Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
BJs Wholesale Club. $100 gift cards for $95.99.

I am a rewards member ($100 membership fee) and get 2% back. I also have a Disney Visa Card which gives 1% back.

So...my upcoming trip is $6000. I bought $6000 worth of giftcards, saving $240.60
I get 2% back from BJs = $120
I get 1% on my Disney Visa = $60
Total Savings = $420.60

Even if I get the reward membership just for the Disney trip, it would still save me $320 (but I didnt. I shop there a lot!)

A regular membership is $50 and you would still save $190.60 if you got the membership just for the giftcards. Well worth getting a BJs membership!!

On the subject of BJ's, Checkout 51 is giving a $10 rebate on brand new memberships. Same with Sam's.

I am a rewards member ($100 membership fee) and get 2% back. I also have a Disney Visa Card which gives 1% back.

So...my upcoming trip is $6000. I bought $6000 worth of giftcards, saving $240.60
Total Savings = $420.60

Even if I get the reward membership just for the Disney trip, it would still save me $320 (but I didnt. I shop there a lot!)

A regular membership is $50 and you would still save $190.60 if you got the membership just for the giftcards. Well worth getting a BJs membership!!

Your saving numbers are a little off:

BJ's GC for $95.99 = $240.60
2% back from BJs = $115.19 (You spent $5,759.40 to purchase the gift cards so that's what you would get 2% off on)
1% from Disney Visa = $57.59 (Same reason)

Total Savings = $413.38.

For the people that have order GC on Bjs have you gotten the 5% trough discover ? Or is it only in store purchases ?

Looks like 4x fuel points on gc's at Kroger next weekend with digital coupon

I saw this in the paper ad I got in the mail yesterday.

I hope you are right, I need to get a bunch of miles from my CC's for my trip to WDW, and Visa GC's is an easy way to do this for me.

Total Savings = $420.60

Maybe I am missing something, but the cost of the $100 Disney gift card is $94.99 on the BJ's website with free shipping, and no surcharge for non members. So there is no need to get a BJ's membership to get the savings. (And it is $1 cheaper than what you said you paid in store.) Also, why would you use the Disney Visa which gives 1% when the Citibank Double Cash gives 2% back on every purchase?

But as has been said over the last 50 pages, a savings of 5 - 7% is really the absolute lowest of what you should save by using Disney gift cards. A quick recap of the possible savings:

1) Buying Target gift cards using a redcard at 5% off.

2) Buying Disney gift cards at Staples or other office supplies stores using the American Express SimplyCash or the Chase ink card gets you 5% cash back.

3) Buying discounted Target gift cards at Raise or other 3rd party sellers can get you 7 - 10% savings (important to note that buying from 3rd party gift card sites means taking a higher risk tolerance).

4) Buying Target gift cards at 10% off on the 10% off day in December.

5) Buying discounted Best Buy gift cards at 10 - 15% off and then using those to buy Disney gift cards at Best Buy. (They were on sale at Cashstar for 10% off at least 4 different times within the last year, and also on sale with plenty points for 16% off at least twice within the last year).

6) Using Amex offers for 25 - 29% off at BJ's, Sams Club, Staples/Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, etc. (I detailed how I got over $5000 worth of Disney gift cards using Amex offers at a minimum of 25% off in a post a few weeks ago.)

I'm sure I missed a few and others can add to the list, but this details the relatively easy ways to save at Disney and most of them do not involve the risk of 3rd party gift card sellers. What they do involve is a little planning. Obviously, if you decide 2 weeks before your trip to start buying Disney gift cards, then you probably are going to have to settle for the low end of 5 - 7%.

Maybe I am missing something, but the cost of the $100 Disney gift card is $94.99 on the BJ's website with free shipping, and no surcharge for non members. So there is no need to get a BJ's membership to get the savings. (And it is $1 cheaper than what you said you paid in store.) Also, why would you use the Disney Visa which gives 1% when the Citibank Double Cash gives 2% back on every purchase?

But as has been said over the last 50 pages, a savings of 5 - 7% is really the absolute lowest of what you should save by using Disney gift cards. A quick recap of the possible savings:

1) Buying Target gift cards using a redcard at 5% off.

2) Buying Disney gift cards at Staples or other office supplies stores using the American Express SimplyCash or the Chase ink card gets you 5% cash back.

3) Buying discounted Target gift cards at Raise or other 3rd party sellers can get you 7 - 10% savings (important to note that buying from 3rd party gift card sites means taking a higher risk tolerance).

4) Buying Target gift cards at 10% off on the 10% off day in December.

5) Buying discounted Best Buy gift cards at 10 - 15% off and then using those to buy Disney gift cards at Best Buy. (They were on sale at Cashstar for 10% off at least 4 different times within the last year, and also on sale with plenty points for 16% off at least twice within the last year).

6) Using Amex offers for 25 - 29% off at BJ's, Sams Club, Staples/Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, etc. (I detailed how I got over $5000 worth of Disney gift cards using Amex offers at a minimum of 25% off in a post a few weeks ago.)

I'm sure I missed a few and others can add to the list, but this details the relatively easy ways to save at Disney and most of them do not involve the risk of 3rd party gift card sellers. What they do involve is a little planning. Obviously, if you decide 2 weeks before your trip to start buying Disney gift cards, then you probably are going to have to settle for the low end of 5 - 7%.

I didnt know until this afternoon that they were sold on BJs.com. I got mine in the store, and yes, correct you dont need a membership to buy on the E Comm site.
To get the discount at Target, you need to use their Debit or CC card., so no double dipping with the discounts. I used my Disney Visa for 1%. Not everyone has a Disney Visa, or a Citibank or a Discover. It really depends on the card you have which discount you can get. Discover offers 5% for online shopping/wholesale clubs, so that is the best Ive seen, giving a 10% discount for the discounted card and CC cash back.

Also, if you are rewards member at BJs, you can get 2% back. BJS you can get all the time, not just certain days of the year. Ive been buying my $6K worth over the course of 6 months. I would not have been prepared to dump 6K all at once last December in Target.

As for the Amex discount at BJs, It was 5%., not 25 and there was a 2K cap on the discount, which has now expired.

Basically, Im talking about a deal that is available all the time.

Last edited:
I didnt know until this afternoon that they were sold on BJs.com. I got mine in the store, and yes, correct you dont need a membership to buy on the E Comm site.
To get the discount at Target, you need to use their Debit or CC card., so no double dipping with the discounts. I used my Disney Visa for 1%. Not everyone has a Disney Visa, or a Citibank or a Discover. It really depends on the card you have which discount you can get. Discover offers 5% for online shopping/wholesale clubs, so that is the best Ive seen, giving a 10% discount for the discounted card and CC cash back.

Also, if you are rewards member at BJs, you can get 2% back. BJS you can get all the time, not just certain days of the year. Ive been buying my $6K worth over the course of 6 months. I would not have been prepared to dump 6K all at once last December in Target.

As for the Amex discount at BJs, It was 5%., not 25 and there was a 2K cap on the discount, which has now expired.

Basically, Im talking about a deal that is available all the time.

Curious, but have you actually received the rewards for the BJ's Rewards membership for purchasing gift cards? I ask because Sam's Club offers the same type of program and gift cards are excluded from earning rewards. I looked on the BJ's website and sure enough, gift cards are excluded from their program as well. But it could be like the Target issue where Disney Gift Cards are considered "entertainment" and certain rules do not apply to them.

The Discover 5% is quarterly, so that is not an all year discount. My point with the Citi Double Cash was that it is the best card for overall spending as it gives 2% back everywhere. As far as the Amex BJ's offer, I was talking about the $20 back on spend $100.

I understand your point about needing to spend the money over 6 months; yes, then you will be resigned to the low end of the savings pole.

Just as a comparison - you saved $240 on $6000 of Disney gift cards. Using the Amex offers and the Target 10% discount in December and January, I bought $5175 of Disney gift cards for $3823.41, a savings of $1351.59. That is why I said with careful planning, your savings can easily reach a lot more than 5 - 7%.

Curious, but have you actually received the rewards for the BJ's Rewards membership for purchasing gift cards? I ask because Sam's Club offers the same type of program and gift cards are excluded from earning rewards. I looked on the BJ's website and sure enough, gift cards are excluded from their program as well. But it could be like the Target issue where Disney Gift Cards are considered "entertainment" and certain rules do not apply to them.

Yes, I definitely recieive the rewards. Of course, its in the form of a BJs gift card, but I shop there all the time, so for me, it works.

Just as a comparison - you saved $240 on $6000 of Disney gift cards. Using the Amex offers and the Target 10% discount in December and January, I bought $5175 of Disney gift cards for $3823.41, a savings of $1351.59. That is why I said with careful planning, your savings can easily reach a lot more than 5 - 7%.

I understand, there are better discounts to be had. I was simply pointing out the BJs discount, which I have now learned is 5% online, instead of 4% in store, is a savings for anyone. Any person, regardless which credit card they have can go to BJs. com and buy the giftcards any time of year. One at a time or all at once. They dont need to have an AMEX, Discover, Citibank Visa, TARGET CC or Debit card etc... Just use whatever is in their wallet.

Personally, I dont have an AMEX and my rewards with my citibank are airline miles, not cash back. My Chase is 1% with Disney and I messed up by not using my Discover and getting better points.

For those who dont have a CC or any reward CC, you can still get discounted cards, 5% at bjs. com

Yes, I definitely recieive the rewards. Of course, its in the form of a BJs gift card, but I shop there all the time, so for me, it works.

That's great! I don't have BJ's around me but I have Sam's and I've thought about the rewards membership but excluding gift cards was a deal breaker for me. I wonder why it says gift cards are excluded for earning rewards on their website (for BJ's).

That's great! I don't have BJ's around me but I have Sam's and I've thought about the rewards membership but excluding gift cards was a deal breaker for me. I wonder why it says gift cards are excluded for earning rewards on their website (for BJ's).

I just read the terms. Im not sure why it states that or what the loophole is, but I definitely get the rewards. I did in 2015 and did for the $3000 I bought last November. (The other $3000 I bought was just last week, so I havent gotten my reward card yet).

I know it does not include the gas I buy there, but everything else seems to go through as reward eligible.

For the people that have order GC on Bjs have you gotten the 5% trough discover ? Or is it only in store purchases ?

I did it online and got the 5% from discover. Planning to order more on April 1 when the new quarter opens since warehouse clubs are a category again. I'm maxed out for 1st quarter. I'm not a BJ's member so this is great.

Best Buy is now running a promotion that if you Buy $200 in gift cards, you get a $20 promotional gift code. The $20 promo code can only be used from 3/19 - 4/1. Please note that the gift card is being purchased thru cashstar so you will not earn Best Buy Rewards. Best Buy gift cards can be used in store to purchase Disney gift cards.

So let us run the math - you are getting $220 in Disney gift cards for $200. Assuming you use the Citi double Cash card you get another 2% back, so you end up paying $196. Your savings will be 10.9%

You can purchase 2 different $200 gift cards and get the $20 bonus twice, but not more than that.

https://bestbuy.cashstar.com/

Best Buy is now running a promotion that if you Buy $200 in gift cards, you get a $20 promotional gift code. The $20 promo code can only be used from 3/19 - 4/1. Please note that the gift card is being purchased thru cashstar so you will not earn Best Buy Rewards. Best Buy gift cards can be used in store to purchase Disney gift cards.

So let us run the math - you are getting $220 in Disney gift cards for $200. Assuming you use the Citi double Cash card you get another 2% back, so you end up paying $196. Your savings will be 10.9%

You can purchase 2 different $200 gift cards and get the $20 bonus twice, but not more than that.

Thank You :-)

Have you used these before? They're calling the bonus a Savings Code not a Gift Card. If this turns out to be save $20 off a purchase of $X or more, that will not be good. Says redeemable online or in store but not much more than that.

Can the promotional card be used to buy Disney gcs too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter