Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone check my math here for me? I bought a $500 walmart gc on raise using TCB and the 10$ off. So I paid 490 and will get 39.2 from TCB. Then using Ibotta at Sams, I'll buy 525 of gc for 504 and get 10.08 back at Ibotta. I saved 21 buying at Sams. Plus 1% cb on my credit card that I used on Raise. so thats 18% correct?

can someone check my math here for me? I bought a $500 walmart gc on raise using TCB and the 10$ off. So I paid 490 and will get 39.2 from TCB. Then using Ibotta at Sams, I'll buy 525 of gc for 504 and get 10.08 back at Ibotta. I saved 21 buying at Sams. Plus 1% cb on my credit card that I used on Raise. so thats 18% correct?

I just did something similar to this, but my CB at Sams was marked as 'denied' - I'm not sure if they track purchases using a gift card separately? I'm very new to this!

Used Raise for the first time today. Had a $15 off code on $100 GC's or higher. Used it and got the egift card code. Added it to Disney Gift Cards and it's valid.

How do you use Ibotta to get the cash back? I've never done this.
I added up your discounts and CB and I got 16.22% - but I may have missed something. Still a fantastic discount!

How do you use Ibotta to get the cash back? I've never done this.
I added up your discounts and CB and I got 16.22% - but I may have missed something. Still a fantastic discount!

I came up with a 16.32% savings off the prince of a $525.00 card.

**edit** price... LOL

Not bad!

Basically, if Starbucks finds that the cards that you load onto your account were fraudulently obtained (which, regrettably, it sounds like 99.9% of the Starbucks ones on Raise were) they can completely freeze and/or close your account and you're out the money. And not just the money from those cards, but say you had $40 in there and then loaded a Raise card for $25 in there. They can take all $65 from you.

If you Google, there are many cases like this: https://www.elliott.org/problem-solved/starbucks-steal-167-woman/

That's just one example, but basically there are lots of these stories around. It's been pages and pages and pages ago since this came up, but I first learned about it in this thread. It was probably page one thousand and something. :P
Yikes! I have added several Raise-purchased Starbucks cards in the past. Oh well, there's nothing I can do about it now.

For those who tried to purchase an eGift card through Shop Disney with a prepaid Visa, how long after the order is canceled are the funds released back to the prepaid card?

It's been 5 Business days and the funds are still on hold..

Has anyone ever had their Disney Gift Card hacked and funds used online without your knowledge? I recently had $525 stolen off a egift card and between the Disney Gift Card Center, Shop Disney and Target (who Disney had me call but isn't to blame at all) - have been able to get 0 help. I realize there's a risk to using gift cards but never thought this would happen to me.

If so, any advice on where to go for help? Apologize if this is in the wrong forum - can post else where if needed.

Has anyone ever had their Disney Gift Card hacked and funds used online without your knowledge? I recently had $525 stolen off a egift card and between the Disney Gift Card Center, Shop Disney and Target (who Disney had me call but isn't to blame at all) - have been able to get 0 help. I realize there's a risk to using gift cards but never thought this would happen to me.

If so, any advice on where to go for help? Apologize if this is in the wrong forum - can post else where if needed.
I’m so sorry that you’re dealing with this. Was the GC that was hacked registered in your disneygiftcard.com account? The was a recent thread by someone who had had their online account hacked and the balance was drained off of their registered GC.

I’m so sorry that you’re dealing with this. Was the GC that was hacked registered in your disneygiftcard.com account? The was a recent thread by someone who had had their online account hacked and the balance was drained off of their registered GC.
Yes, it was in my managed cards. Any idea where that thread was and I can track it down? Thanks for the help!

You got 2% back from Raise (10 off 500)
You got 1% back from CC you paid at Raise
You got 8% back from TCB
You got 4% discount to buy Disney GC at Sams
You got 2% back from ibotta (if it pays out)

I see its total of around 17% discount

Last edited:
You got 2% back from Raise (10 off 500)
You got 1% back from CC you paid at Raise
You got 8% back from TCB
You got 4% discount to buy Disney GC at Sams
You got 2% back from ibotta (if it pays out)

I see its total of around 17% discount

Also if the TCB pays out... I have read numerous stories from people who go both ways...that it has paid them and numerous people say it hasn't paid them. I honestly wonder if TCB purposely denies around 50% of purchases which is probably how they are able to pay 8% or 15% when every other portal is at 1 or 2% for raise.

It is also possible that they got into your email and stole the gift card from there. When you buy an egift card and it comes to your email, you should delete it from your inbox, then delete it from your deleted box, and in some emails delete it again from ever being recovered (Hotmail does this). I can't believe they make it so difficult to actually fully delete something.

Do you mean cash in any money you've earned from Ibotta or pay thru at Sam's thru the Ibotta app?

Sam's Club isn't one of the earn extra if you pay thru the app but the Disney GCs are discounted.

To withdraw money either link your Paypal account or they have a bunch of GCs you can pick from.
Thanks! This is helpful too, but I had been asking because someone mentioned earning cash back while shopping Sams club. I didn’t realize they had their own shopping portal, in addition to the coupons. :-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter