Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm going to buy a $50 sears gift card tomorrow then run to my local Kmart and see if I have any trouble converting it to ebay.

Does anyone know when the $85 for $100 sears card will expire?

The $200 in Carnival cards I ordered through PPDG Tuesday has still not come through in my email, which is making me uneasy. When I ordered a hotels.com on May 11th I received the emailed receipt from paypal at 3:53 pm and the email from PPDG with the card number at 4:06 pm. I guess I'll have to message them to find out where my cards are.

EDITED - I went to contact seller on Ebay and selected the option "I didn't receive my item" and it says Your item may still be on its way and the estimated delivery is May 24th. I guess I must have missed that part when I placed the order. I'm so used to email delivery cards coming through so quickly. A week for an ecard seems pretty long to me, since I was able to get physical GCM cards in a week, but oh well. Guess I'll wait until next week and hopefully I get them.

Best Buy Policy states:

BestBuy.com
These terms and conditions apply to both Best Buy physical and e-gift cards. The terms and conditions are subject to change at any time. Additional terms and conditions apply to e-gift cards.

• Redeemable in any U.S. or Puerto Rico Best Buy retail location or online at BestBuy.com where available for merchandise or services, including Magnolia Home Theater and Geek Squad®. Cannot be redeemed on prepaid open loop cards (sold in store only).

Physical Gift Cards and Packaging
  • Cashier must scan barcode to activate. Cards are not valid until activated by Best Buy.
  • Redeemable in any U.S. or Puerto Rico Best Buy retail location or online at BestBuy.com where available for merchandise or services, including Magnolia Home Theater and Geek Squad, excluding prepaid open loop cards and items

And I've also found statements from several of their online customer service reps that state on their forum:

Please keep in mind per ourBest Buy Gift Card Terms and Conditions, gift cards may not be redeemed on “prepaid open-loop cards” sold in-store. Open-loop cards are generally defined as those having a major credit card logo (Visa, Discover, MasterCard, etc…) that can be used at any location that accepts the brand. Gift cards to restaurants or other store locations are generally considered closed-loop cards.

The way I'm reading this, and several of their online reps seem to agree that their policy only excludes the open-loop cards which generally are only the major credit card logo cards. I personally have not been able to purchase the gift cards online with gift cards but could do so in store without the cashier batting an eye.

If we purchase a gc from an individual seller on ebay, are we protected if we receive the card and it's $0 balance?

The $200 in Carnival cards I ordered through PPDG Tuesday has still not come through in my email, which is making me uneasy. When I ordered a hotels.com on May 11th I received the emailed receipt from paypal at 3:53 pm and the email from PPDG with the card number at 4:06 pm. I guess I'll have to message them to find out where my cards are.

EDITED - I went to contact seller on Ebay and selected the option "I didn't receive my item" and it says Your item may still be on its way and the estimated delivery is May 24th. I guess I must have missed that part when I placed the order. I'm so used to email delivery cards coming through so quickly. A week for an ecard seems pretty long to me, since I was able to get physical GCM cards in a week, but oh well. Guess I'll wait until next week and hopefully I get them.

Hmm...something definitely seems wrong. I ordered 200 of Carnival gift cards this morning and had them within 15 minutes.

The way I'm reading this, and several of their online reps seem to agree that their policy only excludes the open-loop cards which generally are only the major credit card logo cards. I personally have not been able to purchase the gift cards online with gift cards but could do so in store without the cashier batting an eye.

The website then would be contradicting itself as Best Buy gift cards are closed loop gift cards.

That's how I read it too, but then there should be no other reason why literally every single online order was cancelled.

I also agree that it explains why any GC to GC transactions are cancelled online. Probably easier for them to just restrict all of it than to attempt to police which cards are which online.

Hmm...something definitely seems wrong. I ordered 200 of Carnival gift cards this morning and had them within 15 minutes.

I'll go ahead and send them a message to find out if there is a problem. I looked back at the listing and all it says is allow up to 24 hours, so I have no idea where the May 24th delivery date comes into play. My end game currently is cashing out for Carnival cards for a cruise next summer. I was really hoping since I didn't run into any of the problems others have described while ordering from PPDG (knocks on wood, over and over again) that everything would go smoothly. I guess not.

Best Buys Policy is to allow you to buy gift cards with a gift card (Except Visa/MC/AMEX). If you read through their support forums this comes up time and time again. They clearly respond to all of those issues with the same response that you an use BB gift cards to buy any non-openLoop gift card.

I'll go ahead and send them a message to find out if there is a problem. I looked back at the listing and all it says is allow up to 24 hours, so I have no idea where the May 24th delivery date comes into play. My end game currently is cashing out for Carnival cards for a cruise next summer. I was really hoping since I didn't run into any of the problems others have described while ordering from PPDG (knocks on wood, over and over again) that everything would go smoothly. I guess not.
I had a similar thing happen a few weeks ago during the ebucks redemption period. It took about 48 hours for mine to come through. I did send a message and called. Don't know if that helped or they would have shown up anyways. It made me a little gun shy to try PPDG again until this week when I got the 5X promotion which worked for me twice buying BB and then booted me out yesterday when I tried for a third go.

It sounds like BB is a good option for now. I just wish they were sold by someone other than PPDG or individual sellers!

I ordered $200 of SW airlines that same night and have also not received mine. I have the same shipping date but ebay always lists some far out shipping date as a standard. However, the SW listing said it would be emailed within 24 hours. I contacted PPDG last night and have not heard back yet.

Well, I missed out on the 5X promo. I didn't see the e-mail until yesterday and didn't notice that the promo was for Tues/Wed, not Wed/Thurs. Oh well. I only have $102 in eBay cards right now, and would not have been able to get to a Target store to purchase any yesterday.

I think, like others have posted, that I'm going to get out of Target/eBay for now. Convert the $750 I have in Target to Disney and purchase something else with my $102 in eBay. Probably a CVS GC from SVM. Our prescription plan is through CVS/Caremark and we get a 20% discount on all OTC CVS-brand medications, so we purchase all of that stuff for our household at CVS. And my whole family takes daily allergy meds in the spring/summer so we can use $100 at CVS easily. Not exactly vacation money, but I can transfer $100 from my household budget into the vacation fund.

I also have $35 in BB ($25 GC + $10 rewards) but with all the problems people have been having with PPDG I don't want to purchase more from there. I use my PayPal account for selling on eBay as well so I don't want to risk it getting locked. And I don't have a BB super convenient to me, which is why I still haven't made it there to try converting those cards/rewards in store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter