Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
under fathers day deals on gift cards.... gamestop $50 for $60 card through paypal digital .... i bought $100 worth on each account and no paypal digital freeze

under fathers day deals on gift cards.... gamestop $50 for $60 card through paypal digital .... i bought $100 worth on each account and no paypal digital freeze
They are going really fast, when I started my transactions, there were almost 1600 and 15 mins later it was 1200. I tried doing 5 at once, got at strange error message on final step (not the usually ones), so I split them up to 3 on my account and 2 on my husbands, and no verifying or issues, extremely smooth and quick. The maximum is 5, so that is the most I can do without being warned by ebay. I recommend doing no more than 2 or 3 on an account.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting about GS. I missed the Lowes deal last week. Even though my GS doesn't sell eBay it's still a good deal for the extra $10 since my son does like video games.

Perk might though. I couldn't find any terms and conditions for Perk shopping. If I remember correctly, it was 5/$1 for Target.
Perk does.

I went to the local Joann Fabric and they had gift cards, but there was a sign that siad gift card purchases could only be made with cash. Anyone have success with this?
Yes, I have had success with buying gift cards at Joann with cash. No problems. In fact they tried to get me to buy more. :duck:

They are going really fast, when I started my transactions, there were almost 1600 and 15 mins later it was 1200. I tried doing 5 at once, got at strange error message on final step (not the usually ones), so I split them up to 3 on my account and 2 on my husbands, and no verifying or issues, extremely smooth and quick. The maximum is 5, so that is the most I can do without being warned by ebay.

I got 5 for myself using GCs easy peasy with no validation issues.

I went to the local Joann Fabric and they had gift cards, but there was a sign that siad gift card purchases could only be made with cash. Anyone have success with this?

My local Joann had a sign that said cash or debit/credit. The cashier asked me to show ID and called his manager for approval before he rang up the purchase.

I was also at my local JoAnn store yesterday and had no issue using the Amex offer to buy a $50 ebay GC. The cashier simply made a 'call into the manager' and that was it.

Ok so bought 2 of gamestop. I have not done digital cards before. Do I just take my email to gamestop and buy disney gift cards? eek what did I just do? I need an even number though to use all on gift cards don't I though?

i usually screen shot the gift card code screen and then you can just scrool through them easier.. they will come in an email you have to open

I just came to post about the Game Stop cards. I still haven't received my physical ones from last weeks sale but I was able to buy 4 of these and pay with an Ebay gift card. I'm headed out to give it a try!

Ok so bought 2 of gamestop. I have not done digital cards before. Do I just take my email to gamestop and buy disney gift cards? eek what did I just do? I need an even number though to use all on gift cards don't I though?
In your email will be a link, click on the link, and then you can print that page to bring to gamestop. Unfortunately, Gamestop does not sell Disney cards, so you will have a bit more work to do if that is what you need. At Gamestop they sell ebay cards (with other choices as well, including amazon), so you can purchases a $120 ebay card, use that ebay card to purchase a best buy card (they sell Disney gift cards) on ebay than bring the new best buy print out to best buy to get your Disney card.

Ugh. I tried to buy the GS cards and I'm lockout out of my PayPal account again. On the phone now but my guess is that they'll all be gone by the time they get to me. And I don't have any eBay gift cards right now so I was going to use my credit card!

In your email will be a link, click on the link, and then you can print that page to bring to gamestop. Unfortunately, Gamestop does not sell Disney cards, so you will have a bit more work to do if that is what you need. At Gamestop they sell ebay cards (with other choices as well, including amazon), so you can purchases a $120 ebay card, use that ebay card to purchase a best buy card (they sell Disney gift cards) on ebay than bring the new best buy print out to best buy to get your Disney card.

Not to clog up the posts but THANK YOU! Clicked it too quick as I thought they sold them there. I am rusty on my gift cards and have never churned! Still not too bad for a couple of counter service meals I guess.

I tried to buy two Lowes $100 GC for $85 over the weekend, and got the lockout. Seems I'm no longer able to buy digital GC from paypal without calling and has become too much hassle.

Can you tell me how I can check to see when they do the promotion to give you more for your trade in credit? My son wants to sell his Skylanders game and everything (about 100 pieces) I would love for him to get the best return, since he paid out of pocket for most of it over the years.
Also, if he takes it on a gift card, is it the type that can be used for other gift cards (unless the put a stop to that at that point) or are the gift cards good for trade or merchandise only? I am asking you since you seem to actually sell stuff to the store. :)

The POS system is able to take the trade in credit to purchase the gift cards. As for letting the transaction through... it's dependent on the employee as it's YMMV.

You can check the promos and trade values online at gamestop.com. If your son is looking to get out of skylanders, I would trade in everything ASAP as the rates just dropped for them and will continue to drop as they get cheaper and cheaper as stores get rid of old inventory.

Sorry I just replied as I was at Disneyland this weekend!

The POS system is able to take the trade in credit to purchase the gift cards. As for letting the transaction through... it's dependent on the employee as it's YMMV.

You can check the promos and trade values online at gamestop.com. If your son is looking to get out of skylanders, I would trade in everything ASAP as the rates just dropped for them and will continue to drop as they get cheaper and cheaper as stores get rid of old inventory.

Sorry I just replied as I was at Disneyland this weekend!

I would Try to sell them on Craigslist or find a moms group tag sale or something. Last year my DS wanted to sell his skylanders collection. We would have gotten about $20 for the entire thing. I ended up trading in the 2 characters that had high payout values (about $5) and then sold the rest (many they were offering only a dime or a quarter!) at a moms sale. I ended up selling them for much more. I bundled the skylanders into bags with 3-4 each and sold them for $10 a bag. And sold the starter kits as well. I think he got closer to $60, which was a lot better than 20!

Grrrrr. They couldn't clear the lockout in time and they are now sold out. Does every freaking buyer have to go through that crap? Seriously. This was only the 3rd time I've tried to buy gift cards.

Grrrrr. They couldn't clear the lockout in time and they are now sold out. Does every freaking buyer have to go through that crap? Seriously. This was only the 3rd time I've tried to buy gift cards.
It seems to very inconsistent among us.

Also, if he takes it on a gift card, is it the type that can be used for other gift cards (unless the put a stop to that at that point) or are the gift cards good for trade or merchandise only?

When you trade-in games, accessories and systems, GS gives you the option of cash or credit. If you take the credit, GS will put the value on a physical card for you. Take the credit! because it's always a higher value. About a year ago, a GS employee actually told me to take the credit because I could use it to buy gift cards for that same (higher trade-in) value. As @JKalai said, GS's POS systems allow it but whether your local GS will let you use trade-in credit to buy gift cards is highly YMMV. However, what I like about a physical GS trade-in credit or gift card is you can (yourself) swipe it through the card reader at the cashier, just like you would if paying with a credit or debit card, and the balance will come right off.

One more thing: I believe you'll get more trade-in credit if you're a GS PowerUp Rewards Pro member, which costs $15/year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter