Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the heads upon this lesson. Hope they adjust for you. Waiting for another great bulk deal from BJ's. I missed the one in May that I had received an email about, daughters college graduation, wasn't chking emails. Any idea how often they offer bulk purchases?
I just made it on the offer in May, thanks to everyone here. But I've found that I'm going to need more (!!!) after my boys saw all the merch for Galaxy's Edge (if we can get in!). So I will be on the lookout for another deal at Bj's with you!

Gift Card Warning/Tip:

So back in March, there were posts about buying from BJs in bulk to get a discount. I bought 35 gift card sets (3 in a set X35=105 gift cards), in anticipation of our December trip. I used some of them right away to pay off items. The others I set aside to use to potentially pay for an AP or food while we were there. I had planned to combine them all onto one card close to our arrival date. Well, we decided to take an adults only trip for my upcoming birthday. I pulled out the remaining gift cards to pay for that trip. As I was combining them, I found one set ($150) that would not work. It had not been activated. I compared it to my BJs receipt and that set of gift cards is NOT on the receipt. It could have been an honest mistake, or an employee keeping my activated card and swapping it with these. They had rubber banded most of the gift cards when they mailed them, but there were some loose ones (still in the sets), which I had thought was odd.. I have emailed BJs and am waiting to hear back. I asked if it was possible that they can compare this gift card set to their warehouse inventory (I assume that the UPC, although unpurchased, would show up in their inventory). I will post back when I learn if they will fix this problem. I only have an online BJs membership and do not live close to one.

Lesson: Do not set aside any of your gift cards for your trip without checking their balances right after their purchase. I did not do this, as I had used the majority of them without issues and figured that I had the receipt. It didn't occur to me that I would have a gift card set with a UPC NOT on my receipt. Because I had combined so many of the gift cards earlier, I really only kept the ones I used for payments, in case they ever had to go back on them. I have bought gift cards online for years, from various places- Sam's Club, Amazon etc. From now on, I know to check them when I get them!

I hope my lesson helps someone else out in the future!
That stinks! Were you able to find the extra set of cards on the receipt?

Last edited:
I have, but it’s been a while. 6-7 months maybe. I believe I had other groceries too every time, but it did work. I might be trying again this weekend.

One of my local stores won't allow it, but another doesn't seem to care. Debit has worked better for me vs credit, but its been a year or so since I've done it.

So when you bought Disney GC's at Kroger with Visa GC you ran them as debit, you typed in the pin, correct?

It doesn’t look like Happy Guy the one with Home Depot is on sale. You should get the ones with Bed Bath and Beyond if your BBB has a gift card mall.

The Happy cards apart of the promo are: Student, Lady, Beauty, Teen, Her, Eats, and Dining

You should get Student, Lady. Beware that although it goes through some people have had negative experiences with BBB.

It looks like they might be changing Happy Her. Publix has an image with all the current retailers and Macy’s, Cheesecake Factory, Bed Bath and Beyond and Panera added. I would love a Happy Card with those 4.
Thanks, I got this and will be heading to BBB today, I am not even sure if they do have a gift card mall but I hope so!

Can anyone confirm if you can use Disney Store gift cards/merchandise credit at the Disney Store at MCO?

And, if I am reading correctly, you can purchase park tickets with the funds correct?

Gift Card Warning/Tip:

So back in March, there were posts about buying from BJs in bulk to get a discount. I bought 35 gift card sets (3 in a set X35=105 gift cards), in anticipation of our December trip. I used some of them right away to pay off items. The others I set aside to use to potentially pay for an AP or food while we were there. I had planned to combine them all onto one card close to our arrival date. Well, we decided to take an adults only trip for my upcoming birthday. I pulled out the remaining gift cards to pay for that trip. As I was combining them, I found one set ($150) that would not work. It had not been activated. I compared it to my BJs receipt and that set of gift cards is NOT on the receipt. It could have been an honest mistake, or an employee keeping my activated card and swapping it with these. They had rubber banded most of the gift cards when they mailed them, but there were some loose ones (still in the sets), which I had thought was odd.. I have emailed BJs and am waiting to hear back. I asked if it was possible that they can compare this gift card set to their warehouse inventory (I assume that the UPC, although unpurchased, would show up in their inventory). I will post back when I learn if they will fix this problem. I only have an online BJs membership and do not live close to one.

Lesson: Do not set aside any of your gift cards for your trip without checking their balances right after their purchase. I did not do this, as I had used the majority of them without issues and figured that I had the receipt. It didn't occur to me that I would have a gift card set with a UPC NOT on my receipt. Because I had combined so many of the gift cards earlier, I really only kept the ones I used for payments, in case they ever had to go back on them. I have bought gift cards online for years, from various places- Sam's Club, Amazon etc. From now on, I know to check them when I get them!

I hope my lesson helps someone else out in the future!

35 sets......................:eek:

Wow that was more then our whole trip!!!

Were you able to resolve the issue with BJ's......?

Only time my Kroger cashier is prompted to do an ID check is when the total gift card purchase is $100 or more.

I just made it on the offer in May, thanks to everyone here. But I've found that I'm going to need more (!!!) after my boys saw all the merch for Galaxy's Edge (if we can get in!). So I will be on the lookout for another deal at Bj's with you!
I cant even blame kids for our sudden soar in the Disney budget for the SWGE trip! It's me and dh! At first we were just going to get one droid and one light saber.....then we decided we both needed a light saber.....well then, of course our droid would need a buddy......then there are the holicrons......and the possibility of getting a black kyber (sp?) Crystal in 1/50 when purchasing the red.....and of course the rancor bone beer flight and cute little porg souvenir mug......#thestruggleisreal.

We are going to Alaska in July, hoping to get some by 1st week of July to cover expensive excursions, spa, etc.
already covered tips, and some in-room gifts with the Chase cc addl. 5%, but that was only $1500 worth, have some more $$$ left on one.
the most they give is 5% on at grocery store, for this qtr.
If I don't see any more by beginning of July, I will just get 4% ones at Bjs + 1% from credit card, better then nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter