Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
It probably has been mentioned up thread . but

My SOCAL- Area Grocery Stores - Albertsons and Ralphs (Kroger)

Do Not allow Gift Card Check out via the Self Check-out Stations and it has been that way

for the last hand full of years . Just saying in case it might help solve a riddle in the future

I've never used Chase Pay before. Does anyone have experience with it? I have $75 in reward points from last quarter's warehouse clubs. I was reading the FAQ and it says if I download the app, I can use my reward points through it to pay at Best Buy? Can I possibly go this route to buy Disney GCs at BB and use my reward points through Chase Pay & an Ebates code on the in store purchase (I don't use SB)? Or would I be better served to just apply the points as cash back on my balance due? I still have to buy about $1000 of Disney GCs to pay off my DVC dues. Wah wah :(

I've never used Chase Pay before. Does anyone have experience with it? I have $75 in reward points from last quarter's warehouse clubs. I was reading the FAQ and it says if I download the app, I can use my reward points through it to pay at Best Buy? Can I possibly go this route to buy Disney GCs at BB and use my reward points through Chase Pay & an Ebates code on the in store purchase (I don't use SB)? Or would I be better served to just apply the points as cash back on my balance due? I still have to buy about $1000 of Disney GCs to pay off my DVC dues. Wah wah :(

Do you have Chase Sapphire Preferred or Reserve? If so, transferring those points to CSP or CSR will provide better value when you redeem for travel. Using Reward points to pay off any bill gives you only 1 cent per point, while using CSP for travel provides 1.2 cents per point and CSR for travel provides 1.5 cents per point.

I just maxed out my BBB WF offer. Hopefully we get some good ones in 2019. I needed to buy $300 worth of prepaid deals. They ran out of $200 Visa gift cards but had 2 racks full of $200 Mastercard gift cards that I didn’t see at first. I almost bought 3 $100 Visas glad I saw the Mcs at the last minute.

Thank you to whoever posted the ebates in store deal. Got the notification immediately! Pretty much took away the fees of the cards.

The cashier was super sweet and mentioned the rebate offer. Hopefully I can get $60 instead of $20. Also hopefully I can successfully do happy cards there.

I just maxed out my BBB WF offer. Hopefully we get some good ones in 2019. I needed to buy $300 worth of prepaid deals. They ran out of $200 Visa gift cards but had 2 racks full of $200 Mastercard gift cards that I didn’t see at first. I almost bought 3 $100 Visas glad I saw the Mcs at the last minute.

Thank you to whoever posted the ebates in store deal. Got the notification immediately! Pretty much took away the fees of the cards.

The cashier was super sweet and mentioned the rebate offer. Hopefully I can get $60 instead of $20. Also hopefully I can successfully do happy cards there.

What does WF stand for?

I'm loving ebates right now. I linked the HC to ebates, and so far they've all tracked on my BBB Disney purchases. I did 3 more HC transactions tonight, so fingers crossed they'll go though, too. Last week, there was a time the ebates was 6%, so that was a nice bump on the HC I churned that day, but I'll happily take the 4% today.

Now fingers crossed the rebates work out. We have until 1/31 to file them, right?

Do you have Chase Sapphire Preferred or Reserve? If so, transferring those points to CSP or CSR will provide better value when you redeem for travel. Using Reward points to pay off any bill gives you only 1 cent per point, while using CSP for travel provides 1.2 cents per point and CSR for travel provides 1.5 cents per point.
I have neither of those - this is a pretty old Chase Freedom card that never had access to the good travel perks. I almost never use it. The rewards program is "Ultimate Rewards" and the travel redemption is 1 point for 1 cent. I suppose I could hold onto the points and watch for future discounts on point redemption gift cards? Right now the discounted options are not exciting... spotify, google, cabelas, bass pro shops, hello fresh, destination maternity and atom (for movie tix).

What does WF stand for?

I'm loving ebates right now. I linked the HC to ebates, and so far they've all tracked on my BBB Disney purchases. I did 3 more HC transactions tonight, so fingers crossed they'll go though, too. Last week, there was a time the ebates was 6%, so that was a nice bump on the HC I churned that day, but I'll happily take the 4% today.

Now fingers crossed the rebates work out. We have until 1/31 to file them, right?
WF=Wells Fargo Since June they’ve stepped up their rewards program and have offered up to 50% back at select retailers. Back in August or September they had a really great deal that we took advantage of with 50% ($70 cashback max)back at stores like Staples and Office Depot. We also combined it with Retailmenot cashback offers. However now you can only be credited for the bonus with one purchase. So no double dipping with RMN. This month they had 15%-30% back ($50 cashback max) at retailers. I used to get the highest but since I started using my card more I’ve only gotten the lowest.

I have neither of those - this is a pretty old Chase Freedom card that never had access to the good travel perks. I almost never use it. The rewards program is "Ultimate Rewards" and the travel redemption is 1 point for 1 cent. I suppose I could hold onto the points and watch for future discounts on point redemption gift cards? Right now the discounted options are not exciting... spotify, google, cabelas, bass pro shops, hello fresh, destination maternity and atom (for movie tix).
I also have a really old Chase Freedom card :) The freedom card only earns cash back...no matter how old or new the card is...BUT you can transfer that cash back (or Ultimate Reward points) to a premium travel card, like the Sapphire Reserve or Sapphire Preferred. By doing so, you make the Ultimate Reward points worth more, though they can only be used for travel in that capacity.

The Chase Reserve Ultimate points are 1.5 to 1 travel redemption. Much better deal.

Just to add on to what others have already said, using those points through Chase pay makes them only worth 0.8 cents each, so you're better off redeeming them against your bill instead of using them through Chase pay.

As @amalone1013 pointed out it's a bad redemption value to pay with points directly through Chase, but also in general you'd want to avoid paying with points directly if you can as you're missing out on earning more points with that purchase. Unless there's a promotion or a deal that can only be had with using points, it's almost always better to just pay for the product and then reimburse yourself with the statement credit/cash out for that purchase when it's an option.

Has anyone figured out a good way to split up Disney cards? I got a little overzealous with my combining and now I just want to take a smaller amount on our next cruise. Carrying around a $1000k card makes me feel a little nervous and I don't need that much just for our onboard expenses.

not sure if this has been mentioned but Sam's now has $50 Disney Gcs for $47.99.

Is this in stores? I'm not finding it online.
It's 4% off like the $75 multipack but you don't have to deal with the $25 cards. $150 multipack is still a slightly better discount at 4.7% but this is a good option to have.

Oh wait, Google to the rescue. Found it online, it's out of stock so I guess that's why it didn't come up in the list when I searched on Sam's.

I just returned 91 dollars worth of crap my kids got to Walmart for a gift card

Can I use this for a Disney gift card and will they split tender so I can just got $100 and do the rest on my credit card?

I basically never shop at Walmart

You should be able to do that. The system will allow it, I have had some cashiers think you can't use a GC to buy a GC but have been mostly willing to try it. When you use the GC the system will drain it and then ask for the remainder of the balance. If you have self checkout you should be able to do it all yourself.

Has anyone figured out a good way to split up Disney cards? I got a little overzealous with my combining and now I just want to take a smaller amount on our next cruise. Carrying around a $1000k card makes me feel a little nervous and I don't need that much just for our onboard expenses.
I haven't figured out a way to split them once combined either. Just put it in the safe and enjoy the cruise. I'd be nervous walking around with a cool million ($1000k) in my pocket too.

Just following up on the Swagbucks issue. Since I have not received my bonus (nor the Shop and Earn email) from a 12/23 $100 purchase, I checked my Best Buy purchase history. All other purchases show that I used Swagbucks. The 12/23 purchase has no record of Swagbucks being used. I don't know if was an error on the cashier's end or if Swagbucks changed something. Has anyone received Shop and Earn emails after 12/23?

As @amalone1013 pointed out it's a bad redemption value to pay with points directly through Chase, but also in general you'd want to avoid paying with points directly if you can as you're missing out on earning more points with that purchase. Unless there's a promotion or a deal that can only be had with using points, it's almost always better to just pay for the product and then reimburse yourself with the statement credit/cash out for that purchase when it's an option.
You do earn points on the purchase even when paying with points with Chase Pay in store:confused3 my booboo was going to use Chase Pay via Samsung Pay for the Q4 bonus, but didnt realize I had pay with points on. $12.97 purchase cost me 1621 points, but I earned 64.85 points. I blame myself for being so excited to buy a Pocahontas shirt for adults
Just following up on the Swagbucks issue. Since I have not received my bonus (nor the Shop and Earn email) from a 12/23 $100 purchase, I checked my Best Buy purchase history. All other purchases show that I used Swagbucks. The 12/23 purchase has no record of Swagbucks being used. I don't know if was an error on the cashier's end or if Swagbucks changed something. Has anyone received Shop and Earn emails after 12/23?
I got an email this morning for a purchase I made sunday. And also stopped om the 26th and got email/SB bonus on the 28th

You do earn points on the purchase even when paying with points with Chase Pay in store:confused3 my booboo was going to use Chase Pay via Samsung Pay for the Q4 bonus, but didnt realize I had pay with points on. $12.97 purchase cost me 1621 points, but I earned 64.85 points. I blame myself for being so excited to buy a Pocahontas shirt for adults

Well that's interesting, I didn't think they'd give you the points on the purchase. That's an interesting tidbit for if they ever do a promotion for pay with points. I assumed since they worked out how to give 0 points for the CSR travel credit charges, it'd be the same for pay with points purchases. (since it's the same kind of statement credit happening when you pay with points)

Live and learn :) I never looked too far into it after seeing that redemption value! Just enough to obsessively check that the little switch is OFF for pay with points when I open the app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter