Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grrrrr. They couldn't clear the lockout in time and they are now sold out. Does every freaking buyer have to go through that crap? Seriously. This was only the 3rd time I've tried to buy gift cards.

For those people who are trying and having trouble buying GCs through PPDG, do you have any other history buying from PPDG before you started churning BB and GS GCs? From talking to PP, I get the sense that PPDG's anti-fraud algorithm is very sensitive to high dollar amounts and frequencies, especially from "new" accounts or customers, but it adapts to your spending patterns as you continue to do repeat business with them. I know that's difficult when PPDG won't even accept your first, or even third attempt to patronize them.

As a data point, I frequently buy iTunes codes from PPDG when they're on sale, and have only had occasional trouble buying BB and GS GCs. But my wife's new eBay account always gets errors when trying to buy from PPDG.

One more thing: I believe you'll get more trade-in credit if you're a GS PowerUp Rewards Pro member, which costs $15/year.

10% more. You also get pro only promotions every month and double points for every purchase.

I tried to buy two Lowes $100 GC for $85 over the weekend, and got the lockout. Seems I'm no longer able to buy digital GC from paypal without calling and has become too much hassle.
I didn't even know there was a lowes deal on the weekend. I knew there was one on Wednesday and I missed that one.

For those people who are trying and having trouble buying GCs through PPDG, do you have any other history buying from PPDG before you started churning BB and GS GCs? From talking to PP, I get the sense that PPDG's anti-fraud algorithm is very sensitive to high dollar amounts and frequencies, especially from "new" accounts or customers, but it adapts to your spending patterns as you continue to do repeat business with them. I know that's difficult when PPDG won't even accept your first, or even third attempt to patronize them.

As a data point, I frequently buy iTunes codes from PPDG when they're on sale, and have only had occasional trouble buying BB and GS GCs. But my wife's new eBay account always gets errors when trying to buy from PPDG.
I have a long standing Paypal account, and I had trouble purchasing from PPDG - that is, I had an order cancelled. So copying someone else's idea, I unlinked my ebay and PP accounts, and then I had to go through verification 3 or 4 times to buy cards, but it eventually went through. I got my BB cards, and have decided to wait for a new way to churn to come up. Of course, if I get a great ebucks deal, or if PPDG starts selling Target(!) cards, I may give them another try.

Today, ebay asked me to leave feedback for recent purchases. I realized that I had not left anything for PPDG. So I clicked Neutral. (ebay went crazy! "Are you sure? Have you contacted the seller?") I left the following comment: "VERY difficult to get purchases completed with this seller. Server problems?"

STILL waiting for an ebay bucks promo all like :surfweb:

Me too! I woke up fully expecting a promo. It's been two weeks exactly since the 8-hour 4X flash sale, and that was two weeks from the 3X promo before that. We've been averaging a promo about every 7 days, other than during redemption months.

I took advantage of the GS gift card promo on ebay today ($250 for $300, 5 digital cards) and converted them to a $300 ebay gift card. I eventually would like to convert the ebay card to target gift cards, and then to Disney gift cards using the RedCard discount. I was thinking of buying Staples gift cards on ebay, and then purchasing target e-gift cards with the staples card online. Does Staples still allow the purchase of third party gift cards with store gift cards?

Thank you! Do you know of any other retailers that sell Target gift cards, that will allow this?

Only a few retailers allow GC-for-GC transactions, and none of them sell Target GCs, except for GCM on eBay, which has been out of stock of Target GCs for weeks and no one knows when or if ever they will restock.

I see you're new to this thread. If you're also new to churning and this was your first purchase, I hope you knew GS does not sell Target or Disney GCs and you had an exit strategy in mind for the funds that you put into eBay. There is a wealth of information and what you're seeking, i.e., how to turn an eBay GC into a Disney GC, has been asked and answered repeatedly here. This information can save you a lot of money, so we just ask that you search, read, and try to keep up-to-date before you ask.

It was much easier to go to WalMart's website and use all the smaller cards to buy larger cards. You can only use four GCs at a time, but the email delivery of the bigger cards doesn't take long at all--couple hours. You might want to do this an consolidate your smaller cards into bigger denominations before you approach Sam's Club.
Walmart .com does not allow you to buy a WM gift card with a WM gift card anymore.

Only a few retailers allow GC-for-GC transactions, and none of them sell Target GCs, except for GCM on eBay, which has been out of stock of Target GCs for weeks and no one knows when or if ever they will restock.

Thank you, I will definitely try to keep up-to-date. For my exit strategy, I was originally planning to go through BB, but then figured I could get an additional discount through Target. I knew GCM was no longer selling Target GCs, but had hoped another retailer outside of ebay sold them and allowed purchase with GC. I'll probably have to stick with the BB exit route for now. Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it!

Thanks for this link, I really appreciate it and have bookmarked it.

I was also at my local JoAnn store yesterday and had no issue using the Amex offer to buy a $50 ebay GC. The cashier simply made a 'call into the manager' and that was it.

I called my local Joann's and was told they only except cash for gift cards. I specifically asked about credit cards and was given a definitive no. You got lucky.

I would Try to sell them on Craigslist or find a moms group tag sale or something. Last year my DS wanted to sell his skylanders collection. We would have gotten about $20 for the entire thing. I ended up trading in the 2 characters that had high payout values (about $5) and then sold the rest (many they were offering only a dime or a quarter!) at a moms sale. I ended up selling them for much more. I bundled the skylanders into bags with 3-4 each and sold them for $10 a bag. And sold the starter kits as well. I think he got closer to $60, which was a lot better than 20!
The POS system is able to take the trade in credit to purchase the gift cards. As for letting the transaction through... it's dependent on the employee as it's YMMV.

You can check the promos and trade values online at gamestop.com. If your son is looking to get out of skylanders, I would trade in everything ASAP as the rates just dropped for them and will continue to drop as they get cheaper and cheaper as stores get rid of old inventory.

Sorry I just replied as I was at Disneyland this weekend!
When you trade-in games, accessories and systems, GS gives you the option of cash or credit. If you take the credit, GS will put the value on a physical card for you. Take the credit! because it's always a higher value. About a year ago, a GS employee actually told me to take the credit because I could use it to buy gift cards for that same (higher trade-in) value. As @JKalai said, GS's POS systems allow it but whether your local GS will let you use trade-in credit to buy gift cards is highly YMMV. However, what I like about a physical GS trade-in credit or gift card is you can (yourself) swipe it through the card reader at the cashier, just like you would if paying with a credit or debit card, and the balance will come right off.

One more thing: I believe you'll get more trade-in credit if you're a GS PowerUp Rewards Pro member, which costs $15/year.

Thanks so much to all of you for the helpful advice. My son brought his stuff in and sure enough they were giving him pennies or less on the dollar, so I helped him take pics for a local garage sale page. It was my first trip in a GS store and I had to at least check out their gift cards. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter