Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't planning on using Target as the savings aren't there but I can see how this would affect those who combine with other perks. With this just being posted perhaps it will take time to go into effect or maybe Disney GC are handled differently since Target refers to them as "Entertainment". Thoughts?

I wasn't planning on using Target as the savings aren't there but I can see how this would affect those who combine with other perks. With this just being posted perhaps it will take time to go into effect or maybe Disney GC are handled differently since Target refers to them as "Entertainment". Thoughts?
I bet it's something related to the category. I was able to get Disney GCs using the apparently new self-checkout. Unfortunately, I don't need any GCs other than Disney right now or I'd go try another brand.

I agree the savings aren't there for me at Target anymore. It's been months since I used a GC to buy third-party GCs at Target. Target GCs rarely seem to go on sale for much more than the 5% you can already get using a REDcard, and 5%+ off Disney is easy enough to get at other retailers. But I definitely get that this change could affect a lot of people.

Don't know if someone already posted this (somehow I have missed the last 30 pages of posts!) but CashStar is doing the "buy $150 get $15 free" deal again for Best Buy gift cards. The $15 bonus gc's have a limited use time period. I bought two $150 gc's last time and was able to use them and the two $15 gc's to buy Disney gift cards no problem, and I had them scan my Shopkicks QR so I even earned Shopkicks on the full $330 purchase.

Shopkicks question: How did y'all know that it would be double shopkicks at Best buy this weekend? I just downloaded and figured out the app and plan to go this weekend and if it works as planned buy another $450 under my husband's name and repeat!

Don't know if someone already posted this (somehow I have missed the last 30 pages of posts!) but CashStar is doing the "buy $150 get $15 free" deal again for Best Buy gift cards. The $15 bonus gc's have a limited use time period. I bought two $150 gc's last time and was able to use them and the two $15 gc's to buy Disney gift cards no problem, and I had them scan my Shopkicks QR so I even earned Shopkicks on the full $330 purchase.

Ha! Once again you've arrived late to the party. It's posted just a few pages back! :joker:

Shopkicks question: How did y'all know that it would be double shopkicks at Best buy this weekend? I just downloaded and figured out the app and plan to go this weekend and if it works as planned buy another $450 under my husband's name and repeat!

Click on the Birthday Bash banner on the Today page. It'll show you the deals they have planned for the weekend. There's double (or more) walk in kicks at some stores, double purchase kicks at others, there'll be a coupon for $10 off $10 or more at Yankee Candle, etc etc

They just added online shopping in the last couple weeks so they're doing double online kicks on Monday.

Shopkick sends out emails with their promotions.

Click on the Birthday Bash banner on the Today page. It'll show you the deals they have planned for the weekend. There's double (or more) walk in kicks at some stores, double purchase kicks at others, there'll be a coupon for $10 off $10 or more at Yankee Candle, etc etc

They just added online shopping in the last couple weeks so they're doing double online kicks on Monday.

Thanks, I see the today page but no birthday bash banner. Strange. I'll play with it more and figure it out.

Are their limits to the amount of kicks you can earn each day? Like X walk in kicks per day.

Thanks, I see the today page but no birthday bash banner. Strange. I'll play with it more and figure it out.

Are their limits to the amount of kicks you can earn each day? Like X walk in kicks per day.

I've redeemed $1000 worth of BBY GCs for Disney GCs using Shopkick at 2 kick/$1 and got 2000 kicks about 24 hrs. later.

Hm, weird, I thought that'd be the easiest way to see it but you'll probably get an email about it tomorrow. On my Today page the banner rotates between Halo Top, Help your Charity win, and the Blue Birthday Bash. If it's not auto rotating maybe you can try manually swiping (assuming we have similar app versions, I've got an Android version)

There's limits to the walk in kicks per store. You can only get kicks for one walk in per day, and there's a limit to how much in a set time frame that changes per store. The app will tell you when you can get walk in kicks again (such as 'eligible in 18 days' or something like that). Like I think I did Best Buy 2 days in a row and I couldn't get walk in kicks for like 2 weeks or so.

The scans are also limited, some items I scan once and they're removed, other items come back the next day or next week to be scanned again. Receipts seem to be similar, but I haven't bought a whole lot of products.

So far as I can tell, there's not a limit to kicks for purchases (linked card or BestBuy QR scan). I didn't see any limitations in the Help sections.

ETA: Just found this tidbit about Best Buy purchases, I either didn't notice it the first time or totally forgot (probably the latter....)
"
  • You can get kicks for two transactions per week at Best Buy. If you're planning to make more purchases than that, be mindful of which purchases you add your Shopkick information to. Best Buy takes your first two purchases that show the Shopkick line in a week and credits them."

I've redeemed $1000 worth of BBY GCs for Disney GCs using Shopkick at 2 kick/$1 and got 2000 kicks about 24 hrs. later.

I had this downloaded on my phone two years ago and for whatever reason it's gone! Seriously, I did not delete it. It's just gone! Haven't tried to reload it this year but probably will. Weird though. I'm big into saving the mighty buck! :confused3

So for those that do the shopkicks at Best Buy, they're doing a 2x pts this weekend for the Birthday Bash. I'm a little brain dead at the moment, this means that since it's usually 2 kicks per $ it'll be 4 kicks per $ this weekend... right?

I've got a $50 BB gift card from Swagbucks burning a hole in my pocket so I'm thinking it's better to hold on to it until the weekend to buy the DGC with the double points, yes?

You can buy them all in 1 transaction and still get the savings codes. You could buy 3 $150 GC's and it'll add 3 savings codes to your cart, or buy 1 $450 GC and you'll still get 3 savings codes in the cart. For kicks and giggles I just tried with a $250 GC and a $200 GC and I still got 3 savings codes in the cart. (that one's kind of odd but seems to work :confused3) That might help with the credit card company if it was the number of transactions that flagged it

@miztressuz, thanks for these tips!

With Shopkick offering double kicks at Best Buy this weekend, I went ahead and bought 1 $450 BBY eGC and my cart and receipt showed I'd still be getting 3 $15 savings codes. Thanks for saving me the trouble of buying 3 separate $150 cards and the hassle of flipping through those cards in store.

For anyone else interested, double kicks at Best Buy runs from 8/18-8/20.

DoctorofCredit is reporting that you can no longer use Target GS's to purchase 3rd party GCs. And that this is about a week old. They really aren't posting much info about this. I feel like if this has been going on for a week, it would have been reported here. Of course I just ordered $800 in Target GC with my TY rewards yesterday which won't arrive for awhile, to buy my AP's in September. Has anyone been denied this week at Target, or has perhaps been successful?

I had no issues purchasing a Disney GC using a Target GC earned from Swagbucks on 8/16 at the Self-checkout which had the new updated software. I'm in North Dakota.

Did the cashier scan the QR code for this? Just wondering since it says gift card purchase are ineligible and I wasn't sure if Disney cards do qualify.

Did the cashier scan the QR code for this? Just wondering since it says gift card purchase are ineligible and I wasn't sure if Disney cards do qualify.

Yes. Present the QR code for the cashier to scan. I always offer it up when they ask for my phone number for My Best Buy rewards. I decline to give my number (because you don't earn points on gift card redemptions), but say I have Shopkick and show them my QR code. The terms may exclude gift cards, but I've always gotten kicks for BBY GC>Disney GC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter