Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I feel that we have a pretty good chance of eBay offering a promo deal next week since there wasn't any this week. They'd been having something, I think each week, except for the redemption month. So, I converted all my GS cards during last week when they arrived. And I had been holding another $500 I had for BB from about ten days ago last promo when I got to tangle with PPDG, lol. I went to my BB tonight and easily converted in one transaction to an eBay gc. The only difference this time was that I had a different sales girl than I usually do, (usually the person who stocks the cards). She didn't bat an eye, we chatted and it went very quickly and easily again. Now, if only PPDG would go easily and that would make the BB churn almost as good as the Target churn! My store even sells Disney cards that are loadable to $500, which is nice!

Were all 1,200 kicks from Macy's? I logged about 1,100 from several stores by running all my errands during today's Blue Friday promo.
I got 450 at Macy's (300 in scans which made the perfume ladies very nasty), 150 at Best Buy, 150 at American Eagle, 150 at Carter's, 150 at Oshkosh, and a few little ones here and there.

I made 3 purchases today. My first one was cancelled - I am guessing because someone else got the high % cards into their baskets and checked out faster than me.
I later went back and got one, and it was processed with no problems. I just purchased 3 more cards, and am waiting to see what the future holds

I had my 1st order cancelled, but the second for $95 went through with the extra 4% coupon and I just recieved it and ordered a disney gc from target. Today was my first day to use it and I ws really worried about it.

I actually got to submit two purchases. The first was cancelled after 5 minutes. The second gave me an orde confirmation, but as of yet, no cancellation and no gift card.

My first order with cardcash was also cancelled, but I think it's because my credit card thought it was fraudulent. I got an email from my credit card saying so, I clicked "everything is fine" and then went and made the exact purchase a second time. The second purchase I got a text message from cardcash asking me to confirm I was making the purchase, but that text came almost an hour after I placed it. I confirmed and it went through. Then later in the day I placed another order with cardcash and it went through no issues. So maybe check if you're getting a text asking to confirm? I had never purchased from them before today.

I've gotten canceled almost 6 times already (one pending, but doubtful that it won't get canceled since smaller amounts and for GCs not for target were also getting canceled). Never got an verification codes by email or text which is why this has been so frustrating, would have easily confirmed via text. Their site encourages people to "add as many GCs to your cart as you like" but I had $300 max at one time and seemingly got "flagged" so now looks like I'm out of luck with the additional 4% deal :headache:

I got 450 at Macy's (300 in scans which made the perfume ladies very nasty), 150 at Best Buy, 150 at American Eagle, 150 at Carter's, 150 at Oshkosh, and a few little ones here and there.

As someone not familiar with ShopKick, why did the perfume ladies turn nasty?

You can get Shopkicks just for scanning certain items using your phone so havaneselover was probably asking the perfume ladies to pull out different products for scanning only, with no intention to possibly buy. Sounds like fun! Wish I could have watched! Lol 8-)

I spent forever on the phone with Target today and somebody backed up the whole notion that the account triggered the "resale" algorithm. After getting bounced around to a million people and departments, I finally got an email address to write to corporate. I will see what comes of that, but I am not optimistic. This is very frustrating because this is by far the best deal on the market. If they're going to offer a fantastic deal, expect everyone to avail themselves of it, even their high dollar clients. I'd be astounded if this gift card deal was a loss leader with this many people ordering. It seems suicidally stupid of them to offer such a deal and lose money on every order for years.
I'm just gonna assume you're kidding about doing this.... :sick: or you're just posting stuff like this to get reactions.... b/c no one in who is actually interested in things like this would ever do what you're describing....

Because there were three 100 kick scans for Calvin Klein fragrances. When I went to scan one (there were two others scanning as well) I was immediately approached by one of the ladies who asked if she could help me and I said I was just looking. She gave me a very dirty look. Then another lady came over looking at us all (with contempt) and I asked if there was a problem. She said we were getting finger prints on the packages. I explained that Macy's paid shopkick to bring people into the store and she said yes to try out the fragrances. I got my scans and left but as someone who does buy a fair amount at Macy's (I've probably spent $250 there since April), it was a sucky experience and the first time I've ever encountered something like that while shopkicking.

You can get Shopkicks just for scanning certain items using your phone so havaneselover was probably asking the perfume ladies to pull out different products for scanning only, with no intention to possibly buy. Sounds like fun! Wish I could have watched! Lol 8-)
Nope. The products were out to scan and I didn't need any assistance. I would not inconvenience anyone for kicks. But thanks for assuming...

Because there were three 100 kick scans for Calvin Klein fragrances. When I went to scan one (there were two others scanning as well) I was immediately approached by one of the ladies who asked if she could help me and I said I was just looking. She gave me a very dirty look. Then another lady came over looking at us all (with contempt) and I asked if there was a problem. She said we were getting finger prints on the packages. I explained that Macy's paid shopkick to bring people into the store and she said yes to try out the fragrances. I got my scans and left but as someone who does buy a fair amount at Macy's (I've probably spent $250 there since April), it was a sucky experience and the first time I've ever encountered something like that while shopkicking.
She had no right to treat you like that. I would've let the manager know what an irritable, arrogant, crappy sales associate he had.

I actually did. Apparently the perfume people aren't Macy's employees, but she said she was going to speak with them. But she didn't even know what shopkick was.
Good. I hate people like that. Whether you came in or not had no effect on her job whatsoever. It wasn't like you threw your arm out and knocked all the perfume bottles to the ground or anything.

Because there were three 100 kick scans for Calvin Klein fragrances. When I went to scan one (there were two others scanning as well) I was immediately approached by one of the ladies who asked if she could help me and I said I was just looking. She gave me a very dirty look. Then another lady came over looking at us all (with contempt) and I asked if there was a problem. She said we were getting finger prints on the packages. I explained that Macy's paid shopkick to bring people into the store and she said yes to try out the fragrances. I got my scans and left but as someone who does buy a fair amount at Macy's (I've probably spent $250 there since April), it was a sucky experience and the first time I've ever
Nope. The products were out to scan and I didn't need any assistance. I would not inconvenience anyone for kicks. But thanks for assuming...

Sorry about assuming. Sounds like they're not interested in selling perfume, just in keeping the bottles and boxes nice and shiny.

With everyone hunting cardcash for Target, I just landed a bunch of GS at Raise at 9.5% off. Went through SB for another 2%. There's no more at that rate now, but quite a few in the 7.5% range.

I've never done shopkick. How long did this take you?

I've never done shopkick. How long did this take you?
It took maybe two minutes to get the kicks in Macy's. I got 450 (500 = $2). Yesterday there were a ton of kicks but that's not typical. I've made $340 in 26 months shopkicking, but it is getting slower and slower.

Ok, so I need to pay off 650 in member dues by June 15th. Plan is to buy $400 Target e-gift cards from staples today, then use those to buy $400 in Disney gift cards from target.com using red card discount, then deposit those into my DVA account. Then wait a week and do the same thing but only buying $250 worth of gift cards. Does this sound like a relatively safe strategy or am I buying to much in gift cards in too short of a time? Just not sure if 650 in 2 weeks is a large enough purchase to raise any red flags?

Ok, so I need to pay off 650 in member dues by June 15th. Plan is to buy $400 Target e-gift cards from staples today, then use those to buy $400 in Disney gift cards from target.com using red card discount, then deposit those into my DVA account. Then wait a week and do the same thing but only buying $250 worth of gift cards. Does this sound like a relatively safe strategy or am I buying to much in gift cards in too short of a time? Just not sure if 650 in 2 weeks is a large enough purchase to raise any red flags?
YMMV..... I haven't had issues with amounts like that, but there are no guarantees.... question to board in general, can you currently buy dis gc's online using an egift card?

For those with an Amex card, check your offers for a $10 statement credit for a $50+ purchase at Joann Fabric. I'm in the store now and they have a Gift Card Mall display with many of the usual restaurants, shopping, etc. including $25 and $50 eBay and $50 Best Buy. I'm picking up an eBay to churn for Best Buy next time there's a bonus offer.

YMMV..... I haven't had issues with amounts like that, but there are no guarantees.... question to board in general, can you currently buy dis gc's online using an egift card?

I had the same question yesterday. Marionette was gracious enough to answer:

The issue has been when buying eGCs using ANY Target GC as payment. IOW, it doesn't matter whether you have the physical Target GC or just the GC # and Access code. If you attempt to purchase an electronic gift card on Target .com with a GC as payment, it was getting canceled.

Disney GCs are physical GCs. Your only problem would be the limit on the number that you can purchase in a single transaction: 4*$50 GCs and 3*$100 GCs. And whether Target .com has them in stock when you go to make your purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter