Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is new. Please report back and post the 888 number when you can! Thanks!
Calling the Best Buy 888 number was no help. They transferred me to Cash Star. The cash star rep said the glitch was on Best Buy's end of things and Best Buy is working to fix it. Cash Star said buyers will get another email notification once the problem is fixed.
Best Buy number 888-237-8289, you can choose to have them call you back once an operator is available so you aren't on hold 1.5 hrs. CashStar number 855-793-8457

I can't seem to find where the details on Target's 10% off starts. Sorry for asking info I am sure has already been posted. Do I need to show a coupon or anything, or just walk in a store on Sunday and buy $300 of Target Gift cards and it will automatically deduct the 10% at register? And then Monday I can use them to buy Disney gift cards? Thanks in advance

T&C state that the gift cards bought Sunday can be used Monday, December 4th at 10 Central Time so you can buy them Sunday (without coupon) and use them the next day (after 10).

I just went into Best Buy and was trying to jut do one transaction from the $15 w/$150. Two of my promo codes were declined and two were accepted.

Just tried as well, only 1 of my promo codes worked at all. Managed tried to tell me it was because 3rd party gift cards were excluded, but given that one worked, that seemed a bit off. My husband and I found the time to find something else we could use to buy that wouldn't be gift cards at all, but they wouldn't work on product purchases either.

Just wondering...were the promo codes input as coupons or as gift cards? They have to be rung up as gift cards, not coupons, or they will not work. I haven't gone in to use mine yet, but I know this has happened in the past. When I combine my BB rewards with BB gift cards, the rewards have to be used first (as coupons) and then the gift cards are used as payment. With the cashstar codes, they have to be used as payment, not as coupons, or they will be rejected. I'm not sure if that's what happened, but it could explain it.
I can speak to how mine were rung up. First I used rewards certificates which took off $10 total, then a gift card which took off a chunk, then these promo codes. The first promo code worked, none of the rest did. They were rung up as gift cards. What we noticed is that the only card that worked had a varied PIN number (meaning multiple numbers) while those that did not ended in 3 zeros.

Calling the Best Buy 888 number was no help. They transferred me to Cash Star. The cash star rep said the glitch was on Best Buy's end of things and Best Buy is working to fix it. Cash Star said buyers will get another email notification once the problem is fixed.
Best Buy number 888-237-8289, you can choose to have them call you back once an operator is available so you aren't on hold 1.5 hrs. CashStar number 855-793-8457
Did theY indicate that all buyers will get an email letting us know it's fixed or just those who have called?

I can speak to how mine were rung up. First I used rewards certificates which took off $10 total, then a gift card which took off a chunk, then these promo codes. The first promo code worked, none of the rest did. They were rung up as gift cards. What we noticed is that the only card that worked had a varied PIN number (meaning multiple numbers) while those that did not ended in 3 zeros.

The two of mine that did not work the PIN number also ended in3 zeros.

Newegg sells Royal Caribbean gift cards, and there is a current Amex offer for Newegg (buy $75 get $15 back). Not sure if there are restrictions on using RCCL gift cards though.
Be VERY careful when buying the RCL gift cards; read all of the fine print. If you already have a cruise booked, you may not be able to apply new gift cards to your booking. I believe that they won't accept the cards at the pier or onboard. Some gift cards are only to be used when booking a cruise, and you have to use a specific agent or go directly through the cruse line. I have never been able to use them, but I haven't looked at them in over a year. Things may have changed.

The Target website shows zero Disney gift cards available for sale in any stores in or around New York City. Do you think that's accurate? I was going to buy Target GCs to buy Disney. I don't regularly shop at Target because they are far from me.
It may be that they have run out locally, since many people go to the parks for the holidays. I have seen where they were unavailable online, and then they come back in stock within about 2 weeks. If you aren't going to Disney before Xmas, I am willing to bet that they will be back in stock in time for your trip.

I'm going to stop at BBB on my way home to check for gift cards. Has anyone checked any in Colorado?
I purchased Disney gift cards at two locations in Colorado last week: next to Park Meadows mall and next to the Super Target on Colorado in Glendale.

Be VERY careful when buying the RCL gift cards; read all of the fine print. If you already have a cruise booked, you may not be able to apply new gift cards to your booking. I believe that they won't accept the cards at the pier or onboard. Some gift cards are only to be used when booking a cruise, and you have to use a specific agent or go directly through the cruse line. I have never been able to use them, but I haven't looked at them in over a year. Things may have changed.
Wow! Ouch! I've never done this but have thought about it- thanks for the heads-up!

No, but do report back (littleton area). I dont have alot of confidence with this path, but if someone else is willing to try .... :)
I definitely will. I've got the AMEX offer for $5 off on a few cards, but I can make use of it no matter what as I have 3 weddings in the next 6 months. I've thought about cashing out some of my Discover cashback to try this...

I purchased Disney gift cards at two locations in Colorado last week: next to Park Meadows mall and next to the Super Target on Colorado in Glendale.
With GCs or using your AMEX offers?

Just tried as well, only 1 of my promo codes worked at all. Managed tried to tell me it was because 3rd party gift cards were excluded, but given that one worked, that seemed a bit off. My husband and I found the time to find something else we could use to buy that wouldn't be gift cards at all, but they wouldn't work on product purchases either.

The two of mine that did not work the PIN number also ended in3 zeros.

Thanks for the data points.

I was able to successfully redeem 6/6 bonus codes along with rewards certificates for Disney gift cards at Best Buy at around 11:30 AM PST today. The cashier wasn't sure that I could use the bonus codes and rewards certificates on gift cards, but said he'd give it a try. All went well after he scanned the first code and saw that the system accepted it. All my bonus codes had varied PIN numbers.

Just a quick peak in and saw three new pages so figured something was up. Oh crap, all three of mine end in three zeroes! Yikes! Hope this isnt going to be a huge issue to fix! Will be watching here to see how this goes. Ugh!

My local BB&B doesn't sell third party gift cards (except for itunes), so I figured it was a local thing (phoenix area), but I just called three different BB&B's and 2 of them sell Disney GCs, and they have plenty of $25 GCs in stock. This is good news as I have the Amex offer on 15 cards, going to stop in this weekend. Need to pay for all my ADR's for our trip at the end of the month, so this plus several swings by Target on Sunday should do the trick.

Very few people got that Lowes deal, and I think very few people got the last Lowes deal as well fwiw. Some BB&Bs sell 3rd party, some don't. My hometown BB&B doesn't but the town I'm visiting right now does so if you find yourself in another town call up their BB&B and ask!
Do most Lowes sell Disney GC? I got the offer on my Amex BC Preferred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter