Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Walmart 10x using chase pay turns out pretty good when combined with Sam's club purchases. Not quite as good as the Amex offer of $250 on a $1250 Sam's Club purchase last year, but still worth the effort if anyone is on the fence. The catch is that it depends on how you value chase points. If you redeem them routinely for 1 cent per point, then it's not so good. I value them around 1.7 cents.

So, I was eligible on 3 cards. Using each offer for a $250 walmart gift card, that's $750 in gift cards. Using $715 of the Walmart gift cards on the 3-packs of disney cards at Sam's nets $750 in disney gift cards, plus a $35 walmart gift card left over. Effectively, it's $715 for $750 in disney gift cards, plus 10x on the $715 in spend is 7150 points. I value 7150 points at around $121.55. So, $750 in gift cards for about $573.45, taking into account the points. That's almost 20 percent off, which is what I aim for. That's a little misleading, because the $35 in savings is not in cash, but in a left over walmart gift card, but that's almost as good as cash to me, so close enough.
I think I'm eligible on any sapphire and freedom cards in my account right? once I sign up for chase pay it's all those? I'm double checking,since my purchase from the 11th finally posted lol

I have a Target Cartwheel perk available for 5% off my purchase, but I have to it says "cannot be combined with other category coupons. See coupon for complete details." I cannot see the details of the coupon unless I commit to the perk. Does anyone know if you can stack that 5% with the Redcard discount to buy Disney GCs?

I have a Target Cartwheel perk available for 5% off my purchase, but I have to it says "cannot be combined with other category coupons. See coupon for complete details." I cannot see the details of the coupon unless I commit to the perk. Does anyone know if you can stack that 5% with the Redcard discount to buy Disney GCs?
I have that too. I highly doubt it will work on Disney gift cards.

Report back to us if it works!

I thought Cartwheel was dead. I didn't even try to use it on my last trip to Target.

I think I'm eligible on any sapphire and freedom cards in my account right? once I sign up for chase pay it's all those? I'm double checking,since my purchase from the 11th finally posted lol

I was able to get it using all my sapphire and freedom cards.

Oh, I just realized that we recently converted both my and my wife's fairmont cards to freedom cards and so now should have two more cards eligible for the Walmart 10x!

Will try it on a small purchase today and see if it works.

The Walmart 10x using chase pay turns out pretty good when combined with Sam's club purchases. Not quite as good as the Amex offer of $250 on a $1250 Sam's Club purchase last year, but still worth the effort if anyone is on the fence. The catch is that it depends on how you value chase points. If you redeem them routinely for 1 cent per point, then it's not so good. I value them around 1.7 cents.

So, I was eligible on 3 cards. Using each offer for a $250 walmart gift card, that's $750 in gift cards. Using $715 of the Walmart gift cards on the 3-packs of disney cards at Sam's nets $750 in disney gift cards, plus a $35 walmart gift card left over. Effectively, it's $715 for $750 in disney gift cards, plus 10x on the $715 in spend is 7150 points. I value 7150 points at around $121.55. So, $750 in gift cards for about $573.45, taking into account the points. That's almost 20 percent off, which is what I aim for. That's a little misleading, because the $35 in savings is not in cash, but in a left over walmart gift card, but that's almost as good as cash to me, so close enough.

A couple questions:
1. How can I tell if I have this offer? I have a Chase Sapphire, but just downloaded the Chase Pay app and I'm not familiar with it.
2. Do you buy the Walmart gift card in store or online? Again, not familiar with Chase Pay so sorry for the probably dumb question!

So I got a response, finally, from a BB&B manager in my area after 2 missed "you will be contacted in 48 hours" deadlines. We spoke on the phone, and he says store policy is to not sell any gift cards when the customer is paying with BB&B gift cards. This makes it simpler on employees, as they don't need to worry about open-loop/closed-loop cards. Still inconsistent with what others are saying, but at least I got my point across to not accuse customers of money laundering. Ah well, we're driving down from St. Louis in September. Maybe I'll try some random BB&Bs on the way down. Anyone had consistent success with a BB&B in Kentucky, Tennessee or Georgia? :)

So I got a response, finally, from a BB&B manager in my area after 2 missed "you will be contacted in 48 hours" deadlines. We spoke on the phone, and he says store policy is to not sell any gift cards when the customer is paying with BB&B gift cards. This makes it simpler on employees, as they don't need to worry about open-loop/closed-loop cards. Still inconsistent with what others are saying, but at least I got my point across to not accuse customers of money laundering. Ah well, we're driving down from St. Louis in September. Maybe I'll try some random BB&Bs on the way down. Anyone had consistent success with a BB&B in Kentucky, Tennessee or Georgia? :)

I went by my local BB&B here in Pensacola, FL this past Tuesday. I made sure I was speaking with the manager who confirmed that you are able to use a BB&B gift card to pay for another retailers gift card, just can't be the open loop gift cards like you have mentioned before.

My problem is I haven't really found any giftcards for BB&B that is discounted enough to beat the BestBuy promo going on right.

A couple questions:
1. How can I tell if I have this offer? I have a Chase Sapphire, but just downloaded the Chase Pay app and I'm not familiar with it.
2. Do you buy the Walmart gift card in store or online? Again, not familiar with Chase Pay so sorry for the probably dumb question!

It isn't targeted. Just need to do it by the end of the month. You shop on walmart.com and when it comes time to pay, you use chase the pay option (see blog below for how to get there) and pay with a sapphire or freedom and you'll earn 10x chase points for the amount you spend up to $250. Pretty easy. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-pay-earn-10x10-walmart-com-250-purchases/

It isn't targeted. Just need to do it by the end of the month. You shop on walmart.com and when it comes time to pay, you use chase the pay option (see blog below for how to get there) and pay with a sapphire or freedom and you'll earn 10x chase points for the amount you spend up to $250. Pretty easy. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-pay-earn-10x10-walmart-com-250-purchases/

Thanks for all of that. Unfortunately I keep getting an error message at checkout trying to use Chase Pay on the Walmart website. Ugh.

ETA: Chase fraud just called and verified the purchase and now it went through. I need to turn these around to Disney fast because my Sam's Club membership expires 9/1 and I was not planning to renew at this time!

DoctorofCredit is reporting that you can no longer use Target GS's to purchase 3rd party GCs. And that this is about a week old. They really aren't posting much info about this. I feel like if this has been going on for a week, it would have been reported here. Of course I just ordered $800 in Target GC with my TY rewards yesterday which won't arrive for awhile, to buy my AP's in September. Has anyone been denied this week at Target, or has perhaps been successful?

DoctorofCredit is reporting that you can no longer use Target GS's to purchase 3rd party GCs. And that this is about a week old. They really aren't posting much info about this. I feel like if this has been going on for a week, it would have been reported here. Of course I just ordered $800 in Target GC with my TY rewards yesterday which won't arrive for awhile, to buy my AP's in September. Has anyone been denied this week at Target, or has perhaps been successful?

My last success date for Target was 8/8/17 in Cranberry, PA. I did have other items in my order this time, but not $100 worth and I also purchased $100 in Disney gift cards.

I was just at Target today and I redeemed 4*$25 Target GCs for a $100 Disney GC.

Ha! you beat me to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter