Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
$8 worth of Plenti points at Rite Aid this week for buying a $50 Best Buy gift card. Limit 2.
Thanks. I will definitely take advantage of that one. Plenti dropped AT&T (or maybe it was the other way around), so now I don't have points coming in regularly.

Anyone have tips for turning Amex points into Disney gift cards? There don’t seem to be any churn-able gift card options available

Anyone have tips for turning Amex points into Disney gift cards? There don’t seem to be any churn-able gift card options available

Well I have options, they're just not the best value for the points.

Straight GC -> GC there's Sams Club, Walmart and Target available. Approx. $.0069 per point.

To use my points to cover card charges, I'm seeing a $.0059/.0060 value per point.

AmEx gift card is $.005 per point.

In comparison, redeeming for a non-Disney churn gift card (like home depot, bath & body works, even Carnival corp) is $.01 / pt.

I'm not real familiar with the other redemption options, we tend to stick with gift cards, usually home depot.

I went this morning and did 3 transactions with re-loadable cards, 2 Disney and 1 Starbucks. The coupons printed out just fine. I was worried about going the 1st day of the offer because I had the same problem as you last year. It is possible your S & S doesn't have this offer loaded into their system yet. When it happened to me, customer service ended up giving me a $20 S & S gift card instead, which was great because those never expire. You did better just getting the $20 back.
Went back today. Did 2 of the $50 GC per transaction. No problem this time. FYI to all: on the coupon itself it says maximum of 10 per household, and only 1 $20 coupon can be used, per transaction, self-checkout is not allowed. Not valid on the usual suspects (Gift Cards, Lotto, Tobacco, Milk).

Starting tomorrow, Stop and Shop is offering $20 off of groceries for every $100 in gift cards you buy. This may be regional. I live in the NYC area. The $20 coupon prints on your receipt after the GC purchase is completed. Limit of 1 per transaction, so I do a couple of separate transactions every time I shop. They had this offer last year and I stocked up on Disney GC's. This offer runs from 11/10 - 11/30 and the $20 off coupon expires on 12/7. With my Amex Blue 6% back at supermarkets, this makes each GC 26% off.

I know its tempting to say that you got 26% off, but it is really only 24.4%. While Amex advertises it as a 6% cash back card (on the first $6,000 of groceries), since you are paying a $95 annual fee, it is really only 4.4%.

I just read on another site that target.com is allowing AGAIN to purchase Disney gift cards with Target gift cards (plus the 5% red card discount).

Is this true?

I just read on another site that target.com is allowing AGAIN to purchase Disney gift cards with Target gift cards (plus the 5% red card discount).

Is this true?
Just tried online and I get a pop up that says you can’t purchase a gift card with a gift card. You can get the 5% off with the Red card.

Well, if you can offset the annual fee with offers the math gets more complex.
Does anyone know if the offers vary depending on which card you have, i.e. higher fee = better offers?

I used to have the regular Blue Card but recently upgraded to the $95 fee card for the 6% on groceries for the gc purchases. I am VERY new and inexperienced in this hobby so I never even realized I had special offers with the old card. So much to learn!

If you buy with your Best Buy Visa do you still get the 5% back too?

It's automatic and there is no need to click on the banner. It should show you dollar amount choices: $25, $50, $150 etc. just click on the $150 and on the right side you should see in your cart the $150 GC and $15 Promo.

Does anyone know if the offers vary depending on which card you have, i.e. higher fee = better offers?

I used to have the regular Blue Card but recently upgraded to the $95 fee card for the 6% on groceries for the gc purchases. I am VERY new and inexperienced in this hobby so I never even realized I had special offers with the old card. So much to learn!

They definitely vary, but the pattern is hard for me to figure out. For example, I got the Google Express offer on my SPG Amex, but not on my BCP or BCE. Others got it on SPG Amex and BCP. I got the Best Buy offer on my SPG, BCP, and BCE.

It looks like I've only used $45 in offers on my BCP. I wouldn't say that offsets $45 of the $95 annual fee, but it's worth something.

ETA: After having more than one Amex for almost two years, I finally figured out how to add the offers to multiple cards. Not sure why I waited so long.

I think I may have made a stupid mistake.

I need several different gift cards for our upcoming trip, to split among various members of my family. I thought I would be able to do that via disneygiftcard.com but it will only let me transfer the balance of the card. Ugh. So, I have $500 and $300 gift cards that I need to split into a smaller amounts. Is there a way to do that? I did it years ago at the Disney Store but think I remember reading that you can't do that there anymore. How about once you get to Disney? Help!

I'm sure there's a rhyme and reason to it but I haven't figured it out for targeted offers as well as AU...my mother, husband and daughter are all AUs on 2 of my cards and I can never predict who gets what offer...when I hear of a good one I have to scour all four accounts.

It looks like I've only used $45 in offers on my BCP. I wouldn't say that offsets $45 of the $95 annual fee, but it's worth something.

ETA: After having more than one Amex for almost two years, I finally figured out how to add the offers to multiple cards. Not sure why I waited so long.

I've made enough in MR to offset the EDP and $225 on skymiles plat offsets the $195 fee. The Reserve and Amex Platinum not so much but I use them for more targeted, specific spends.

I know, I probably never would have known how to add offers to multiple cards if it weren't for these boards. :)

I've only used $45 in offers on my BCP. I wouldn't say that offsets $45 of the $95 annual fee, but it's worth something.
I upgraded in August and have used $35 in offers so far but I will definitely use the 6k in grocery spend for Disney Gift Cards this year and most of that next year. Plus I get 20c off gas for every $100 so it will work for me until next year.

I just wonder why I never saw any offers on my old card. ???

I upgraded in August and have used $35 in offers so far but I will definitely use the 6k in grocery spend for Disney Gift Cards this year and most of that next year. Plus I get 20c off gas for every $100 so it will work for me until next year.

I just wonder why I never saw any offers on my old card. ???

I definitely get better offers on my BCP than on my BCE. But I don't know if I didn't have a BCP if the good offers would show up on my BCE or not. I'm sure Amex has a method to its madness, but it's not clear to me what it is.

No Disney gift cards in the Sam's sale of course, but they do have a lot on their sale list....Restaurants, theaters. There are some Landry restaurants in there. Also some Florida attraction that must be fairly close to Disney. Dinosaur world or something like that. I noticed that a lot of the cards offered aren't in stock for online sales though.

Agreed. Most of what I wanted was "Sold Out" by 3am! I was stunned!

Is this true?

It would be most helpful if you could include the link where you read this. If we are signed up we can PM and ask more questions.

I bought five $50 visa gift cards at Kroger. They took $25 off, basically offsetting the fees. But for some reason I got 450 fuel points instead of 500???

ETA they only give you fuel points on $45 for each card. I'm out $1! :)
On mine, I got 490 fuel points. I got 4 of the $50 Visa GC with the green gift on the front, but they didn't have a 5th of that design so I got Visa gift card with a shiny silver background and the card pictured shows as black. So, I think I got fuel points for the activation fees on the green gift design cards, but not for the black card with a silver background. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter