5% back plus fuel perks on top of the 4x promo and 3% ebates :)
Now here's to hoping Kmart will let me buy Disney again!!! If not I guess I will look put it toward new patio furniture we have been considering.
They do I believe. Are they e-gift cards? And I thought Amex wouldn't credit as a grocery store but maybe I'm wrong???

Did you buy Southwest through PPDG? I had looked on GCM earlier today and I they didn't have Southwest.

Nevermind: I found them on PPDG, and miracle of miracles, the order seems to have gone through!
Yes, SW through PPDG. I was holding my breath throughout the transaction. So glad it went through OK!

Definitely lost $1200 in eBay cards someone must have hacked into target gift card account. eBay is saying they were used and not linked to my account and target says to contact eBay. Anyone have any luck with an issue like this. According to eBay customer service they "cannot see who uses the cards or what cards have been partially used and linked to an account"

I went to Coinstar today w/ my $50 Exxon gc and $100 Sunoco gc. They don't buy Sunoco gcs but offered me $33.50 for Exxon. I declined.

Ugh... has anyone had any luck getting a refund or getting a card re-issued with Gift Card Mall? I had my cards set aside to use on the next promo and they are nowhere to be found. :(

2 accounts and no bonus for me. I have earned 90 ebucks so far this quarter despite having $2500 at my disposal for churning.

They do I believe. Are they e-gift cards? And I thought Amex wouldn't credit as a grocery store but maybe I'm wrong???
Yes giant eagle sells eBay e gift cards online (some other e gift cards too but I have only bought eBay a couple times). It literally arrives in my email as soon as the transaction goes through the website. I could be wrong but I think Amex did give me the 6% back (only bought like $200-$300 previously) because under the transaction details it lists description-grocery stores and category as merchandise and supplies-groceries with the same ID # as the retail stores (I shop at multiple locations so I compared that).
This leads me to believe giant eagle's website is still coded as a grocery purchase with American express. I did it a couple times for small amounts when eBay had flash deals and I didn't have gift cards on hand (double fuel perks is more than the 5% red card discount plus at least 1% back if it didn't code as groceries). This is the first time I ever did it with chase so we will see what happens.

So are you saying you bought at GiantEagle.com today to get your GC? Were they delivered electronically? I am confused.

I am from your area it appears. Just bought a discounted Sears GC...what Kmarts have you been successful at?
Yes eBay e gift cards from giant eagle.com
They literally arrived within a minute of placing the order. No double fuel perks though currently on eBay cards.

Last edited:
Is the dreaded Paypal lockout that is mentioned here mean when you checkout it says it can not process your payment with that gift card.

I bought the gamestop bonus gift card. I purchased the eBay one and just bought a $100 best buy one. I tried to use the remaining $20 but it will not let me. Is this what is mentioned here and if so how do you deal with it? I could buy something I need on eBay if necessary but would I get locked out of that too or is it just because it is a gift card.

ETA: one more question as far as target on line. What is the limit of $50 gift cards people have gotten at one time before raising suspicion? I thought I remembered 4 or was it a dollar amount?

Last edited:
Definitely lost $1200 in eBay cards someone must have hacked into target gift card account. eBay is saying they were used and not linked to my account and target says to contact eBay. Anyone have any luck with an issue like this. According to eBay customer service they "cannot see who uses the cards or what cards have been partially used and linked to an account"
Could you give us some data points on how this happened?
There was a thread about stolen Target gcs on fatwallet. It seemed to have something to do w/ smartphones.
I hope you get your money back.

Edit: The current fatwallet thread about Target stolen gcs is not the thread I meant. There was a very long thread a while back.

I know when I tried to buy Best Buy using ppdg last week they were all valid but it kept giving me error. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

ughh, once again no bonus for me and I'm stuck in a non ending loop of identifying my paypal account

Another problem or a novice at work here.

My Best buy purchase was canceled minutes after being placed is that normal? Was it canceled because I have to go into the store to purchase?

Another problem or a novice at work here.

My Best buy purchase was canceled minutes after being placed is that normal? Was it canceled because I have to go into the store to purchase?

Yes. And yes.

BB .com almost invariably cancels orders for GCs paid for with GCs, although some have reported success when their orders contain some other non-GC item(s). You'll have to go into the store, where the POS system will accept GC-for-GC transactions but whether your store's managers/employees will allow it is YMMV.

I got the promo, which is the first promo I have received in a month! I was scared that I was never going to see another promo again. I tried to order BB gift cards, but it locked up my Paypal account. I went through the process to change password/pin/security questions and then I just ordered physical Gamestop cards from GCM instead. It went through with 0 trouble. Since I haven't been able to get any eBay bucks in over a month, I really wanted to get this one in. Even with the $10 shipping cost, it is still a very nice profit between eBay bucks and eBates. Here's to hoping my GS doesn't give me any problems like last time I went with the digital gift cards. This time I will have physical gift cards.

:badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc:
PPDG is about to get some seriously negative feedback on eBay...

PayPal has unlocked/verified/cleared my account and so there is NO issue with it at all. I still get the message "Sorry, this payment option isn’t available. Here are your options: Contact PayPal Customer Service to resolve this issue" when I try to purchase anything from PPDG. I tried purchasing from other merchants and there is no issue with the PayPal payments so it is 100% on PPDG. My PayPal account is not locked or restricted in any way.

I sent a message to them via eBay and here's their solution....

"We are sorry to hear that there is an issue with your PayPal payment. Being that there is no actual eBay order for me to reference you will need to contact PayPal customer service where an agent will be able to verify and access your account to review the charge(s)."

Ok...um...if there is no actual eBay order for you to reference, what charges will the PayPal agent be able to review? You already said there was no actual purchase! DUH!! You won't take my money! Paypal says everything is good...PPDG just doesn't want my money, apparently. This is beyond ridiculous. As soon as I get another eBucks promo, I am just going to order a physical gift card from just about anywhere and be done with PPDG.

:badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc:
PPDG is about to get some seriously negative feedback on eBay...

PayPal has unlocked/verified/cleared my account and so there is NO issue with it at all. I still get the message "Sorry, this payment option isn’t available. Here are your options: Contact PayPal Customer Service to resolve this issue" when I try to purchase anything from PPDG. I tried purchasing from other merchants and there is no issue with the PayPal payments so it is 100% on PPDG. My PayPal account is not locked or restricted in any way.

I sent a message to them via eBay and here's their solution....

"We are sorry to hear that there is an issue with your PayPal payment. Being that there is no actual eBay order for me to reference you will need to contact PayPal customer service where an agent will be able to verify and access your account to review the charge(s)."

Ok...um...if there is no actual eBay order for you to reference, what charges will the PayPal agent be able to review? You already said there was no actual purchase! DUH!! You won't take my money! Paypal says everything is good...PPDG just doesn't want my money, apparently. This is beyond ridiculous. As soon as I get another eBucks promo, I am just going to order a physical gift card from just about anywhere and be done with PPDG.

I just wish GCM would get the Target cards back. That would make everything so much better. I don't mind paying the shipping on the physical cards, but I'm not a huge fan of having almost a grand in GS gift cards. But not much other choice at this point.

I just wish GCM would get the Target cards back. That would make everything so much better. I don't mind paying the shipping on the physical cards, but I'm not a huge fan of having almost a grand in GS gift cards. But not much other choice at this point.

Completely agree. I'm going to be making my first trip to Gamestop hopefully tomorrow with my physical gift cards ($180) and I just ordered $450 more today. My fiance would have no issue spending that if I couldn't' convert to Ebay, but still, really hope I have no issues. And then eventually I'll need to deal with PPDG to get Best Buy I guess to convert to Disney if Target never reappears on ebay through GCM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter